Thursday, September 15, 2022

Bobservations

Who says romance is dead? Not me, as you can see in this actual text exchange I had with Carlos:

"Why don’t we do the recycling when I get home from work?"

"You’re so romantic."

"I know!"

" We need batteries for the mouse."

"Sweet talker."

Jealous??? Hello??? Hello?

And I think if they nabbed #AuntLindsey to get her phone, it’ll clearly happen at the Dairy Queen. Just sayin’.

After railing against President Biden for the high gas prices earlier this summer, Fox “Business” anchor Charles Payne actually praised Big Oil experiencing record profits:

"You know what I say? Great, fantastic, I love it!"

But when he was asked if that means gas prices could come down, he replied:

"I’m confused about that."

Seriously. Dumb.

Our little Consuelo is sick this week. 

She started isolating herself Tuesday, eating very little, so we took her into the vet Wednesday morning for bloodwork and exams. They put her on some anti-biotics—she had a slight fever—and anti-inflammatories, and when we picked her up in the evening she seemed a little better. This morning, however, while she is eating, she is staying in the guestroom bathroom. 

Hopefully our vet will get the test results back today so we can see what’s wrong with our girl.

People going nuts that in the new live-action version of Disney’s The Little Mermaid the lead character is played by Halle Bailey, a Black actress.

Yes,  they believe that mermaids are white, and they clearly then also think mermaids are real.

We recently watched a stand-up comic, Daniel Sloss, on HBO, and he is funny and raunchy and filthy—much like me—but he’s also very smart and thought-provoking. During the last fifteen minutes of his set he turned serious and talked a very good friend of his who was raped by another friend of his, and how men need to step up and combat rapists. He made that comparison people make about police officers when he said:

“If you have ten buddies, and one’s a rapist and the other nine do nothing about it, they are all equally vile.”

Truth. But here he is just being funny …

Ron DeSantis handed out millions of dollars in bonus checks to firefighters and law-enforcement officers; nearly 85,000 first responders will be getting the $1,000checks.

Who made that possible, you ask? DeSantis is using money from President Biden’s American Rescue Plan—which provided $8.8 billion to the state of Florida—to help pay for this and lots of other programs that DeSantis is taking credit for because he’s a typical lying Republican.

That’s all.

I’ve seen lots of guys with these arm tattoos and have always wondered what they mean. Now I know …

Y’all heard that the My Pillow Guy, Mike Lindell, was stopped by the FBI at a Hardee’s drive-thru, and had his phone confiscated. But, while that is good news, the hilarious part is that Lindell wants everyone to believe that he does all of the business for his multi-million-dollar corporation over his cell phone.

Gosh, he really is that dumb.

Lucas Cruz is a blue-eyed Latino model, and while y’all know how I feel about the Latin Mens, the question is: Would You Hit It?

34 comments:

  1. Poor little Consuelo. Please tell her our thoughts for a speedy getting better are with her - and we're trusting that her results show there's nothing to worry about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It appears it might have been some flu-cold thing and she's on anti-biotics and doing a little better today so we're keeping our fingers crossed.

      Delete
  2. My thoughts are with Consuelo. Having been through the wait and see with the vet too many times myself I know it is one of the hardest things to do. They are like our children but we can not explain to them that this too shall pass like we could with a child.

    Now, the important part, I hope you realize how lucky you are to have Carlos...I am sure you do. I stumbled across his Facebook page recently and his Komix postings had me ginning for an entire day. Tell him for me that his fans which he would post more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's feeling a little better and it doesn't seem to be anything serious so we're feeling good, too.
      I'll pass on your words to Carlos, he'll appreciate them. With his eyesight as it is, he doesn't do a lot on Facebook, but he checks in every so often.

      Delete
  3. Boy....you two are very romantic!!! I bet the sex is good too. No wonder your always tired.

    Nothing De Santis does surprises me. I can't stand him....my distaste is about as strong as it is for the Dump.

    Hardees?!?!?!? I didn't even know they were still around.

    And Lucas Cruz? He's Latina....of course he can hit me....clear into next year toots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knew? Recycling and batteries!!
      We have Hardees here in SC.
      Lucas had gorgeous eyes, amongst his other attributes!

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear about Consuelo. I hope she feels better soon.

    Ron DeSantis is a nightmare but he's playing politics pretty well. The Republicans in Florida LOVE him, from what I can tell, and boosting his popularity with the law-and-order crowd with those payments is probably politically smart. (Even though that's not what the money is for.)

    As for the tattoos...I've long thought they meant one thing (probably what you're alluding to) but I've noticed that WAY too many people have them for that to make sense. I recently read that instead they signify loss -- a heavy line is for when someone very close to the wearer dies, a lighter line for someone less close. Why someone less close would merit any line at all is another question, so who knows whether or not that explanation is correct!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw a guy again this morning with those stripes on his forearm. Thanks for the explanation, Steve. I wonder though, don’t people end up with entirely striped arms? Strange if you ask me. But then who asked me?

