Saturday, October 29, 2022

Snarky Thoughts

We all know Matthew Perry was a raging drug and alcohol addict while on Friends but we know more now because he’s written a book to tell us … like how he wished death upon Keanu Reeves. Perry was online bitch-slapped for the part in his memoir where he wonders why actors like River Phoenix and Heath Ledger die too soon, but “Keanu Reeves still walks among us” and offered up some BS apology saying he just grabbed a name out of the sky and it turned out to be Keanu Reeves.

My Thought: Sorry, Matthew but why not say “And yet I still walk among you.” I mean after decades of rampant drug use and, in your own words, nearly $9,000,000 spent on rehab stays, you are lucky to still be walking, so, yeah, to paraphrase the immortal Chris Crocker, “Leave Keanu alone!”

photo

A year ago, all anyone could talk about was Adele’s long awaited fourth album, 30, and its first single. ‘Easy On Me.’ But then the second single was supposed to be ‘I Drink Wine’ … AKA My Personal Theme Song … and we got ‘Oh My God’ instead. Well, now ‘I Drink Wine’ was released Adele gave an interview where she said Taylor Swift is one of the greatest songwriters of our generation.

My Thought: Perhaps Adele should rename the song, ‘I Drank Too Much Wine And Spewed Some Shiz.’

photo

Dame Judi Dench recently wrote an op-ed for The Sunday Times taking Netflix to task for ALLEGEDLY playing fast and loose with the facts on The Crown. And apparently she has that much power because Netflix has added a disclaimer to season five indicating that anything you might hear … like former Prince, now King, Charles, while still married to Diana,  telling his mistress Camilla that he wanted to be reincarnated as a tampon so he could live inside her … is a “fictional dramatization” of events that may or may not be true … even if you heard the words committed to tape for all the world to hear.

My Thought: Netflix backed down, but shaded Dame Judi by revealing that she was in talks to play The Queen Mother during the fifth Tampon Season but turned it down because she wasn’t getting as many coins as Imelda Staunton, who plays The Queen. The Queen Mother role then went to Marcia Warren, who had no issue with the paycheck.

photo

Big surprise … Gisele Bündchen  and Tom Brady’s marriage is over and has been for several weeks now as their lawyers have already hammered out a settlement and reached an agreement on property and custody of their two children. Gisele filed documents in Florida today and Tom sat on his hands and Boom! they’re done.

My Thought: How many minutes until Tom gets a twenty-something model on his arm because you know he’s all about the trophy!

photo

If you had Armie Hammer’s new career as “timeshare salesman” on your Hollywood Career Change Bingo Card, you are a winner. Yes, after Armie’s career died amid the accusation of being a cannibalistic sexaholic and the horrid box office of Death on the Nile, Hammer worked as a timeshare salesman in the Cayman Islands. Perhaps he needed the coins because, like Tori Spelling—wow, not even six degrees separate Tori and Armie—American Express says he’s been dodging a $67,000 credit card balance, and they’re taking him to court over it.

My Thought: Cannibalism doesn’t pay enough to pay the AMEX.

photo

25 comments:

  1. I think most of us on this side of the pond, who are not rabid royalists, have heard the tampon story. If the former POW Chaz can have a hissy fit about a pen and inkwell he really ain't fit to put on a nobby hat covered with jools next May (you may have guessed by now that I will not be one of those watching him and fag ash Lil prancing about in Westminster Abbey). .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take it you are not a fan! LOL

      Delete
    2. I remember hearing the tampon story over here. Every time you say POW Charles, I think Prisoner of War, not Prince of Wales.

      Delete
  2. Well, how is Armie even going to sell a house or a timeshare? Would you have to sign the papers in blood? That might make him hot.

    Keanu Reeves. I still want to go to bed with him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Armie has lost some of his luster for me.
      I like Keanu beardless but, yeah, he's kinda dreamy.

      Delete
  3. Yeah, I too thought that was a very cheap shot by Matthew Perry. "People who live in glass houses" etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I cannot imagine his editors, if he told them he just grabbed a name out of thin air, would have said to leave it in.

      Delete
  4. I remember a time when us Canadian
    girls thought Charles was cute... a
    loooong time ago.
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Younger Charles was handsome, but somewhere along the way he drifted in troll territory.
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. OMG about Armie. I mean, I'm not down with cannibalism, but that's just sad.

    Keanu Reeves has more class than Matthew Perry will ever have. (And I don't think Keanu is unusually classy.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Armie has had quite the fall from grace, and you are spot on about Keanu.

      Delete
  6. Why do so many people pick on Keanu? He's a good looking guy who is often described as very kind. He's not the most brilliant actor I've ever seen, but neither is Matthew Perry. Don't grab any more names out of the sky, Matt. I have to admit I don't know anything about Taylor Swift, other than she writes songs about men she dated. I doubt if that makes her qualified to be one of the greatest songwriters of our generation. Bleah.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm no Keanu-stan, but, you're right, he seems to be a rather nice, down to earth guy. Perry should be so lucky.
      Taylor? Meh.

      Delete
  7. I have read about "The Crown" and accidentally saw a couple of clips from it. It sounds like fictionalised nonsense to me and that is partly why I have no plans to watch a single episode. Many will watch it and think it provides historical facts when it doesn't. It's just entertainment and the living people represented within it have very little recourse to justice with regard to its cruel inaccuracies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People treat it like a documentary when it's a TV show.

      Delete
  8. aussieguy8:39 PM

    King (Nerd) Chuck will take the entire royal family down with him. Not too impressed with Prince Willie either. I thought Chandler was better on Friends than Matthew is IRT. And Taylor? Oof, almost as much of a dog as Camilla…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think Charles will ruin everything.
      Recovering addict Chandler is a petty man.
      Taylor. Loathe her.

      Delete
  9. I didn't know Dame Judi Dench had been offered that role and she turned it down over a money issue? Doesn't she already have enough money that it wouldn't (shouldn't) matter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think sometimes it's an ego thing. She's DAME Judi, and Imelda is just OBE and CBE.

      Delete
  10. 9-M in rehab? Must be a nice place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, it was several failed attempts at rehab over the last twenty+ years.

      Delete
  11. I posted music this weekend! This chisme is S T E L L E R! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the Stevie! Always!
      xoxo

      Delete
  12. And hear I thought Armie Hammer was sitting on a trust fund. Guess not.

    I don't understand, even if Matthew Perry did think that at the time, why he would put that in his book. Where was his editor? Or maybe they figured the attention would run up sales. I have enjoyed the crown, but I'm with Dame Judy. A fictionalized account is one thing, but making up offensive and highly controversial shit... well, not necessary and more Fox News.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TamponGate was a real thing, though it occurred because the press hacked a phone ... https://www.esquire.com/uk/culture/a34736481/tampongate-scandal-the-crown/

      Delete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......