Thursday, November 02, 2017

Random Musings

After the story broke that Kevin Spacey had tried to molest 14-year-old actor, Anthony Rapp, thirty years ago, it was announced that this next season of Spacey’s Netflix how, House of Cards, would be its last.

Now, though, production of the upcoming sixth and final season of the show has been suspended indefinitely:
“MRC and Netflix have decided to suspend production oh House of Cards season six, until further notice, to give us time to review the current situation and to address any concerns of our cast and crew.”
Good. I mean, if thirty year old assault charges against Harvey Weinstein force him out of a job, the same should be done to Kevin Spacey. It doesn’t matter how many victims ... one is too many ... no matter the gender or sexual orientation.

Oh, and let’s add director Brett Ratner, Dustin Hoffman and Jeremy Piven to the list of men who have sexually assaulted or harassed women.
Also speaking out about sexual harassment in Hollywood is actor Gilles Marini, who played Samantha’s neighbor Dante on Sex and the City for two seasons, who says that after his appearance on the show he “became a piece of meat for many executives in Hollywood.”

Without offering any specifics about the unwanted sexual advances, Marini says:
“I didn’t have to talk about it because I told them to their face that this is not going to fly, this is not who I am. … If this job entails me bending over, it’s not going to work for me.”
And he spoke about the difficulty for men to come forward because it’s emasculating:
I didn’t see many men use the hashtag #MeToo. And the reason is because it’s a stigma, it’s a shame, you lose your manhood. When a young man is affected by being raped, or sexually harassed, or touched … you will never hear [about it] — but those people exist.”
Marini finished up by saying that Harvey Weinstein should have gone to jail rather than a week-long stint in a sex rehab facility.
George Papadopoulos is a former member of the foreign policy advisory panel to _____'s 2016 presidential campaign and has plead guilty to lying to the FBI and now _____ and his cadre of liars and traitors are trying to downplay his role as that of a volunteer and a, wait for it, it’s rich, “coffee boy.”

Yes, the coffee boy who arranged meetings with Russia and had contact with The Keebler Elf, Jeff Sessions, and who allegedly wore a wire to work ....

This is getting juicy.
D’ya ever notice how it’s always rather diminutive men who climb down from those monstrous pickup trucks?

Just sayin’ ... overcompensating much?
Oops, is _____ already deciding not to run for reelection?

Senator Rand Paul says that even though _____ is out raising millions for a 2020 campaign, no one should assume he's running. And Paul isn’t the first to suggest that _____ will be a One-No-Hit-Wonder; _____ BFF, and fellow Fast Bastard, Chris Christie said:
"If he runs again I would support him, yes, but I'm not so sure what will happen."
And we all know _____ hates to be a loser, even though he’s The Biggest Loser, so the idea of him leaving office after one term is not so far-fetched.
Now, onto _____’s Little Bitch, Junior ... he went on a so-called “peasant hunt” with racist alt-right asshat, Steve King.

Now, clearly, it was meant to be a pheasant hunt, but Steve King is stupid and can’t spell.
I’m’a just put this out there, because you know who you are ... if you’re unloading your grocery cart on that moveable belt at the checkout stand and someone comes in line behind you, put that plastic bar at the  end of your stuff as a courtesy to people.

I don’t wanna cause a riot in a grocery store ... again.
The One Million Moms—which is more like 40,000 moms—is enraged over the Disney Channel’s groundbreaking introduction of a gay character into its series Andi Mack:
“What is wrong with having family-friendly content that is acceptable for all ages or even leaving a couple of networks solely for children’s entertainment? ... As one of only a few channels catering to children, it cannot possibly be that Disney Channel has a financial need for more adult viewers [but] by choosing to abandon family-friendly entertainment, Disney’s inexplicable choice to move toward more “adult” fare may ultimately prove to be a huge mistake.”

