Thursday, March 07, 2024

Bobservations

I found a joke on Facebook and thought it funny and decided to share it with Carlos; it went like this:

“A priest, a minister and a rabbit walk into a bar, and the rabbit says. … ‘I think I’m a typo.’”

Carlos says: “A type O?”

I had to explain it to him. Cut to a few hours later and he comes to me with jokes of his own:

“Two atoms are walking down the street when they run into each other. The first says to the second, ‘Are you all right? You don't look so good.’

The second atom says: ‘I'm not feeling very well. I lost an electron!’

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'm positive!"

And he follows that up with:

“A chicken crossed the road and went into a bar.”

I ask if that’s the whole joke and he says:

“Nope, it’s a completely different joke.”

Feel my pain.

This Tuxedo Memory is from March 2015 and also involves both Consuelo and MaxGoldberg … and is entitled, “Well ... I Was Gonna Make The Bed!”

Gosh I miss those two cats, though Consuelo is still a pretty little love bug.

This week Mississippi GOP Senator Cindy Hyde-Smith blocked a Senate bill to protect IVF treatment on a federal level saying it was an issue that should be left up to the states. But she had another reason: she said … on the floor of the Senate … that the bill “would legalize the creation of human-animal chimeras.”

You cannot make this shiz up.

A Thing 45 supporter, seated next to an older woman on an airplane, turned to her and said, “Do you want to talk? Flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger.”

The old woman, who had just started to read her book, asked: “What would you want to talk about?”

“Oh, I don’t know. How about how they stole the election in 2020 and _____ should be president.”

The woman replied: “Those could be interesting topics but let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same stuff—grass—yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, but a horse produces clumps. Why do you suppose that is?”

The man was surprised by the old woman’s question, and said, “I have no idea.”

And the woman replied, “Do you really feel qualified to discuss politics, when you don’t know shit?”

Snap!

Texas Tech defensive back Tyler Owens is considered one of the fastest prospects in the 2024 NFL draft class. I guess it’s good that he has those talents because Owens also said he doesn’t “believe in space” or “other planets” and subscribes to flat-earth theories that he finds “interesting” and that have “valid points.”

Clearly he’s spent most of his life on the field and very little in class.

MAGAts spend a lot of time talking about their patriotism and it was on full display at the latest Thing 45 rally in Greensboro, North Carolina, when the woman asked to sing the National Anthem forgot the words; she was followed up by a man chosen to lead the Pledge of Allegiance and he, too, forgot the words.

Just sayin’.

I saw this on Facebook … and it’s brilliant. If you have not read Eric Swalwell's questions to Hunter Biden during his hearing, here’s a snippet:

SWALWELL: Any time your father was in government, prior to the Presidency or before, did he ever operate a hotel?

BIDEN: No, he has never operated a hotel.

SWALWELL: So he’s never operated a hotel where foreign nationals spent millions at that hotel while he was in office?

BIDEN: No, he has not.

SWALWELL: Did your father ever employ in the Oval Office any direct family member to also work in the Oval Office?

BIDEN: My father has never employed any direct family members, to my knowledge.

SWALWELL: While your father was President, did anyone in the family receive 41 trademarks from China?

BIDEN: No.

SWALWELL: As President and the leader of the party, has your father ever tried to install as the chairperson of the party a daughter-in-law or anyone else in the family?

BIDEN: No. And I don’t think that anyone in my family would be crazy enough to want to be the chairperson of the DNC.

SWALWELL: Has your father ever in his time as an adult been fined $355 million by any State that he worked in?

BIDEN: No, he has not, thank God.

SWALWELL: Anyone in your family ever strike a multibillion-dollar deal with the Saudi Government while your father was in office? 

BIDEN: No.

SWALWELL: That’s all I’ve got.

And that’s all you need.

Domenique Melchior was a winner on Australia’s Next top Model, but that’s neither here nor there: Would You Hit It?

41 comments:

  1. "don't know shit" was hilarious! Tyler Owens obviously got his bell rung too many times on the field. Swawell's a genius and I laughed at Carlos' joke. Welcome back, buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on now...the atom joke was...a musing. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my the joke were a good laugh!!!! Especially the shit one!!!!

    And is that lady Cindy Hyde Smith for real????

    And yes...Mister Bubba Bubba could hit me and I him for hours and hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy is your typical GOP loon.

      Delete
  4. The thing about leaving it to the states, is that losers like Hyde-Smith grow furious when states pass laws they don't like. Owens is denser than a black hole. Swalwell is a comedic genius. And Dom's a little too lean I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leave it to the states means leave it to the states to do as the GOP wants, and when that doesn't happen they pitch a hissy!

