Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Architecture Wednesday: Andie MacDowell’s Storybook LA Home

In the heart of Silver Lake dream in this spectacular classic 1920s Tudor Storybook home with original character and new designer finishes; natural light streams through the home's abundance of windows showcasing the sophistication and timeless elegance of the design.

Newly updated with luxurious quality finishes and incredible attention to detail the home features five bedrooms and four baths, a formal living room and dining room, and a grand second-story family room. The kitchen with marble countertops and custom island is a chef's dream featuring a stunning La Cornue range as well as Miele appliances hidden elegantly behind custom panels.

The living room features a fireplace as well as an impressive Palladian fanlight window and a grand curved staircase that leads you upstairs to the upper-level family room with panoramic Silver Lake Reservoir views;  beside that room is a bedroom with 15-foot pitched ceilings while the primary suite overlooks the backyard and pool and includes a sitting area, custom walk-in closet, and ensuite bathroom with large shower and separate soaking tub.

The front and backyards are thoughtfully landscaped using drought-tolerant California natives throughout and a plunge pool designed, along with plenty of indoor & outdoor spaces to entertain and relax. A separate 2-car garage with loft with a 720 square foot flex space.

It’s a beautiful home with gorgeous floors, great spaces to entertain, and wonderful views and can be yours for just $4M.

24 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:58 AM

    the dog's mother
    Nice! Smart in their planting
    for the outside.
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm...is Andie moving back to Spartanburg, one wonders?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If she's from Spartanburg, maybe she'd take our house in Camden as a trade???

      Delete
  3. Too much white to keep clean. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It needs some color on the walls, that's for sure.

      Delete
  4. Cleora Borealis10:56 AM

    Ooh! Very tasteful; lots of possibilities. But, Andie, girl...no color?! I always thought you were better than that! Guess I'll have to bring my own when I move in! 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the white may be for the sale, and then the new owners could toss around some paint. I would.

      Delete
  5. So many possibilities. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the space but it needs some color in those rooms!

      Delete
  6. Silver Lake is such an amazing place! It's gone from middle class owner occupied residential and inexpensive rentals in the late 60's to high end homes, expensive rentals, and STRs. I do love this house, it's very LA. One interesting fact about this architectural style is that folks are finding Spanish/California style homes in the flats for half the money. Sadly, it means that middle class families and low income renters are being forced further out of the city. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love a Spanish home, in the flats, to save a few coins!
      xoxo

      Delete
  7. Sold!!!!!!! Throw in some dark rich color and Im there!!!!! I love the woodwork and the layout is very interesting...and don't touch the bathrooms.....love them. I like the design of the staircase too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you; give it some moody coloring and I'm sold!

      Delete
  8. A little too much white for my taste, but I really like the rest of it. Love the kitchen (which is always the first thing I look at) and the rest of it seems airy and comfortable. Color can always be added!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From my experience when realtors sell houses, they want the interiors white so buyers don't focus on the color of the interiors; keep it neutral, I guess.

      Delete
  9. I love!
    I do have a history of ambivalence with Tudor style houses, but this one is very, very pretty. I don't mind the neutrals inside. I'd throw some artwork in the walls for some color and that'd be it. And that little flex space? Sold. Especially for the drought-tolerant gardens. Very Green.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're on the same page here. Let's pool our resources!
      xoxo

      Delete
  10. It's very pretty--just needs some color. I don't think a plunge pool would work for me because I want to swim in my pool at my $4 million house. Maybe I need a $6 million house instead.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An upgrade for a larger pool might be in order, yes!
      xoxo

      Delete
  11. I will pass. Two things killed it for me. When they removed the closets by the front door, they patched the floors, leaving the inlay in front of the door look out of place. I understand preserving original, but not at the cost of looking right. Then the kitchen, open shelves are dust and grease collectors, there is a lack of storage in a $200,000 kitchen, and marble stains so easily. I will have to keep looking, and keep looking for the other 3-4-million.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't notice that bad patch; for a million+ dollar home, they could have reworked the floor.

      Delete
  12. I am running a little behind. I lived in LA for a year with a friend. We were a stones throw away from Silver Lake. When I walked around the reservoir it was empty. The Silver Lake streets were confusing as hell and really curvy and narrow. But I LOVE the area. It felt like one was living in a bubble. Once you navigated out of the neighborhood, one was once again in the busyness of LA. When do I sign the contract? I have always loved a Tudor. A few things--I would add a little color. The kitchen open shelving has got to go. You would think at this price point one could do better in design. I know marble may be the it thing but is it functional in a busy kitchen and or with someone who cooks. Love the layout and light. A few tweaks and I am onboard. Bob, you and Carlos are always welcomed. I am a good host and you will not go hungry or thirsty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't mind the open shelving, and I would splash some paint around, and remove the marble.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......