Thursday, March 28, 2024

Bobservations

I’ve said before that Carlos uses Voice Over and Siri on his phone and both are set somewhat loudly so he can hear them. The other morning I joked that he and his “team” are too loud and he was confused.

“When I’m back in the office, and you’re practicing your trumpet in the sunroom, I hear Siri count down your timer, and I also hear you ask her to tell you a joke.”

“You do not.”

“And then, when I’m in bed and you come into the room, you turn off Voice Over and it yells:

“VOICE OVER OFF.”

“And you ask Siri to set a 7AM alarm and she says: YOUR 7AM ALARM IS SET.”

“I’ve been trying to do that before I come back to bed.”

“And I can still hear you. Maybe you should go up the driveway to the street and give your commands.”

“Maybe I will.”

“But then you’ll wake the entire neighborhood.”

That stunned him  into silence.

This Tuxedo Memory is from July 2015

“A Bit of Tuxedo

He doesn't like Daddy on the computer and he hates when Daddy takes his picture.

And these are either from the fireworks ... he hates the booms ... or, again:

"For the love of God, Daddy, put down the camera, I'm just a cat!"

Oh Tucky, you are more than just a cat.”

And he was the Best Cat Ever.

Inmate # P01135809’s new joint fundraising agreement with the Republican National Committee [RNC] directs donations to his campaign and to a PAC that pays the criminal’s legal bills before the RNC gets a cut.

The illegal-sounding diversion of funds to the Save America PAC makes it more likely that GOP donors could see their money go to lawyers for the criminal, who have already received some $76 million over the last two years to defend him against four felony indictments and multiple civil cases. And some Republicans are worried that the criminal’s takeover of the RNC could shortchange the cash-strapped party, making it harder for them to run for office.

Good. These asshats thought they were hooking their wagons to the savior of the party but they’re now chained to the man who will bankrupt the RNC like he does most of his businesses.

Little known fact: in the years before the crowbar was invented, crows had to drink at home. You’re welcome. 

Amazon founder Jeff Bezos’ ex-wife MacKenzie Scott is once again opening her wallet to donate some of her billions to worthy causes, which has the rightwingnuts crying foul.

Scott announced that she will donate $122 million to 67 migrant-advocacy organizations for legal aid and other assistance; she will also give $117 million to 67 prisoner-advocacy groups and other organizations helping prisoners and ex-convicts, and will donate $72 million to 43 groups that promote “gender identity,” “sexual orientation” and other LGBTQ causes.

In a world full of Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk be like MacKenzie Scott because that’s how you billionaire.

During an appearance on “Hot Ones” former actor and current annoyance to the world Gwyneth Paltrow was asked about a long-standing rumor that former President Bill Clinton slept through a White House screening of her 1996 film, “Emma.”

“True. He was snoring right in front of me. I was like, ‘Wow, I guess this is going to be a real hit movie.’ But it was, so f–k you, Bill Clinton!”

If Goop is gonna cuss out everyone who falls asleep during any of her films, she’ll be touring the world and dropping f-bombs for all eternity and won’t have any time to make her vagina scented candles.

Moving through the probate process is a tedious experience; it’s a lot of hurry up and wait. The attorney who drafted my father’s will is the one I hired to manage the process and I would occasionally get stressed out, wondering if I was doing the right thing at the right time. But I was assured that it’s just a slow process but will be over before I know it and then this happened …

While at work on Monday I got a phone call from the lawyer’s legal assistant and she told me she had bad news.

Stress level up! The attorney I hired … died.

Seriously. He contracted pneumonia and was hospitalized at which time they discovered he also had leukemia, and he passed very quickly.

Stress level way up! But, his assistant talked me down, I offered her and his wife my condolences, and was directed toward a new attorney to take on the probate. Hopefully, there won’t be much longer time to complete the process.

Fingers crossed.

Nathan Slaten is a model and actor and dancer, and perhaps horny gay man, but Would You Hit It?

33 comments:

  1. Maybe Paltrow should keep the kind of schedule and level of anxiety a President has and see if ***she*** could stay awake through one of her films.
    I wish Scott would send a few-hundred million to the DNC, so they could make sure we not only get rid of Thing 45, but all his congressional acolytes.
    Keep your chin up. Probate can seem to take like...forever. But it will wrap up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paltrow really thinks she's soooo interesting. She's not.
      Yeah, probate is a process and just takes time. Patience is my new mantra!

      Delete
  2. Come election time, the RNC's going to be broke and he'll claim the Democrats stole all of the money. Paltrow was on something called "Hot Ones?" I wonder how much she paid them. The lawyer died? Did he send you his bill yet? And I'm gonna skip Nate, too thin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were set to pay the lawyer at the end of the process though we paid some court costs up front and the remainder of that money will go to the new attorney.

      Delete
  3. Bob...that joke!!!!! Your hanging around Me too much now.

    The Tuxedo pictures had me in stiches with his head in the corner!!LMAO!!!!!