      Delete
    2. She is feeling better today, and hopefully as the vet said, it's just a cold or flu thing that will pass.
      DeSantis is your typical hypocrite'. He slammed Biden for the money calling it wasteful, but then doles it out and takes credit for it.
      It's kinda creepy that someone would get a thin line while someone else gets a big one. I'm sticking with Pringles and that other thing ....

      Delete
  5. Hoping Consuelo perks up in the immediate future. Remind her she lives in a 5 star hotel; not every cat gets her level of love and care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh she is on VIP treatment now and she is loving it, which may explain why she's feeling a little better.

      Delete
  6. I guess everything depends upon how you use the mouse, eh? Those complaining about the Little Mermaid are conservative and white. Someone should point out to them that her statue is bronze. DeSantis and Abbott are challenging each other in a stupid governor competition. Lucas is fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those same people complained about non-white Hobbits in the new LOTR streaming series.

      Delete
  7. Just one question-What are batteries for the mouse? Is this an euphemism? Am I missing something? No judgment!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think what you will, but the batteries are in the mouse and life is good! 😈😈😈😈

      Delete
  8. (Consuelo) (Carlos) (Tuxedo)
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If she wasn't such a hater of being held, she'd appreciate the hug!!!
      xoxo

      Delete
  9. I love when you and Carlos talk dirty. SG and I never have those kinds of conversations. Thanks for the info about Daniel Sloss. Lucas Cruz is cute, but I’m not in the mood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daniel Sloss was so good, so dirty, so funny, and so smart in his humor. I am hooked.
      Thanks. Consuelo is feeling a skosh better so we're hopeful it was a minor thing.

      Delete
  10. Oh, and thinking good thoughts for Tuxedo and you both.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL oh, Bob. It IS romantic! LOL
    And poor Consuelo! Keep us posted.

    Now, for the stupid, there's little you can do. You just KNOW the MAGAts do not think, they just inhale the talking points (I'm looking at Lady G and that Faux News dolt). As for the Little Mermaid, I'm so happy the racists keep throwing tantrums....

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely jaunt in a car full of trash and if that ain't love I don't know what is!
      Consuelo apparently has a "fever of unknown origin that doesn't appear to be serious." We'll take that.
      xoxo

      Delete
  12. Honey, I went down the netflix rabbit hole with Daniel Sloss! I'll finish watching with the MITM after we finish breakfast (don't ask, late start today)! You and Carlos are an inspiration and also, validation that our "romantic" conversations are spot on! Here's to good results from the vet for Consuelo! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never heard of Daniel Sloss but thought a comedy act would be nice for a change, and he really amazed me. Makes you laugh and think, which is a great combo!
      Recycling romance is a thing!
      Thanks for the kind words about Consuelo, she seems to be feeling a little better today.
      xoxo

      Delete
  13. Great tweet.
    That's not a can of Pringles, dear.
    Lindell is insane. I can't imagine anyone wanting to work for the guy.
    There is a Youtube video of little girls seeing the big reveal for the new little mermaid and it is priceless.
    I do hope your dear little kitten feels better soon. I was babysitting my sister's and the last day two of them got the flu! Who knew kitties got the flu. Wishing you the very best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aunt Lindsey needs to stop talking about women's health issues and stick to what he knows: nothing.
      Consuelo seems to be feeling better, so we're happy. It seems to be a fever thing perhaps like a cold or flu.

      Delete
  14. PS-My best to Consuelo. I know it's hard when your babies are under the weather.

    On the meanings of band tattoo--- https://www.savedtattoo.com/armband-tattoo-design-meanings/

    Daniel is funny!!

    Our democracy is on the verge of collapse and folks are triggered by a Black mermaid. Let me leave you with this-Black children seeing themselves-- https://twitter.com/AJEnglish/status/1569981782635724800?s=20&t=1Dn9WJ1pZTk3f0D6YmABVw This goes a long way in developing functional adults.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, she told us by hiding out in the guest room and not eating. If she doesn't eat we KNOW something's amiss.
      I love the video. Those girl's faces say everything.

      Delete
  15. aussieguy6:54 PM

    You have cats; I have dogs, but regardless, I know how worried you and Carlos are over Consuelo. My thoughts are with her, and the two of you, for good news.
    If only Crudz would make a run for the border, cross it, and NEVER come back, taking DeSanitary, along with the bulk of the GOP, with him.
    And Lucas? Only on any day ending in -day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used to have seven cats and a dog when we lived in Miami, but right now it's just Tuxedo and Consuelo, the cats, and Ozzo the dog. And Consuelo apparently just had a flu cold fever thing.

      Delete
  16. Charles Payne is a fucking disgrace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing that he has a job on a "business" channel.

      Delete
  17. I hope there is nothing seriously wrong with Consuelo and that she is well again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's already feeling better and eating and doing all her normal stuff. The vet called it kind of a flu or cold. And then he said she had to go on a diet ... and that killed her. I kid.

      Delete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......