Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Architecture Wednesday: Nomades House


This one kind of screams getaway … as in get away from here I’m on vacation.

It’s an irregular piece of land in Barra Grande in the Brazilian state of Piauí, and so it needed an equally irregular floorplan and roof.

The rustic aspect of the house is achieved through the piassaba roof as well as the heavy timbers, stone and white brickwork, most created by local artisans. Everything opens and integrates itself, making the indoor areas, the terraces, patios and pool deck nearly indistinguishable.

I feel like Carlos and I could play Blue Lagoon there, though we’d probably fight about who gets to be Brooke Shields and who gets to be Christopher Atkins.

Oh hell, who am I kidding, we’d both be Christopher Atkins.

Now, get away …


As always, click to emBIGGERate …

6 comments:

  1. Really interesting and different.
    As a former lifeguard and pool worker
    I wonder about the roof shedding into
    the pool!
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. All I see are tarantulas for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very tropical.
    The inside of the house is super streamlined and I love the clean lines. I love the indoor/outdoor feel, of course.
    Fantastic as a vacation home.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the openness of it but I can't do open-slat staircases, so I'd be stuck on the first floor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:16 PM

    Beautifully...

    My OCD is kicking in...

    Will the roofs drain correctly...

    Will the roof leak...

    What about rain/wind storms...Will I lose a roof or two...

    What about insects and bugs flying in, crawling about...

    How do we secure the place at night...

    After all, that is settled...I like it...

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......