Thursday, April 09, 2020

Bobservations

Carlos and I decided to make masks for when we venture outdoors into closed settings, like a supermarket. He found a pattern and plan on the CNN website and set about doing it. I followed him into the kitchen and called him ‘Betsy Ross.’
“Who?”
You don’t know Betsy Ross?”
“The lady that sewed the flag.”
“Yes!”
“See, I know my pop culture.”
“That’s not pop culture, that’s history.”
Seriously, he thinks Madonna and Betsy Ross are the same thing.
After defying COVID-19 orders to close their stores, because a craft store is an essential business, and since the CEO’s wife had spoken to God and God told them to stay open, Hobby Lobby will finally shutter itself. But, their employees will not be paid during the closure, you know because God wants Hobby Lobby owner, David Green and his wife to keep their coins.

According to three employees, each speaking on the condition of anonymity for fear of retribution, managers delivered the news that they would be “furloughed” through at least May 1. One employee said it best:
“My question was, did God tell them they needed to close the stores and not pay us?”
Only the God of profits and wealth, that the Greens listen to.
Rudy Giuliani, who was in the center of the impeachment storm earlier this year as an unpaid private attorney for IMPOTUS is now apparently a doctor? See, Rudy has been touting the use of hydroxychloroquine, an anti-malarial drug cocktail, that has shown some early promise in treating covid-19, but whose effectiveness has not yet been proved.

Here’s my suggestion: give COVID-19 to Rudy and then feed him that drug, and if it turns him from that Nosferatu-ghoul looking motherfucker into something that resembles a human, then maybe give it to the rest of the world.

Oh, but first, make _____ and his cronies divest their shares in the company that makes hydroxychloroquine. Uh huh, yes, they do.
It’s funny, kinda dumb and, for a few people, terrifying … in an effort to alert residents to a parish-wide curfew in Acadia Parish, Crowley, Louisiana police officers rode around town broadcasting an alarm signal at 9:00 PM … using the alarm from the Purge films.

If you don’t know, The Purge is as series of films where, one day a year, all crimes are legal, including murder.

So, yeah, maybe not the best alarm to sound?
Last week we learned that the _____ Administration was alerted to an impending pandemic as early as January, but guess what? That wasn’t the first time.

In briefings last November to the Defense Intelligence Agency, the Pentagon’s Joint Staff and the White House, US intelligence officials warned that COVID-19 “could be a cataclysmic event.”

It appeared in the President’s Daily Brief in early January. He stayed silent until March.

Don’t forget.
Ellen DeGeneres is another multi-millionaire celebrity who wants y’all to know how hard it is staying home …in her $30 million Beverly Hills mansion or her $27 million Montecito estate or her $29 million beach house or … Doing her show from her mansion, Ellen said:’
“This is like being in jail, is what it is…mostly because I’ve been wearing the same clothes for ten days and everyone in here is gay.”
One fan responded:
“Petition to stick her in an actual jail after quarantine is lifted. Just for a month or so, so maybe she can learn something.”
Um, Ellen, love you, most of the time, but this was so out-of-touch and self-entitled. You have homes … giant homes … and all the money you need for food and medicine and anything you want, so to compare it to jail?

Sad.
_____ told his lapdog, and FOX News moronavirous, Sean Hannity that the ventilator situation is in “great shape” … because he heard it was such on Hannity’s show.

Yes. He doesn’t get his facts from staff, or medical personnel, but from a news hack.

Help us all.
And also this week, _____ accused people who vote by mail of “cheating,” even though he votes by mail. Listen to the dumbass trying to explain it:
_____: "I think mail-in voting is horrible, it's corrupt."
Reporter: "You voted by mail in Florida's election last month, didn't you?"
_____: "Sure. I can vote by mail"
Reporter: "How do you reconcile with that?"
_____: "Because I'm allowed to."
Dumb as fuck.
Ryan Barrett. He’s a Brit … love the accent… and a top runway model Ryan who has walked for Dolce and Gabbana, Versace, Vivienne Westwood and Thierry Mugler amongst others. 


But any man who looks that dreamy with his eyes closed … yum.


Ryan is also a potter and with that facial hair, he’s a Hairy Potter. 

Yeah, I went there. I’m locked up with Carlos, three cats and a dog. I need to amuse myself.

17 comments:

  1. (Carlos)
    WA state votes by mail
    and gave him no votes
    last time so...
    stay safe, take care
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Madonna and Betsy Ross are the same PERSON!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all I’m not over the Wisconsin fuckery. Going out to vote? In a pandemic? Can the repugs be more transparent in what concerns voter suppression? Gah.
    Now, I know it’s gonna sound weird, but I’m with Carlos here Lmaoooo. Love him. He KNEW what you were talking about!
    And the incompetence, greed and plain disrespect for human lives that the repugs and the Talibangelicals show day in day out is truly staggering. Really. Of course Cheeto knew. Of course Rudy is peddling snake oil. Of course hobby lobby will fire people after they tried to make them work during a pandemic. But people forget these things. I don’t.
    And could I have Mr. Barrett come and work on my kilm?