And Disney isn’t budging on this because Disney knows that gay people exist in every single family out there ...
Like this one ... Amber Cantorna, the daughter of an executive at Focus on the Family, a rabidly anti-LGBT Hate Group, has come out as gay in her memoir, Refocusing My Family: Coming Out, Being Cast Out, and Discovering the True Love of God, and stating:
“My Focus on the Family upbringing had taught me that the LGBTQ community were basically the archenemy of Christianity and were responsible for destroying the family unit ... My family and I were always close. We did everything together… So this pressure, feeling like I had to filter everything I did and said to ultimately make them comfortable, was exhausting. I got to the point where I felt like, no matter the cost, I had to be authentic with myself.”
After coming out in 2012 Cantorna was instantly rejected by her family, her church, and many of her old friends.

Focus on Family? Not so much. Welcome out, Amber, you’re better off with the family you make than with the family you were born into.
As we watched television one night, Carlos said this to a character on the show:
Lucy! You have to do some ‘splaining.
Yes, he’s Ricky Ricardo trying to mimic Ricky Ricardo, so I said:
The line is: Lucy! You have some ‘splaining to do.
He said:
That’s what I said.
In other Good gay News ... last week the City of Ferndale, Michigan, became one of the first government municipalities in the country to officially and permanently install the LGBT Pride flag in City Council chambers. The historic move, led by Mayor Dave Coulter and the City Council, was meant to send a strong message about Ferndale’s inclusiveness:
“Our motto in Ferndale is ‘Good Neighbors,’ and we interpret that to include the diversity of our residents and guests and the benefits of inclusive decision-making. My fellow Council members and I strive to act in ways reflective of Ferndale’s shared values.”  
Small-town America gets it, so why can’t the rest of the country?
Last weekend we went to an Arts and Crafts Fair here in Smallville where we saw some very interesting things and a lot of crap.

But this one booth had some cool signs for Christmas, mostly because not one of the signs was actually mentioning Christmas.

They said things like Have A Holly Jolly! And Tis The Season! And Merry Merry! I thought I might like one of two for Casa Bob y Carlos and then I found the perfect one ...


It hangs in our kitchen and suits us to a ‘T’.
Okay, so I’ve mentioned that I find Ben Daniels, left, of TV’s The Exorcist kinda sexy in a creepy devil kind of way, and because I’ve seen him, um, nekkid, and it’s real and it’s spectacular. But this week on the show he met up with Fish and Game Warden, played by actor Christopher Cousins, right, and there was some sexual chemistry. Both Carlos and I looked at each and said:
“Are they coming on to one another?”
We’ll have to wait and see I guess, but the heat between the two—and Daniels is openly gay while Cousins is probably not—is palpable.

Also burning things up is fitness model Eric Turner, a silver fox built like a ... well, he’s built.


Just sayin.
I found three Tweets that  I liked, on three different topics and couldn’t pick just one, so you get all three ...

10 comments:

  1. The just sayin.....made me day! And what is going on with all these sexual harassment suits????? It's probably even more rampant then we think.

    If Trump would run again......all the more better, if he doesn't end up impeached or shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHY can't _______ be added to the list of predators who loose their jobs, banned in the industry (politics) and go off to rehab?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @the dog's mother, Because even the worst predators have their standards! ____ is in a whole different category.

    Loved the plaque, Bob. A couple of years ago, my grandbabies gave me one shaped like a bone. It reads "The more people I meet, the more I love my dog". Those girls know their Nani.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:33 PM

    You’ve got to la be Carlos.
    JP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right on, Zachary Quinto! He's exactly right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your new sign would fit perfectly in my house too!

    I like Mario & George - spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All those millions the Idiot Jerk is raising for his non-reelection? Why they'll end up in his bank account, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um...Is it in bad taste--given the serious subject the post addresses--to express any kind of admiration for Giles Marini's handsome visage and bare shoulders? I'M NOT SAYING I PLAN TO! I was just wondering.

    Best I move on to Eric Turner. Sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nah, really, they meant PEASANT hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Kirk
    I seriously gave some thought to using that picture because of the topic but then I thought,. Why not admire his beauty. That isn't sexual harassment, it's just good taste.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......