Thursday, August 18, 2022

Bobservations

This is less about Carlos and more about where my head, and where my oh so vivid imagination goes when I don’t know where he is.

Yesterday Carlos was interpretations for DHEC in Sumter; one at 1:30 and one at 3:30. I kinda forgot about them, as the office was picking him up and bringing him home so I didn’t have to drive him, and when I came home from work about 4PM, he wasn’t there. But I didn’t worry because I then remembered the appointments, so I fed the cat,s let the dog out into the yard and went to check Blogville, and then it was 5:15PM. Where was he? I didn’t think it would drag on this late, but who knows.

5:30. No Carlos. I text:

“I’m home … ?”

No response. I call, and it goes straight to voicemail, so I leave a message:

“Just kinda wondering where you are, and if you can give me a call if you have a minute so I know what’s up.”

No response; I text again:

“Hey, can you take a second an just let me know when to expect you?”

Now, what I’m not saying is that between the first text and the voicemail, I thought the man driving Carlos had gotten into an accident and my mind then leaps to: Carlos is dead. And after the second text my mind goes right to: the man who drove Carlos to Sumter is obsessed with him  and has him chained in a cabin in the woods, or else he’s murdered my husband. I am thinking …. Do I call DHEC? They’re probably closed. The police? They might tell me to wait and if I wait my mind goes even darker.

6:00 PM. I am headed out the door to get into the car and drive to Sumter since there’s really only one way to get there from our house, and I will look for bodies in the road and wreckage in the trees and … Carlos is home.

“Hi honey.”

Gosh that sounded good.

Seriously, this is what passes for a rally in the GOP? Not a mention of what you want to for Arizona, just talk of Big Dicks. Well, to be fair, DeSantis and Thing 45 are two of the biggest dicks in politics these days.

Thomas Kennedy, a Miami man paid to fly a banner reading “ha ha ha” over former Mar-a-Lago as Thing 45 supporters stood outside the gates to protest the recent FBI. He says it was the best $`1800 he ever spent.

That’s all.

In a new video, Dr. Oz, AKA Doctah Quackers, is walking through the produce section of Redner’s grocery store—he seemed lost and called the store Wegner’s, a cross between Wegman’s and Redner’s—because his wife wanted him to bring something home for crudité and he blames Joe Biden for the high cost of veggies.

John Fetterman Tweeted out that in Pennsylvania, people call  what Oz was buying a “veggie platter,” and you can get the whole thing for $7 … and then Fetterman proceeded to rake $500,000 in campaign donations.

It’s the new Crudité Effect for entitled one-percenters like Mehmet Marie Antoinette Oz.

Last week GOP lawmakers stripped a $35 price cap on the cost of insulin from the legislative package Democrats were moving through Congress. Republicans left the portion that applies to Medicare patients untouched but stripped the insulin cap for other patients.

Keep in mind, they voted against lowering the cost of insulin, they cheered the end of Roe v Wade, they suggest that marriage equality be overturned, they refused to honor the DC Metropolitan Police and the Capitol Police who protected them during the January 6 riots, they voted against healthcare for veterans, and are now anti-FBI because of the raid.

CAST A GODDAMNED BLUE VOTE.

The other day I was standing in line at the grocery store and said, perhaps a little too loudly:

“Oh, go fuck yourself.”

The woman in front of me snapped her back and said:

“Watch your language, I have a ten-year-old with me.”

I replied:

“That’s who I was talking to.”

Could’a happened.

Dear Liz,

I don’t like your politics, and don’t like a single thing you campaign on, but I have been standing by you, and will continue to stand by you because you are in that elite group of a handful of Republicans who have put country over party in the wake of the Thing 45 incited insurrection.

I thank you for your service to your country and look forward to what you do with the J6 committee in the last five months of your term.

Onward, Patriot, let’s finish him.

Carlos and I wanted to try a new little French bistro in town, so I put together a little outfit, but the restaurant refused to let me in.

Something about no pants??? Goddess, this town is so provincial.

In Kentucky, four police officers—Joshua Jaynes, Kelly Hanna Goodlett, Brett Hankison and Kyle Meany—have been arrested and charged over the fatal shooting murder of Breonna Taylor after plainclothes police executing a "no-knock" search warrant entered her home in  the middle of the night in March 2020.

It’s about fucking time.

Travis  Van Winkle is a 39-year-old American actor, best known for starring in the feature films TransformersFriday the 13th and the third season of the Netflix  series You. All well and good, but Would You Hit It?

30 comments:

  1. As usual an interesting and varied mix of "bobservations". Good job Carlos came home. Sounds like you were messing your pantaloons with worry but the prodigal son returned so all is well with the world apart from the other stuff you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, all is well except for some of that other stuff!

      Delete
  2. "Doctor Quackers" hahahahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what i call him on Twitter because it fits him!

      Delete
  3. Travis? yes. You're right about Kari. Stick with pants. Travis? Yes. Did you happen to see them pushing Rudi through the airport on a baggage cart? Oh, and by the way, Travis? Yes. Blonds, you know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not usually into the blonds, but could be persuaded ....