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  4. presumably Ellen doesn't have a washing machine? Not changing your clothes for days on end? Gross.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First covidiot and now moronavirus. I love you so much, Bobulah!
    With all due respect to Debra, Madonna goes farther back than her Betsy Ross persona. Madonna and Eve are the same person! I think she needs her head cut off to die, if memory serves.
    I can think of worse things than being cooped up with Carlos and your menagerie, Bob. Try it with a surly bitch. I think that's what Balder Half called me. Maybe it was burly witch. Just kidding, it was just bitch :) and I think I said it.
    That English guy, whose name escapes me now because, NNNGGGHHHH, is a perfect male specimen. Yum is right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's that last one that gets my attention. Yep. And, may I add... Watch how fast those PPEs, Vents, and test kits get out now that this pandemic has reached into the rural areas where his base voters live.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @TDM
    I think voting by mail should be the way we all vote, then more people would vote and less Republicans would win.

    @Debra
    Could be, Madge is pretty old!

    @SIX
    The Wisconsin fuckery is why we need a Blue White House and Senate and Congress, to take back SCOTUS from the wingnuts.
    I'm thinking of playing Demi Moore to Ryan's Patrick Swayze ...in my dreams.

    @Helen
    She was trying to be funny, but totally missed the mark. Mansions do not equal jail.

    @DeedleEEdleDoo
    Our lockdown is okay; we do take breaks from one another, though not from the pets. And i can be a surly bitch AND a burly witch at the same time.
    And Ryan Barrett is muy dreamy.

    @whkattk
    The Tweet is why we need to rid this government of _____'s, McConnell's and their ilk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. In addition to gin Ryan Barret seems to have perked things up around here!!!

    Idea. Maybe we can inject covid 19 into the trump admin and the crazy religious seeing they don't seem to care for anyone or themselves and test cures. Or not test.

    I have lost respect for many celebrates in this crisis. They speck out their asses while boo wooing...from yachts and huge mansion poolside. People like these would never survive a an actual apocalypse.

    I also saw where the poor Kansan Gov Laura Kelly got overrun with what else...constative republican's…. to keep churches going with no people limit. I can't wait to see the death count now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll bet the primaries would have been postponed if it was the GOP primary. They don't give two shits about Democrats risking their lives to vote.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with what Jennifer said. I am astounded that the primary was aloud to happen. I so hope that all backfires on the GOP.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous1:35 PM

    Bob, it is common knowledge that most Republicans vote by mail. The masses-especially-Democrats-People of Color-queue up to vote. This is why the Republicans do everything in their power to make it near impossible to vote-closing of polling stations-mainly in Democratic areas-restrictions on requesting mail-in ballots, voter id, curtailing the participation of college students, gutting the Voter Rights Act of 1965... There should be no reason why a person has to wait in line for 2+ hours to vote. Wisconsin events are deplorable. We now know, well we have for a while, the Supreme Court is in on the fix. That is why many are saying to hell with it all and give me a damn absentee ballot. Even the Big Fat Orange One is realizing that we have caught on to their shenanigans and is now saying absentee ballots are rife with fraud. I have always said, if your candidate, position is solid why would you have to cheat. Just present your argument, view and let the people decide. All this cheating just says to me one can't stand on their own merits.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Please post pics of Carlos' completed mask. Would love to see them. I can't believe the hoopla over the Purge Siren. Maybe not the best idea, all things considered, but I thought it hilarious. If they did something like that around here, it would make me lock my doors, stay inside with my katana out for safety, but laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. GAYmen to the tweet!

    carlos is a real gem, bob; you got lucky with him.

    FUCK THE DUMP and anyone associated with him!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @MM
    He's really dreamy.
    I wouldn't lose sleep over some wingnut getting sick; sorry,not sorry.
    And seriously Ellen? I thought she was better than that. i was wrong.

    @Jennifer
    You are soooo right. And they probably would have allowed mail-in voting, too.

    @Michael
    I'm with you.

    @VRC
    This Wisconsin mess is why we need _____ out so he cannot stack SCOTUS with criminals.

    @Boots
    We each made one, and I will post photos!

    @AM
    As always I'm with you on every point!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I thought you knew, the Conservative members of the Supreme Court only care about Conservative life.

    Yeah, I heard that about Ellen. Out of touch is an understatement. I do believe she compared it to being in prison.

    I suspect after this crisis, God shut down Hobby Lobby... with a bang.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Madonna and Betsy Ross ARE the same thing, except Betsy Ross looks better. And Hairy Potter. You're so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I will NEVER shop at Hobby Lobby, first it was denying health insurance coverage to their workforce, now not paying them, isn't there a christian principle of helping your neighbors?

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......