Thursday, September 08, 2022

Bobservations

Carlos has the uncanny [read: annoying] ability to sleep through anything and to fall asleep instantly. He literally slept through Hurricane Katrina while it took a tree down in the yard and ripped up all the fencing around our house and sent debris flying everywhere; yes, he slept.

And when we go to bed, his head grazes the pillow and he’s snoring. One morning last week, at about 6:25AM, he gets out of bed and goes into the bathroom. His alarm normally goes off at 6:30, so I thought he just woke up and got going. No; he comes out of the bathroom and gets back into bed, falls asleep, for two more minutes until the alarm.

Then this morning. I wake up and look at my phone and it’s 6:30. I assume he’s forgotten the alarm, though it’s not a  big deal, and I say:

“Time to get up.”

He rolls over, looks at his clock, and says:

“I have one more minute.”

And goes back to sleep. I mean, does that minute help? Is that the minute he needs to awake fully rested? I can’t with  this … I can’t ….

And to be fair, you couldn’t get a more honest, straightforward, law-abiding person than Barack Obama.

PS The Obamas were back in the White House yesterday finally unveiling their official portraits, and both spoke, lovingly and eloquently of one another and this country.

LoveLoveLove them

Over the weekend, at Brigham Young University a group of “angels” stood quietly while protesters yelled “pedophile” and “groomer” and pushed signs quoting the Book of Mormon toward their faces.

While one man spat on them, and others shrieked to “stop protecting the homos” the dozen people holding hands, dressed in white, didn’t flinch as they created a shield between the 100 people protesting and the LGBTQ+ students, alumni and friends from BYU who gathered off campus to show support for each other.

And yes, this happened in 2022.

A few weeks ago, we brought you the idea of beer brewed with Hot Dog water as the new It Drink, and if that wasn’t enough for you, Oscar Meyer has introduced a pupsicle, er, popsicle called the Cold Dog, which has all the flavor of a barbeque-grilled hot dog in one creamy stick.

Oscar Mayer partnered with PopBar, pairing a creamy gelato with the smokey, umami notes of an Oscar Mayer wiener and topped off the pop with a drizzle of mustard-colored white chocolate.

I think I threw up a little in my mouth, and don’t get me started on sucking a wiener. This ain’t that.

Texas Governor Greg Abbott announced that, even though the state’s abortion ban makes no exception for rape or incest, victims of these crimes can take emergency contraception and call the police.

Uh huh. Then why have a law that says they cannot have an abortion in the case of rape, Greg?

And then down in Florida we have learned that 51% of the state’s 10th graders failed the statewide English Language Arts [ELA] assessment … which students must pass to get a diploma.

Like you’re asshatted counterpart, you’re doing a bang-up job DeSantis, but, hey, at least you can rest assured that they all passed the Don’t Say Gay test cuz that’ll serve them well in life.

A couple in Indiana has the perfect deterrent for those pesky Mormon missionaries, and other religious folks, who like to come a’calling: a doormat that reads:

“Gayest Place In Town.” 

Jamie Foust and her wife Melissa bought the $10 doormat from Target last June because they thought it funny, but then their doorbell camera caught two clean-cut Latter-day Saint boys approaching their home, and one read the word “gayest” out loud and then said, “Nope,” and turned and left.

The same thing can be done if you open the door and ask if they wanna suck a cold wiener with mustard-colored white chocolate.

I’m kinda liking this look, which I have dubbed Space Alien Coming Through Ellis Island. I guess that’s an alien handbag in one hand and his entry number in the other??

Isaac Churchill. Model. With beautiful baby blue eyes and a mop of curly hair you just wanna gr—but this isn’t about that: Would You Hit It?

26 comments:

  1. aussieguy10:38 AM

    There’s hope for us Hoosiers after all! Barack — yes! Isaac — yes!! And now, excuse me, I must go back to sleep…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You people and your back to sleep!

      Delete
  2. There must be far more than 8 aliens living in America; one of them has his residence at Mar-a-Lago

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Might have been the 8th that day!!!

      Delete
  3. That tweet! I think Jabba and Leia are being maliciously maligned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leia [and Carrie] yes; Jabba? Not so much.

      Delete
  4. (Carlos) (Tuxedo)
    (Obamas)
    And that tweet of the week - much chortling!
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barack and Michelle back in The White House...How refreshing...The old band got back together again and we are here for it.

    Carlos and his alarms. I am always surprised at folks who hit their snooze buttons several times before they get up. I would not feel rested.

    Would I hit it. Girl, why you ask such a silly question. In a alternate universe of course. He is old enough to be my son. My question is does he love his mother. We will take it from there.

    The black look is great for a funeral when you are going for under the radar look. I like it. Anything tailored.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carlos doesn't hit snooze, but if her wakes up early, even a minute early, he will roll over and go back to sleep for that minute!!
      And as for the fashion, black is so slimming.

      Delete
  6. Will we ever truly understand Carlos (or SG)? The Cold Dog might be the most disgusting ready made dessert I’ve ever heard of.

    I’m not quite sure about Isaac Churchill. Let me give him a go and see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't believe they are at all entirely understandable. And really, that's okay!
      That hot dog thing. Nope.
      I'm a sucker for Isaac's hair.

      Delete
  7. Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! The Dumps and Melanie portrait!!!! NAILED IT!

    I cant say much about Carlos and that extra minute....Im the same...and the minute never matters...of course unless Im having morning sex....which a minute makes a big difference if your near climax.

    And I so need that door mat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never knew how much Jabba looks like Thing 45, though I hate doing this to Carrie Fisher; she's never been a Melanie.

      Delete
  8. I'm a lot like Carlos, I can usually fall asleep on a dime, or a quarter, or even a dollar bill. We used to eat uncooked hot dogs when I was a kid, so the pupsicle might not be too bad. Space Alien's a go. I hate to correct you, but that's not Trump, it's Steve Bannon and his MAGA meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beaks'n'feet; that's a hot dog. No thanks, in any form.

      Delete
  9. Yes I would hit Isaac Churchill in a game of rugby when the referee wasn't looking and he'd fall down like a sack of Idaho potatoes screaming for his mama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A different kind of hit, but a hit nonetheless.

      Delete
  10. Melanoma looks good in that portrait. Issac no. Love the new Covid-19 fashions. Gayest place. Yay! And those angels... wow. Scary. People are terrible, Murial. And that cold dog? That's for dogs, yes? It's a dog treat? Are people eating them? The Obama's outclass everyone! Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, the dogsicles are for people!!!!

      Delete
  11. I wonder if any woman Trump's been with said fuck it it's not worth a million dollars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he's only with women who are in it for the coins.

      Delete
  12. I liked Barak and Michelle Obama and wish they could have stayed in power.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they put to good use their allotted eight years.

      Delete
  13. Unless there is an early flight to Paris to catch, alarm clocks are evil, sleep is essential

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't used an alarm clock in years. I almost, ALMOST, always wake up when I'm meant to wake up.

      Delete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......