Wednesday, January 27, 2021

It's My Birthday!

The Earth has once again traveled around the Sun which means, gulp, that I am now another year older … and another year more fabulous I like to think. How old am I? Somewhere between forty, and death. That’s all you get. And so, because I don’t need much, nor do I want for much, I thought I’d share some of the things I like best about the Life of Bob as it stands today.

Our house; no, we didn’t get any snowfall this year, but this picture of the house in the trees with the snow is one of my favorites so it’s the one you get.


The kids …clockwise: The Great Tuxedo™-—I call him that because it drives Carlos crazy; Consuelo, giving me fierce innocence; Ozzo, with his ever-graying beard; and MaxGoldberg, of the Boca Raton Goldbergs.


And here we have “buddies”—or as Carlos calls them, “homosexuals”—Max and Tuxedo during a morning nap.


Two of my favorite things in the house are the Twisted Kitty sculpture I bought eons ago in San Francisco; as soon as I saw it I bought it, and the owner of the store knew the guy who made it, so he called him, and the sculptor came down to thank e. He said he’d been trying to sell it for a year, and no one bought, so he told the shop owner, “One day someone will come in who sees it and grabs it right away.” And that person was me. The clock next to Kitty is my parent’s Anniversary Clock that they received on their Wedding Day; after my Mom passed, Dad sent it to me, so it sits on the mantel, too.


Books. Do we have books. This is the bookshelf in the office, overflowing with books. My next purchase is new, stronger, larger bookshelves. And because it’s not eb=ugh, we have books throughout the house, on the Chinese cabinet in the living room …


… under glass of the coffee table ….


On dressers and nightstands. And here’s the latest addition, that Carlos gave me this morning. I cannot wait to read it because y’all know I loves me some Pete.


Lastly … the homemade Birthday Cake from the Kitchen of Carlos. As I’ve said before, he’s a MasterBaker and would MasterBake all day long if he could. I tried to snap a picture of him this morning, because he’s my all-time favorite thing, but he’s sly about ducking the camera, and shy about being a blog-lebrity.


And there you have it, happiness and birthdays. If y’all forgot to get me something, check back later today for a gift suggestion.

Just sayin’.

24 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! That cake looks freaking delicious as hell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! What a nice way to celebrate your birthday-- reflecting on the favorite things in your life. I think, being one of those people with more books than bookshelves, it's always nice to see other people's overflowing bookshelves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOB! hope our birthday card arrived in time! so many things/humans/furkids to appreciate and enjoy. and that cake; carlos is a love! HAVE A GREAT DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:29 AM

    Happy Birthday hope you have a great day. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bon anniversaire - a book is always a good present in my eyes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Handsome Bob!!!! And from what I seen you still look great for 95! Have a good one!!!!!!!!!

    And aren't you glad the the dump is gone, otherwise you'd be singing It's my Party and I'll cry if I want too."

    ALWAYS love a nice house tour and any choice to see fur! That pretty of the gays boys is one of your best captures. Now I want to know if your guys read much?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very happiest of birthdays.
    Enjoyed seeing the fur kids.
    And the Carlos cake!
    take care, xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday, Bob! Enjoy that cake!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday, Buddy! I'm baking Scottish Shortbread Cookies later today. I'll think about you while I am. Hope your days is filled with love and humor. I'm sure it will be.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday! It's great seeing some glimpses of your real life. I got over saving so many books when I realized I was never going to read them again, but they DO serve as a good reminder of what we've ALREADY read.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very happy birthday to you! Ah, the books are great. Our place overflows with them as well. We've again run out of space and time to do some weeding out. Though, there are some titles I will never be able to part with. Enjoy your cake, enjoy Carlos and the kids, enjoy your day!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday to you! I hope it's a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday, and from the tone of this post, I'd say you're getting sassier with age. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday old man!!

    Many more to come.

    Now, that cake. I am sure it was in progress when the picture was taken.

    I love books as well. I mainly read gay authors and mysteries. I also love me a biography here and there.

    I see all the kids are out to wish you a happy birthday.

    Our "things" give us so much comfort.

    The house looks great through the trees and with snow. The color just pops.

    Have fun on your day!

    Victor

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday Bob - anyone with that many books can't be all bad can they!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy birdle turtle ooodle noodle, toodle... enjoy your day, Bob We ARE getting more fabulous EVERY year. Which is what I tell myself EVERY morning as I stretch back the skin on my face wondering if plastic surgery just might be worth it! Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cumpleaños feliz... yada yada yada. Happy HAPPY birthday, dear Sponge Bob! Thanks for the family and home photos! Thanks for the cake Carlos is having rush-shipped to our house. Sincerely wish you the happiest of days and a year worth celebrating! (And, yeah, we would have snapped up that Twisted Kitty in a heartbeat...) And oh the faces on those four sweethearts!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday! But I bet you could use a little more chocolate frosting...I know I would.Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday dear Bob!

    Have a slice of that cake for me .

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Birthday. How wonderful. Carlos is a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  21. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    So much joy.

    And now I want some of that cake!

    XOXO

    p.s. the twisted kitty sculpture is sooo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Despite my bringing up the rear, I too send my most heartfelt b/day wishes to you, knowing that your presence is felt and appreciated not just by us on your blogs but by your own ENTIRE household, irrespective of number of legs they own [and I'm so in love with each of them]. If you've any of this birthday's 'events' yet to come, may they delight you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! And you make us happy when we read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sorry, Bob. Late to the party. The one day I didn't get to your post. Happy Belated Birthday!! Always love seeing things around your house. Liking that kitty sculpture. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......