    Nathan Slaten! What not to like about a horny gay man? And a dancer? Ibet he's fun in bed. Yes I'd hot it and then we'd flip. Any relation?????

    I hope Mackensie starts donating to abortion groups and club is too....or better still....maybe she could pay the dump a huge sum of money to shut his trap and move out of the country...saving the US!!!! But what country would want them? I'm thinking maybe Pluto would be good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did like that joke!
      Tuxedo hiding his face always makes me smile.
      I think even Pluto would turn the Grifters away.

      Delete
  4. Nathan kink cum any time. Any. Time.
    And I hope the RNC is bled dry by Don Poorleone. They deserve it.
    Oh, and Siri (who is a male voice in my phone) is the sassiest MoFo I've ever known. Or maybe I just trained him to be like that.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nathan is a hot nugget.
      Siri is female in my phone and is a British man in Carlos'! If I swear at my Siri she'll say, ":That's not very nice."
      Bitch.
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. The idea of the RNC becoming bankrupt by their criminal lord and savior is giving me such joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you lie down with dogs ....

      Delete
  6. Cleora Borealis11:25 AM

    Classic quote: "Don't change lawyers in mid-probate!" You didn't really have a choice, so keep breathing and carry on!! How did Tuxedo do it?! Even more photogenic when hiding from the camera! What a smoothie!! 😻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we'll just carry on ...
      Tuxedo was the Most Handsome Fella, and quite the actor!

      Delete
  7. Anonymous11:56 AM

    the dog's mother
    (Carlos) (Tuxedo always)
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I heard that Mackenzie Bezos (worth more than of 20 of her ex and Muskrat combined) was accused by the Muskrat of donating to the wrong charities, whereupon she threw even more of her divorce dosh out there to fan the flames. Good on her realising that money does not make you happy, it just makes life easier and nice if you have no money worries, if you can feed your kids and keep a roof over their heads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is how billionaires should be; she'll never be broke and she'll be doing good deeds.

      Delete
  9. Sorry to hear about your lawyer, but good that they directed you to a replacement. Probating and distributing an estate is a slow process even if it's a simple estate. A year is the basic rule of thumb and that's when everything goes well. Be patient!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been told five months because my Dad had everything laid out quite nicely.
      Patience is key.

      Delete
  10. aussieguy12:45 PM

    You've just gotta feel sorry for the poor, little Rethuglicans! Why hasn't anyone EVER warned them about the Orange Moron? Bwa-ha-ha! Let's hope Karma keeps working her magic all the way through to November (and beyond!). I'll pass on Nate...and smelly Gwyneth. God, she's annoying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The RNC gets what it deserves, as does Paltrow!

      Delete
  11. And yet another conversation with San Geraldo.

    So sorry about your lawyer. How awful.

    Nathan Slaten is not for me. But, currently, I don’t think anything is quite for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just irony ... when I told my brother what had happened, he said: "I picture dad in heaven and the lawyer comes walking in and Dad says, 'What are you doing here?'"

      Delete
  12. 10/10 on the Tales of Carlos this week. And I loved seeing Tuxedo this week. I needed it and appreciated it. Thank you. Take care and I am sorry to hear about the lawyer. Hope it gets all worked out so you can be less stressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mr. Shife.
      My stress level will go down!
      Tuxedo is good for what ails ya!

      Delete
  13. Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry the lawyer passed away so suddenly. What a shock for his family, staff, and clients. It's likely the other lawyer will be able to take over easily as, at least in my experience, they keep good records of what has been done. Good luck!
    Carlos is such a character and Tux was a special kitty.
    On the other hand, I have no sympathy for the RNC - when one lays down with a dirty dog, one gets up with fleas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe the switch to another attorney will be smooth, it was just the shock and irony and sadness of it all.
      Carlos and Tuxedo are/were the Best!

      Delete
  14. Oh, and you hired the lawyer in good faith. I believe it is customary to sue for small matters in your country. Can you sue his estate over your own stress levels and non performance of duty?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily, Andrew, I am not one of those Americans who sue because they were inconvenienced by someone's death!
      I'm sure there are people who'd sue in this instance, but I'd rather offer condolences.

      Delete
  15. Oh no, I hope the new attorney is satisfactory and things are soon done and dusted.
    So Scott is donating a total of $311 million? I can't even imagine giving away that much and still having much more left in her accounts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scott is how you billionaire; not feeding your ego or building rockets to prove your manhood.

      Delete
  16. How bloody inconsiderate of your lawyer to die before the agreed work was completed! This should not be allowed. Death should not happen until everything is done. Plus...Applause for MacKenzie Scott for doing something good with a portion of her enormous wealth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an ironic shock, sir, but this is what happens sometimes.

      Delete
  17. So sorry to read about the lawyer's passing. Hopefully the new lawyer will be quick to get everything resolved. I love Takei's "tweet".

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......