Thursday, December 31, 2020

Last Day of the Year Bobservations

Although 2020 certainly wasn't the year I was expecting, it was the year I got, and looking back on this last day of 2020, I can say it has been a tremendous year for reflection and growth and understanding. I have some Bobservations …

After lockdown, and being out of work for a few months, I learned just how I much I love and adore, and sometimes, quite honestly, loathe Carlos. We have spent more time together in the last nine months, just the two of us, than probably in all our twenty years, and I still want for nothing, and no one, else. He makes me laugh and smile and love and get angry, and there isn’t a place I’d rather be.

And, sure, Tuxedo is my boy because we bonded, just the two of us, in the first couple of weeks after we rescued him, so he’s got a very special place in my heart. But I do so love MaxGoldberg on my lap, Ozzo at my feet, Consuelo chasing me through the house at feeding time, Tuxedo staring at me while I sleep. It’s love, it’s real, and it’s unconditional.

After four years of a fake Christian in the White House, and the ones who crawled out of the slime to do his bidding, I have come to realize that Good Christians don’t tell you they’re good, they just are good. Anyone who feels the need to announce their deep faith is actually pretty shallow.

I love this blog, and all of your blogs, too, because we all have this chance to speak up. Speak all the way up. After four years of domestic terrorism, when someone says something crazy, or outright lies … COVID is just like the flu … read them for filth. Don’t let the lies stand or the liars win. If someone says, or worse does, something racist, call it out. Make sure they know you know.

In 2020, I saw a gay man run for president and win a primary, and I saw him kiss his husband on the campaign trail. Even better, I voted for a gay man for president, and hope to do it again.

SIDENOTE: this also gives me another reason to post Hot Pete Pic.

And this time we did it; we got up, got out, and voted. More of us than at any other time in history. And in doing so, we have rid this country of him. Sure, he fussed, fought, lied, sued, whined, and bitched, but we are a few weeks away from getting sanity in charge again. I know Joe Biden wasn’t everyone’s choice, he is the choice we made, and we will, stand behind him as America goes back to being a leader, to rejoining the Paris Accord, to being about all of us, and not just the 1%. And it doesn't hurt that we have our first ever female person of color as Vice President in Kamala Harris!

And while I have more opinions than hairs on my head—and to be clear, I have a ridiculously full head of hair—I listen to others; sometimes just listening can lead to understanding; sometimes the understanding is that the other person is a complete lunatic but listening confirms that. And while I may not have come for the lunacy, I have learned sometimes to forgive it; when it’s not hate-filled crazy. Forgiveness isn’t a sign of weakness and does not mean forgetting. I can forgive but I cannot forget, and I will come for you if the madness steps out again.

It has been a year but, while we may have bent a little under the stress of a pandemic, the horrors of a racist, incompetent leader, the stupidity of those who follow mad men, we did not break. Being out of work did not cost us much; we have a home, a car, our bills paid, our health, our pets, our family—those we come from and those we chose—and a circle of friends who are there for us, as we are for them. I’m ready for 2021, and hopefully the lessening of COVID, a leader who understands the pandemic and the country and our place in the world,  and how to work that. A president who has built a cabinet that represents us all, not just the rich, the white, the male.

And so, speaking of male … here are the Bobservations Hot Men of 2020


Matt Smith, Luke Evans, Sh’Rae Marshall, Mena Massoud

Taylor Phillips, Dan Zsolt, Alberto Garcia Cabrero, Eoin Macken


Andrea Casalino, Chino Darin, Joshua Lee Cummings, Emmanuel Macron

Denis Suraev, David Taylor, Ryan Barrett, Dustin Milligan


Gil Soares, Nicholas Pinnock, Mauro Lopes, Ben Miles

Henrique Hansmann, Charles Leclerc, Lakeith Stanfield, Karlwiz Gutierrez


Christian Cooke, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Tone Bell, Valter Passos Silva

Brian Loud, Eyal Berkover, Alexandros Kaltsidis, Michael Ferraro


Jay Gould, Jordan Calloway, Isaac Moreno, Will Higginson

Chris Folz, Justin Marcel McManus, Alexander Breck, Lovell Adams-Gray


Marc Buckner, Piotr Gruszewski, Tom Berklund, Gregg Avedon

Tom Zalac, Graysen Quinn, Giuseppe Giofrè, Gerardo Celasco

Eric Rutherford, Levi Bradley, Jules Horn


21 comments:

  1. Here Here!!!!! I couldn't agree more! I plan on tip toeing into 2021. I ended the year breaking a blood vessel when I heard today McConnell said the Senate would not be bullied by America. Huh....first off...you work for us...and second he may be signing his death warrant. But hopefully this will seal the fate of the GA Senate race. I think that tweet sums it .

    Breath.


