Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Architecture Wednesday: A Duplex Penthouse In The Roeda Bergen

Well, after a couple of months lounging about by the creek and the lake and up in the woods, i was longing for something more urban. I was hoping Manhattan, or even Chicago, but then i stumbled upon Stockholm, and a gorgeous apartment, in a building from the 1920s, completely redone and so light and airy.
I'm packing my bags.
This two floor loft isn't the biggest apartment I could find--totaling just under 1100 square feet--but with eighteen foot ceilings it does seem much larger.
And completely redone.
The floors are oiled walnut, with underfloor heating--I hear it gets cold over there--and with air conditioning--because it also gets warm. 
The "Welcoming Hall" features built-in cabinetry and leads you into the large main area, with the living room and kitchen with all the best stainless appliances, and the most important appliance of all: a wine refrigerator.
I does love me some of the grape.
The bathroom with both bath and shower, Italian tiles, heated towel rail and washing machine and dryer, is also on the main floor, along with a Master Bedroom, and a second bedroom, with a built-in bed that can double as an office or extra living space.
The upper level holds a larger living area reached, from the top of the stairs, by a glass bridge that also serves the office and library.
It's small. It's urban. It's old. It's new.
It's nice.


via HomeDSGN

4 comments:

  1. Clean lines, a lot of light. We have the same tastes Bob. Also, all white walls which I have and drives my neighbor crazy. She things I should paint them different colors. I like the white walls. Soothing and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those floors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:27 AM

    Lots of white, wood flooring, metal and glass in this winner. What's not to love?

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful!

    let us know when we can come visit and if the dogs are welcome too :D


    xxalainaxx

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......