      Delete
  4. Darling string vests are so 1940s, even in black

    ReplyDelete
  5. (Carlos) (Tuxedo)
    And get 'em Liz!
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I said, can't stand Cheney's politics, but she's got the balls the GOP no longer has!
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. Boy, I am happy to know that I'm not the only one who leaps to the ol' "my husband is dead" scenario! I carry it further, directly to mutilated.
    That outfit could use a lacy mankini. Would that pass as pants?
    All I want to do with Travis is to wash his hair and then run my fingers and toes through it. To each their own.
    Crudité and crude idiots (lookin' at you Lewd Lake).
    That tweet killed me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am generally a positive thinker, but not knowing where Carlos is and not being able to get in touch, my mind goes right to dead.
      I am on the lookout for a mankini!
      Travis does have some good think luscious hair that would be .... where was I going with this?
      All kinds of idiots up in here.

      Delete
  7. So where was Carlos? I'd have been worried too!

    Kari Lake is a -- and I know I use this word a lot -- LUNATIC.

    I hadn't heard that "crudité" story. That's pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was in Sumter and his interpretation ran late, but he isn't dead so all is well!
      Kari Lake .... ugh.
      Poor Oz was so out of his element. it was hysterical.

      Delete
  8. It is always the pants thing that interferes with fashion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right! I'd like a pants-less town, please.

      Delete
  9. Oh how dear someone insult Joan and Bette for such a comparsion.

    The Carlos story was a heartwarming touch this week. What are we going to do with you too.

    I agree about Liz Cheny. I had the feeling she would go down, and that fat fuck is overjoyed I'm sure. But like you, I don't agree with all she stands for, but at least she is on politics for the right reasons. And as a person I do like her. But I don't think she'd ever get the President slot.

    And I would TOTALLY wear that ensemble to a Woods glamping function and may have already!!!

    Mehmet Marie Antoinette Oz, LMAO....may as well pack it in now. I know far many democrats and republicans alike that are voting for Fetterman. PA will not let an outsider take the position, but who knows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rudnick always uses Crawford as Miss Lindsey, which makes Rudy the Bette!
      I'm glad I was able to calm down and rid my brain of the Carlos Carnage!
      It does have a chic camping vibe to it.
      Poor Doctah Quackers is just so damned out of touch. I heard today that the RNC has pulled all their funding for his campaign ads because even they don't think he has a chance.

      Delete
  10. --You know I love me some Carlos!! But I would have not given him desert. He could have called or texted to let you know he his fine and on his way home. After all these years he knows how you get.

    --Also, the other day a thought popped into my head. Can someone tell me what are the polices that the Republicans' are declaring to get folks to vote for them. There is none. I have not heard any. Now I have heard plenty of fear, gaslighting, and everything LGBTQ hating but no policies.

    --Travis was great on Instinct with Alan Cumming. But Alan's husband in show was a gay mans wet dream, Daniel Ings.

    --I see your fashion choice for this week would be great for a Sunday afternoon after all the chores are completed.

    --Justice for Breonna. Sad the folks in IN THE STATE could not do what was right and the FEDERAL folks had to step in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he could have and should have!!!
      The GOP doesn't run on ideas, they run on fear ... of drag queens, and education, and LGBTQ+ Americans, and so on and on.
      Travis is kinda rough and hot and dirty and all that good stuff.
      Who says I can't do chores in that drag??!?
      I'm just glad her murder is being avenged.

      Delete
  11. I am with you and leap to the most catastrophic event imaginable if I haven't heard from Mrs. Shife or the kids in what I deem a reasonable amount of time. Glad all is well. Throw on some chaps and maybe you can get in to that bistro.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who takes such a massive jump to conclusions!!
      Chaps. Yes. Chaps.

      Delete
  12. Oh, I would have been hyperventilating. I know, it's kinda dramatic but when my routine gets shattered, I freak out.
    And the BDE? No, honey. We know Cheeto is the toadstool yetipubes kind *barf*.
    Oz? He's done. Love the meme, btw.


    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. re: BDE. I kept thinking "mushroom dick" and laughing!
      xoxo

      Delete
  13. aussieguy10:30 PM

    Lake with DeInsanity or The Moron? Or both? I need steel wool to scrub my eyeballs! I’m feeling queasy…

    I think I was in that same grocery store…

    Travis? Meh.

    And I do admire the hell out of Cheney. Perhaps, maybe, we can sorta move towards bipartisanship some day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Lake is doing anything to win an election and if she does she'll prove useless and out of her element.
      That poor kid in the store, but don't eff with me.
      Cheney is good at country over party but her ideas politically are way way way to the right.

      Delete
  14. Funny how I have always thought that BDE (Big Dick Energy) actually stood for Big Dick Envy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, in Kari Lake's case that might be true!

      Delete
  15. You aren't alone, sweetpea, the MITM knows how I am about "no communication" but even after more years than I want to admit to, he still forgets and I go to worst case scenario ASAP! *shiver* I have good reason, too! BTW, lo e your "attempted ensemble" and that cute blonde, too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. P.S. I thought it was Big Dick Envy, too and seems so much more appropriate! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......