Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Architecture Wednesday: Phoenix Rising

When I was a kid my parents used to rent a cabin at Lake Tahoe is the Summers and we’d spend weeks up there, in the frigid waters of the lake; hiking through the woods, just enjoying it all; I remember even in August the air was cool and smelled of pine trees and to this day, when we have a day like that in Smallville, I call it a Lake Tahoe Day.

And one of my favorite places they ever rented was an A-frame cabin because of the soaring ceilings and the walls of windows.

Now, that cabin looked nothing like this one, dubbed Phoenix Rising because it was built on the ash of the homeowner’s original Lake Tahoe cottage. It has the glass, the vaulted ceilings, the loft space, two comfy bedrooms, the porch, the trees, the snow.

Takes me back.
















OneKindDesign

7 comments:

  1. Very purtiful. Needs a couple dogs. :-)
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything about it. The A frame, the light, the materials. And what a story!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the place, although the living room rug really disturbs me. I’d haul it outside before I sat down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning, I love it, even the blur rugs - there is one in the bedroom. I had a board meeting at Lake Tahoe a few years ago, it was a disaster of a meeting in a wonderful place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was a kid, my mom's friend had an A-frame out at the lake and we'd sometimes spend the day with them. I thought it was the neatest place. It wasn't nearly as nice as this one, though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. North Shore? Had a friend who owned a home there right on the lake (North Shore). We would go visit in Summer, sit on the deck and drink (because, of course we did). The water is really frigid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:11 PM

    Love!! Love!! Love!!

    Wrap it up!!!

    When do we close???

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......