    Happy New Year to you dearest. May peace and health be yours in the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't listen, you'll never learn and learning is how we become who we are. After all if you never learn you'd still be in nappies (diapers?)

    And Bob you are right; good people never go around saying how good they are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMB, that tweet!

    you have not killed carlos yet; that's a plus. and the furkids love everyone. xstains suck. speak up L-O-U-D against the darkness. encourage diversity. KEEP HOPE ALIVE!

    HNY to your house from mine; love youse guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Bob to you and Carlos and the fur kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful year-end post, Bob. Thank you for this one, and for all the other posts in 2020. Happy New Year to you, Carlos, and your beautiful fur family. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha God is always right on Twitter!
    And this has indeed been quite the year.
    I think it is super, super romantic what you have said about Carlos! OMG so sweet! OTP for sure!
    Love the pets. They're adorable (although I love Tuxedo and his opinionated whiskers!!).

    Happy 2021 to you and Carlos, Bob.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun to see all the fur kids
    at once. (Carlos and Bob)
    We shall carry on and it
    will be a great year!
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great post, Bob! Happy New Year to you and Carlos and all your animals!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Years to you, Carlos, and the kids!

    And 2020 needs to be chalked up as a LEARNING EXPERIENCE. We learned so much about good and evil and how easily power can corrupt. I think most of us suspected the difference between fake and real, but 2020 ripped of their mask. And I must say, you have quite the stable of attractive men.

    ReplyDelete

  10. Your Bobservations are pure gold for the last day of 2020 - I agree 100% to quote Alexa from Schitt's Creek which turned out to be my #1 favorite show in 2020.
    Thank you for the effort you make to speak truth to power, or just truth for those of us who need a good dose of Bob to wake us when we slumber through life.
    You rock, Bob, and I even liked your "hottie" pictures although I'm afraid I didn't recognize any of them!
    Good for you and Carlos and your gang of furry family for hanging in through it all for 20 years. Pretty and I will have our 20th in February.
    Celebrate yourself and your work today.
    Cheers! Onward to 2021.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year! Love these post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A GREAT post! I have more opinions than hairs on my head, too. However, in my case, that's seven! I love you, Bob, and Carlos, Tuxedo, MaxGoldberg, Ozzo, and Consuelo. You make MY world a better place!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @MM
    Mitch McSatan may find himself out of power if Georgia does the right thing, and that would be a great way to start 2021.
    Happy New Year to you, too.

    @Helen
    Right you are; listening is great, and then speaking up.
    And if you’re good, no need to prove it.

    @AM
    The Tweet of God always nails it!
    HNY, AM, to you and RTG and all those fluffy kids.

    @Jennifer
    HNY to you, too, Jennifer!!

    @Susan
    Glad you enjoyed it, and cheers to you for a Happy New Year!

    @Six
    Yup, this ‘God’ is always right, and this year has been one for the books; let’s close it and move on.
    Carlos is probably the best person I’ve ever met. Truth.
    Happy New Year!! xoxo

    @TDM
    Yeah, I should share them all more often, because they are such terror and joy!!
    Stay safe and carry on! HNY!

    @Debra
    Thanks. Happy New Yeasr to you and your Rare one!
    @ Dave
    HNY to you, and your pups! Hopefully we WILL learn from this year, and the last four, and work to see it doesn’t happen again!
    As for the men, I may need to muck out the stalls.

    @Sheila
    Thank you for all you do, for using your voice for good.
    HNY to you and Pretty, and your upcoming 20th!!

    @Ariel Pullman
    HNY! Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Mitch
    Seven is lucky!
    Love you and SG and Dudo and Moose and the Kid Brother!
    HNY!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What does one do on NYE in Camden SC?????

    The Tweet of God is Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adore your menagerie, Bob. Wishing you the very best in the New Year. Love your point about Xtians. I am going to start using it... I have really come to appreciate and look forward to your weekly regular columns. Informative. Thank you. Take care dear.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've spent the week looking for the positives, and they are there, if we look hard enough. I think everyone's relationships either grew stronger or fell apart. Thank goodness, like you, my husband and I have grown closer-- maybe closer than we've ever been. So Happy New Year to you and Carlos and the fur babies! Hopefully, the worst is behind us.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you Bob, for posting through the crap show, and giving us hope and hot guys. HNY to you and all the members of your family. And HNY to all who post their great comments!

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Jimmy
    We have a simple night planned,. just the two of us.

    @uptonking
    Our little family is heaven and hellions!
    Glad I found you and your blog, glad you enjoy my spot.
    HNY!

    @Sadie
    In these times it's easy to let the darkness take over, but there is light on goodness all around.
    Happy Happy 2021!!!

    @Krayolakris
    HNY to you, too! Thanks for wading through the crap, too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This entry gets the prize as the best entry read this evening.
    Clever !

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Ur-spo
    So glad you enjoyed it!
    HNY

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......