Thursday, June 18, 2020

Bobservations

I’ve often said that Carlos has no knowledge whatsoever of Pop Culture. Every single blond singer that appears on a TV screen is, to him, Madonna … pronounced Ma-dough-na. I know, it’s cute, right?

This week I was watching a show called The Genetic Detective, who solves decades old cold cases through DNA and, well, genetic detection. This week the story was about a young girl raped and murdered in Fort Wayne, Indiana, whose killer was never captured. The show aired some original footage of news people reporting the story, and as a female reporter appeared onscreen Carlos said:
“Barbara!”
I knew where this was headed but I said:
“Streisand?”
“No, the other one.”
“Bush?”
“No. The other one!”
“Eden?”
“NO!!!”
“Who then?”
“The one from The View?”
“Barbara Walters?”“Yes! That one!”

“You think Barbara Walters, who was co-anchor of ABC News in the 1970s left that job to become a local news reporter in Fort Wayne?”
“Well, she could have. It looks like her.”
“Because it’s a woman with brown hair? She doesn’t even have the Baba Wawa lisp.”
“The what?”
And this conversation is still ongoing.
Tuxedo is done with the ‘use of force’ bull shit when the job can be done just as easily without it.
I said it looked like an art installation, and now it is; the African American History and Culture Museum, the American History Museum and the Anacostia Museum have formed a coalition with staff, activists and members of the community to curate the posters and signs and art that was hung on _____’s fence around the White House following George Floyd’s murder by Minneapolis police Officer Derek Chauvin last month.

It’ll make a powerful statement … again.
According to the Racist-In-Thief, the virus is just about done—tell that to the 1,000 people dying each day—and so he’s gonna have more rallies—look for COVID-19 numbers to spike among the MAGAts, though I won’t care.

But, for a person who believes the virus is nothing, he seems eager to make his followers sign an NDA that if they develop this HoaxVirus™ they cannot hold him accountable.

Let that sink in: he says the virus doesn’t exist, but if you catch it at one of his Hate Rallies, it’s not his fault. He doesn’t care if you get sick, just as long as you show up to stroke his tiny orange mushroom-shaped ego.
Derek Chauvin, the Minneapolis police officer who murdered George Floyd is still eligible for his $1 million-plus retirement pension, even if he’s found guilty on charges of murdering Floyd. 

How do you feel about defunding the police now, because we’re about to pay a murderer a million bucks?

Howsabout reforming the police by starting a new rule that if you murder someone you forfeit your pension. That’s a start.
Sal Bonaccorso, the mayor Clark Township, a mostly white New Jersey township, is apologizing for his racist comments about an anti-discrimination protest organized by residents of a neighboring community; he said:
"I am pro-black for all the good black people that I know in my life."
Obviously, that didn't sit well with the crowd, and several people booed, so Bonaccorso added:
"Hey folks, listen, I can't say I'm for anybody if I don't know you. I'm for people. Good people, law-abiding, hard-working, good family, good friends, people with good intentions. If you're black great, if you're white, great. If you're Hispanic, great.”
But if you’re not great, he doesn’t have a problem with a police officer kneeling on your neck for 8 minutes and 48 seconds.
Mississippi, land of my birth, WTF?

A bipartisan group of Mississippi state lawmakers want to remove the emblem of the Confederate battle flag from the state flag and appear to have support from at least one powerful Republican lawmaker, Speaker of the Mississippi House Philip Gunn.

In Mississippi. Things can change.

I suggest this flag ...
The _____ Administration finalized a regulation that removes Obama-era transgender nondiscrimination protections in healthcare.

On the fourth anniversary of the Pulse nightclub shooting and in the middle of LGBT Pride month.

That’s what he thinks of the LGBTQ+ community.
I’ve been watching Barkskins on NatGeo. It’s based on the novel by Pulitzer-winner Annie Proulx—Brokeback Mountain—and tells the story of the first settlement in the New World, called New France.


No Brokeback-style love story, but it does star one Christian Cooke as Rene Sel, a barkskin, who helps clear land for people to build up. Swarthy bearded smooth Old World New World muscular manly hot …. Where was I?


Oh, yeah, Christian Cooke. Yum. He can clear my forest any day. I know, I have no idea what that means either.


15 comments:

  1. (Carlos) (Tuxedo)
    _____ just got shut down again
    by Supremes over DACA. yah!
    take care, be safe, xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @TDM
    I just heard that about DACA.
    His Deplorables are gonna be mad that he couldn't discriminate against The Gays or against immigrant children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for Sesame Street and the Tale of Carlos. I needed that today. Barkskins guy just depresses me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I take what you're saying about that Mr Cooke clearing your forest, but who dat daddy bare-chester above him? Now HE'd be the one, more modestly, who'd be welcome to merely poke his face into my bush.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, Bob! Love the Sesame Street tweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Mitch
    But, oy, the way he swings his big axe.

    @Raybeard
    That's also Mr Cooke!

    @Debra
    Sunny day
    Sweeping the clouds away
    On my way to where the air is sweet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Didn't I read in Wapo that the Maggots (call them what they really are, fly larvae living off the boated flesh of the Insect in Chief) are going to have to pay for the honour of catching Covid-19 off of other Trumpelstiltskin lovers?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, Carlos can get away with most everything because... Carlos. Also, I think Mah-dough-nah makes me think of Krispy Kremes yes.

    Tuxedo, always right. And the Racist-in-chief is getting a whipping with SCOTUS (and he just tweeted he thinks they don't like him, of course) because he wanted to vanish DACA and they said: Not Today, Satan.

    Aaaand I'm going straight to the Discovery channel now.

    XOXO

    P.S. When I saw that Sesame Street tweet, I got Verklempt...

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Helen
    Yes, because he takes no responsibility.

    @Six
    Carlos can and does getaway with most things!
    Yes, to Sesame Street!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you're mean to Carlos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That Tulsa rally is going to turn into a really big shit show, and his ratings are going to drop even more.

    Is that Cooke... or Cookie?

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Treaders
    I toy with him like a cat with string.

    @AM
    Indeed!

    @Dave
    The MAGAts will eat it up though.
    Cooke is delicioso.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The pics are BOTH of Mr Cooke? Well I'm blowed! 'Cos one I find okay but fancy the other BIG time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay Sesame Street!!!
    Loved the Carlos story!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......