Friday, July 06, 2012

I Didn't Say It....


Jean-Marc Ayrault, French Prime Minister, telling Parliament that same-sex couples will be able to marry and adopt children next year:
"In the first half of 2013, the right to marriage and adoption will be open to all couples, without discrimination. Our society is evolving, lifestyles and mentalities are changing. The government will respond to that."

Equality is moving forward all over the globe. Will America move with it, or stay a step behind?

Steve Litzow, Washington State Senator and a Republican, on joining Washington United For Marriage to fight a referendum that could reverse same-sex marriage in the state: 
"I was one of the first Republicans to sponsor marriage equality because I believe it's the right thing to do. I believe every adult should have the right to choose the person they love and who they marry."

It is unbelievably refreshing to see a Republican stand up for equality; to set aside personal beliefs and religious leanings, and see equality for what it is: the right thing to do.

Kathy Griffin, worried about Anderson Cooper's coming out, and how it might affect him around the world:

" I don’t pretend to understand the complexities of the worlds Anderson moves in. But I do know that I don’t want my friend to face that part of the world, where he might die a very different kind of death than someone who isn’t quite so honest. Here’s the thing: I love my friend Anderson and remain immensely proud of him. And I’m honored, truly, that he considers me a friend. But I just want him to be careful. Of course he wouldn’t be doing his job if he really were being careful. And he wouldn’t be who he is."

You know, for all her snark and gossip—and I love her snark and gossip—Griffin has been a longtime LGBT ally, and thoughtful human being.

Nick Clegg, Britain's deputy Prime Minister, who would like to see a law that includes religious institutions that support inclusion: 
"This is a personal view at the moment, but I think that in exactly the same way that we shouldn’t force any church to conduct gay marriage, we shouldn’t stop any church that wants to conduct gay marriage....I don’t see why two individuals who love each other and want to show commitment to each other should not be able to do so in a way that is socially recognized as being marriage."

If two adult people want to marry, then they should be allowed that right.
If a church wants to perform a same-sex union, they should be allowed that right.
If a church refuses to perform a same-sex union, they should be allowed that right.
It’s called equality for a reason.

Cristina Kirchner, President of Argentina, on the rights of transgendered Argentineans to change their gender on official documents without proving they'd undergone surgery:
 "Today is a day of tremendous reparation. Today we do not shout for liberation but instead we shout for equality, which is just as important as freedom. I do not want to use a word that bothers me greatly: Tolerance. No. I do not believe in 'tolerance'. To tolerate is to say I'll allow you to be because I have no other choice. I want to talk about equality and I want to talk about all of you who will now have the same rights I have enjoyed from the moment I was born and the rights that so many millions of Argentineans have enjoyed from the moment they were born. This is the society we want."
In Argentina.
In France.
In England.
We need to keep up with the world, America.

Chris Collins, GOP congressional candidate and lying asshat, on why Obamacare is unnecessary:
“People now don't die from prostate cancer, breast cancer and some of the other things. The fact of the matter is, our healthcare today is so much better, we're living so much longer, because of innovations in drug development, surgical procedures, stents, implantable cardiac defibrillators, neural stimulators -- they didn't exist 10 years ago. The increase in cost is not because doctors are making a lot more money. It's what you can get for healthcare, extending your life and curing diseases."

Last year a combined 80,000 Americans died of prostate or breast cancer.
Tell your story to those families that lost a loved one, wingnut.

7 comments:

  1. anne marie in philly9:37 AM

    I posted this little diatribe elsewhere yesterday.

    to the NY fucktard that stated: “nobody actually dies from prostate cancer or breast cancer” - the thousands of people that have already DIED from these cancers would like to have a word with you. then they will kick you in the nuts/kidneys and piss/shit on your face.

    I hope you get BOTH cancers, motherfucker!

    ETA - AND I hope no insurance company will pay for your treatments and that you die an excruciatingly painful horrible death while cancer survivors stand around your bed and laugh at you as you die!

    no love AT ALL, me (23 year cancer survivor)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ask me how much we've paid out to pay for non-covered cancer screening procedures in the last 9 months. ask me how much we paid for tony to have coverage from the time his cobra ended until the time we both got covered on my policy at work (i actually went without coverage for 60 days but don't tell anyone). ask me how much i paid for my knee surgery when i had no insurance at all (and was not eligible for state aid because i had a small savings account because i was saving for college because my stupid real mom wouldn't sign the paperwork for me to get financial aid because she was too fucking paranoid). ask me how much i've paid out in the last 20 years, it will astound you and i am not alone in this nor is my story unique- many more people have lost everything yet that douche has the gall to make that statement.

    rant off.

    xxalainaxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We grow 'em good in WA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:42 AM

    The day after Chris Collins made his comments, former Oakland Raiders player, actor and Miller Lite pitchman Ben Davidson died of prostate cancer.

    I didn't want to cry. I wanted to uppercut Collins in the balls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings handsome! I'm still at the beach and trying to make rounds when I can!!!! Lovely addition this week!!!!!! My bonnet is off to all them .....except the last ass!Dare I bring him a bucket of sand and tell him where to pile it? I'd do that for you!!!!! And the lovely Cristina Kirchner, President of Argentina!!! Yet ANOTHER and MANY MENS, opps ,I mean reasons, I want to visit there! Course, who we kidding, I'd never come back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really hope America gets with it and ends marriage discrimination. And as far as the danger Anderson is facing? We face it every day. Silence and denying the existence of the one you love is never an option in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy Griffin is, believe it or not, extremely intelligent. Her style of observational humor requires a great deal of thought. "How does she get away with that!" is often heard in her audiences. She gets away with it because she's SMART.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......