Saturday, August 15, 2020

I Ain't One To Gossip But ...

According to his representatives sixty-year-old Simon Cowell fell off an electric bike and broke his back:
“Simon had a fall from his bike on Saturday afternoon whilst testing his new electric bike in the courtyard at his house in Malibu with his family.”
Should a sixty-year-old really be riding an electric bike? Or should he be on the couch eating soft cheeses, biscuits and tea?

I kid, but it cannot be that bad because Cowell is expected to film America’s Got Talent first live show since the coronavirus pandemic next week.

Perhaps they’ll let him ride out on an electric bike?
Justin Hartley, the Hot Guy from This Is Us—the tittle of Hottest Guy always goes to Sterling K. Brown—is going through some real life drama and, as happens, it has spilled over to a Netflix reality show, Selling Sunset, that stars his estranged wife, Chrishell Stause, second from left.

Justin and Chrishell, each a former soap star, were married for two years when, she says, Justin “blindsided her” by filing for divorce. And because she now has a reality show, she can do what we all want to do, and spill the tea nationwide.

Chrishell revealed that she found out that Justin had filed for divorce … wait for it … it’s so millennial … it’s the new age of communication … through a text. Probably with some middle finger emojis.

Justin, who used to be on Passions and The Young and The Restless was previously married to Lindsay Korman [second from right] who was on Passions, Days of Our Lives, All My Children and General Hospital, before was he married Chrishell, who was on The Young and The RestlessDays of Our Lives, and All My Children.

Justin has now moved on to his former The Young and The Restless co-star Sofia Pernas [far right].

He must use soap operas as his personal Tinder.
For the last several years singer Alicia Keys has been all about going make-up free. But now she is shocked, shocked I say, that her fans are confused her decision to release her own  E.L.F. cosmetics beauty line.

Seriously? You don’t wear makeup because you think people don’t need makeup, but now you wanna sell makeup?

Someone needs coins.
Kane Brown, the 26-year-old country singer, recently bought 30 acres of land in Tennessee and decided to explore it. Sadly, Kane then proceeded to get lost on his own land, get shot at by someone, and ask the police to come rescue him.

In fact, Kane even posted the story to Facebook before being rescued:
“Someone help! I’m lost… ALL JOKES ASIDE… The real story is I moved into a new house. I own 30 acres of 3000 around me. I told my wife I wanted to go check out the property I’ll be 30 minutes… Thirty minutes turned into three hours it started raining turned dark and dropped to 40 degrees… We used GPS to try and get back but it kept taking us to all these cliffs that u can’t drive a 4 wheeler down and I wasn’t about to leave them.”
Kane called his friend Ryan Upchurch, who lives in the area, but Upchurch got lost with Kane, too.
“I called my last resort… [but] now three turned into five of us lost. He has four other friends riding around … and they start getting shot at. My buddy’s girl who has asthma started then freaking out. We HAD to get her out. So we call the cops. The cops arrive and hear the gun shots and think we are shooting at them. We yell at them and tell them we are not armed and made it out.”
Ryan’s version:
“We ended up finding [Kane] in the woods, because me and my brother, you know, we know how like look for trails recently ridden on and shit like that. So we found him. But we run out of gas. We ran out of cell phone service, too. We got lost in the woods with him… When you’re in pitch black and your eyeballs are open and you can’t even see your hand in front of your face, and you’re on thousands of acres that you’ve never even been on before, it’s kinda hard to find your way out… Just sayin’.”
He should’a listened to Dorothy, who got lost too, though not on her own property, in The Wizard of Oz, when she said:
"Well... I think that it ... That it wasn't enough just to want to see Uncle Henry and Auntie Em.  And it's that if  I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any farther than my own back yard because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with."
Just sayin’, Kane.
James Hong has more film and TV credits than nearly anyone in Hollywood, yet he still isn’t considered a bona fide “star” and therefore does not have a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Now, a group of fans is trying to change that for Hong, who has been in everything from Seinfeld … “Cartwright? Four?” … to Big Trouble in Little China and Blade Runner … along with about 600 other projects.

Daniel Dae Kim, Lost and Hawaii Five-0, is on board with getting Hong a star, saying:
“I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: James Hong deserves a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. I’ve already started the nomination process. Who’s with me? #StarForJamesHong.” 
Some 30 people are selected each year to be added to the Walk of Fame, where the creation and installation of a star costs $50,000 and Daniel Dae Kim has already raised more than enough via a GoFundMe.

Seriously, they used to say James Brown was the hardest working man in show business—and he has a star—so surely James Hong should get one!

9 comments:

  1. James Hong certainly deserves a star more than the orange monster who doesn't deserve one, let alone the presidency.
    Ah, Justin Hartley, The Young Days of My Children. Nice cheekbones, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Star for James Hong!!

    take care, xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd never heard of Justin Hartley but he very definitely has a type doesn't he!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must have broken Cowell's heart (along with his back) to have come to the realisation that there's something which he's NOT an authority on - hah! riding a bike, for crying out loud! Shucks, even I can ride one (although I never have).

    ReplyDelete
  5. WTH? an ELECTRIC bicycle?? that you move with your FEET????? WTH?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Electric bikes are shit bikes for lazy folks, and remember a broken back may be as simple as a hairline fracture but it sound so much more dramatic to say broken back.

    Did Kane say how many six packs he and his ol' lady had guzzled before going on their expedition?

    Hong needs a damn star!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Deedles
    My favorite James Hong was the owner of a Chinese restaurant on Seinfeld. He was hilarious!
    Hartley has nice cheekbones, but needs to pick a wife and keep her.

    @TDM
    He deserves it.

    @Treaders
    Soap actresses only, I guess.

    @Raybeard
    I hate to see him in pain ...kind of ... but he's such a pompous ass. Now,I need to see you race Simon on the bikes!

    @Debra
    I know, that just seemed like an odd thing to do.

    @AM
    I guess regular bikes are out???

    @Dave
    I could get lost on 30 acres, but the fact that it's his land and he couldn't remember where his house was??? My phone has a compass, doesn't his???

    ReplyDelete
  8. No bike-racing for me at my age. I'd rather keep my back intact. I've only got one.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......