      Delete
  5. Mr Owens is a good exemplar of the dangers of playing American footballl, just like rugby. Brain damage is not good for you. Owen's case will be proved when he falls off the edge of his flat earth. I have one question for him; surely the water in the oceans must flow over the edges of the world if it is flat? Given that that is the case, why are the oceans still full of water?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to take Carlos into my arms and squish him to pieces! I so needed the funny this morning. Thanks for bringing it, Bobulah. Let me know if you're tired of me calling you that. I may even listen.
    Tyler Owens, I saw this coming when my 7-year-old son tried to explain to his teacher that the sun is a star. She disagreed. That was forty years ago. Between the decline of the American education system and online thingies ...I'll leave it there.
    Mr. Melchoir looks a bit too wonky faced serial killer to me. So. no. I think Maddie is sending out a cry for help! Now Swalwell, YUMMY!
    I'd hit Melania too. With an iron skillet. Right in the kisser.
    Thanks for the fur kid memory. I love those guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may call me what you choose!
      i like me some Melchior.
      I'd hit Melanie with a frying pan, too.
      And I love those kids, still.

      Delete
    2. "What you choose" is too much of a mouthful for me. I'll stick with Bobulah.

      Delete
    3. 😂😂😂

      Delete
  7. Anonymous11:10 AM

    the dog's mother
    (Carlos) (all kitties)
    thanks for all the chortles!
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, so first things first: could I be in the middle of a Swalwell/Melchior sandwich? I've been a good boy all year...
    As for the MAGAts, they're all idiots, willfully ignorant of the world around them and only fixed on putting Mango Mussolini back in power so THEY feel powerful.
    Carlos! LMAOO

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice sammich, I think!
      Carlos does get a giggle, I guess.
      xoxo

      Delete
  9. Cleora Borealis11:38 AM

    🤣🤪 I could spend all day commenting on this stellar group, but here are the highlights:
    1. Sen. Hyde-Smith (from MS, not MO) couldn't pronounce chimera...she said it like shimura instead of kai-mere-ah. So, she's kind of an MTG!
    2. Speaking of IVF, tonight's Rep. response to SOTU is being done by Sen. Katie Britt (who?!), jr. senator from AL (where IVF went to die). Can you imagine being junior to Tommy Tuberville?!
    3. Tyler "Flat-Earth" Owens has "nothing to fear but sphere itself!" 🌎
    4. If Carlos responded to your jokes with his own sarcasm, he wouldn't be nearly as cute as he is when he's clueless! ☺️
    4. I find it hard to believe that's Tuxedo in that photo. A camera is in the room and he isn't taking up the full frame with his gorgeousness?! Well, he makes up for it in other photos. 😍😎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carlos IS adorable.
      Cindy Hyde Smith, and thanks for the correction, is an idiot.
      I think Tuxedo was feeling shy or tired and stubborn or all of those things!

      Delete
  10. krayolakris12:04 PM

    Those scientists trying to recreate a wooly mammoth can stop right now. Missouri already has one and it’s a female. I think there are more in Texass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly Red states are full of these creatures!

      Delete
  11. Oy, Carlos! San Geraldo wouldn’t even attempt to tell a joke. And I wouldn’t even have tried to tell him that first joke. Hopeless! Dominique doesn’t do it for me. Oh, and SNAP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good snap, no?

      Delete
    2. I told the joke to SG. He immediately got it and laughed out loud! Will wonders never cease?

      Delete
    3. If it was December I'd say this was a Christmas Miracle!

      Delete
  12. You can be positive, I was looking forward to Carlos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. aussieguy5:35 PM

    Gotta love that "horse shit" story - I'm sure I will use it very soon! Too many other good ones here, Bob. Next time I'm in Oz I'll have to look up someone...and Carlos for the win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used the horse shit joke on my Republican boss today!
      Abd Carlos is a winner!

      Delete
  14. Love this one, Bob. Particularly fond of question with the answer you don't know shit. Let's hope that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, Eric Swalwell's questions to Hunter Biden during his hearing! Hahahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taking no prisoners, and giving no f**ks!

      Delete
  16. I was going to say shame on them for forgetting the words, but I don't know all the words to our Australian anthem, so I should keep my mouth shut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I imagine if you were asked or hired to sing the anthem in public you'd learn it!

      Delete
  17. 1. Critter Shit joke - Chef's kiss! Gonna remember that one for the next GOPer encounter
    2. Thinking it might be time to investigate Texas Tech for possibly being a diploma factory
    3. Swallwell runs circles around the Repub clowns who are constantly tripping over their own dicks
    4. Would I hit it - hmmmm, maaaaaaaaybe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Share the joke! Watch their heads explode!~

      Delete
  18. I think I'm in love with Eric Swalwell. The MAGATs are big on bragging about how patriotic they are but then immediately demonstrating they know very little about our country. And then there's Cindy, showing off her own load of stupidity. You go, girl.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As dumb as Cindy's comment is in print, it's a bajillions times better in audio just to hear her mispronounce chimera. Chim-chimmeree, chim-chimmeree, chim-chim chimera. F@cking priceless!

      Delete
    2. Poor Cindy ... her stupid is a lifetime affliction.

      And Swalwell wins every time.
      xoxo

      Delete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......