Thursday, August 25, 2022

Bobservations

The other day I got sucked down a Facebook video hole of Australian comics telling one another dad jokes, and if you laughed you got a point, and the most points won was the loser … cuz Dad Jokes are notoriously groan-worthy, not guffaw-worthy. So, anyway, I came out of the office and went into the living room and told Carlos all about my trip in Dad Jokes, and he said:

“Gad Jokes?”

No. Dad Jokes.”

“Gab Jokes?”

Dad Jokes!”

“Bad Jokes?”

No!!! Dad Jokes… like, ‘I went to the doctor the other day and he told me I had to stop masturbating. I asked him ‘Why,’ and he said, ‘Because I’m trying to examine you.”

And Carlos said:

“You had a doctor’s appointment?”

This is my life.

The Republicans are saying the FBI can raid your house at will because they really are  afraid they're next.

Georgia GOP Senate nominee Herschel Walker is criticizing the sweeping climate, health-care and deficit-reduction bill signed by President Biden claiming it includes wasteful spending to combat global warming and asking:

“Don’t we have enough trees around here?”

Herschel says Georgia’s “good air decides to float over” to China, replacing China’s “bad air,” which goes back to Georgia, where “we got to clean that back up.”

Oh, Georgia, this and Marjorie Taylor Greene? You really wanna be that state?

A few weeks after putting on an unauthorized production of Hamilton and lacing it with homophobic teachings, Pastor Roman Gutierrez of the nondenominational church The Door McAllen in Texas has apologized:

“We acknowledge there are lawful avenues to obtain a license to stage properties which we did not pursue. And it is never permissible to alter an artistic work such as Hamilton without legal permission.”

Liars and plagiarists. The church has also been ordered to pay damages to Hamilton‘s creators who will be donating the money to a local LGBTQ+ organization.

God is looking at you, Pastor Gutierrez and She is not happy.

I saw this outfit and instantly thought it looked like someone dropped Dorothy’s house on a runway model and not the Wicked Witch of the East.

Colorado state Senator Kevin Priola has decided to switch political parties and become a Democrat because of the GOP’s refusal to condemn The Big Lie. And that throws a huge monkey-wrench into the GOP plan to flip the Colorado Senate Red.

Sorry, not sorry.

Big Liar candidate for governor of Arizona, Kari Lake, endorsed Jarrin Jackson for Oklahoma state Senate last week, even though Jackson has a long history of anti-Semitic and homophobic statements, saying things like “being gay is ‘disgusting” and that the LGBTQ+ “lifestyle” is a “gateway to pedophilia;” he also said he is not “beholden to Jews.”

And quicker than you can say Kari Lake endorses people she knows nothing about, Lake took her endorsement back lest she look like an anti-Semite or a homophobe, though she still looks like a pandering QAnon asshat.

Sean Higgins, a Burlington County man who served as a youth pastor has been indicted on charges of sexually exploiting underage boys, deceiving them into sending him explicit images, then extorting them into performing lewd acts so he could watch and record them remotely.

But, please, tell me how drag queens are grooming kids.

It’s funny when you take his actual words and modify them just a little and then  use them against him, isn’t it?

The Carroll Independent School District in Southlake, Texas has decided that sections of the book Life Is So Good is inappropriate to teach at a middle school. The book was published in 2000 by George Dawson, the grandson of a slave, who wrote and published the book after learning to read at the age of 98, and it looks back on Dawson's life, discussing what things were like in the 20th Century, including topics like lynching, racism, segregation and civil rights.

And that’s inappropriate in Texas. But the richest part of this nonsense is that some of the students who won’t get to read the book attend the … wait for it … it’s epic and totally Texas … the George Dawson Middle School.

Yes, the school has banned a book written by the man for whom the school was named.

Australian born Nicholas Cunningham is a dancer and choreographer and actor, and he’s kind of giving me Armie Hammer hotness without the cannibalism, but this is less about that and more about: Would You Hit It?

46 comments:

  1. The Carlos story had me in stitches, mostly because I love Dad jokes and Tim doesn't. And the Twit of the Week gave me a chuckle too. Keep it up! How are you guys doing overall? We're good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carlos and I do laugh a lot. We're doing rather well, I must say, I hope you two are, too.

      Delete
  2. I'm still laughing about the whole Carlos thing.
    Also, it was the PERFECT dad joke, natch.
    The tweet with Lady C and courtroom Clark Kent? On point.
    Also, it's Texas, darling. There's nothing more to add....
    Repugs keep putting out the most repugnant candidates. that woman Kari and that man running for office tell you how stupid and ignorant the repug constituents are.
    Also, Mr. Cunningham should stop grabbing his goodies and let me do it.

    XOXO

    p.s. I want what's written on that windshield on a tshirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd buy that shirt, then slip it onto Nicholas and then rip it off.
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. There was a drag queen story time at the main library in Oxford yesterday. 50 idiots came to object while 300 came to support the queen! Anybody would think that Aida H Dee was dragging the kids in off the streets, rather than parents taking their kids to story time. I'd have taken my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drag queens, to kids, are like unicorns, fanciful and colorful and fun. Churches, on the other hand ...

      Delete
  4. Are you sure Carlos wasn't winding you up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm sure. Carlos is hilarious, but he's just not that quick.

      Delete
  5. Would I hit it? If he would have me I would count it a pleasurer. That's al I have for today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Bobservations! Hilarious, maddening, but always informative. I must admit that the Tweet of the week made me spit out my coffee!!! LOL xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a little bit of everything, and that Tweet ... as I said to Carlos, "I'll go testify if that hottie will be in the crowd!"
      xoxo

      Delete
  7. (Carlos) (Tuxedo)
    (George Dawson)
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely for Mr. Dawson.
      xoxo

      Delete
  8. So, you had a doctor appointment last week?

    ReplyDelete
  9. As usual a great collection - containing anger, humour and clever insight into what it means to be human. I have no idea what you do at "the office" Bob but I am pleased that there's plenty of downtime to allow you to blog like a dervish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pretty organized when it comes to blogging so i can rally a post rather quickly. Glad you enjoyed the Bobservations!

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. It's always a laugh riot around here!

      Delete
  11. So let me get this straight, Carlos was more interested in you having a doctor's appointment rather than the fact (according to the joke) that you were masturbating during the exam. Verrrry interesting! He was right about the 'bad' part though.
    So according to Hershel (Headcase) Walker, it would be okay to use that poor model's head in a bonfire because we have enough trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, he didn't seem concerned that I was spanking the monkey in front of the doc!
      I never understand much of anything that oozes out of Herschel's piehole.

      Delete
    2. Bobulah, hon, I don't think it's his piehole that this crap is oozing from. Assholes be talkin' shiz.

      Delete
    3. I was trying to be polite?? Um, no, that's not it ... 😓

      Delete
  12. Tales of Carlos was guffaw-worthy. Thank you for another funny anecdote. Wow. The gene pool is shrinking in Texas and Georgia more than I thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sat there looking at Carlos when he asked if I'd gone to the doctor, and then I burst out laughing.
      Texorgia or Georxes are inbred states.

      Delete
  13. The Hamilton thing reminds me of religious companies making video games without the proper license to publish them. Nintendo and Sega would Sue but they wanted to be the company that didn't sue Jesus Christ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be the company that sues, or else these so-called churches will do whatever they want, and then claim the Baby Jeebus gave them permission.

      Delete
  14. aussieguy6:19 PM

    Well, someone has to be THAT state! After all, my asshat GOP brother lives and sees nothing wrong! (Although we ain't doing too much better in the Hoosier state...)
    Nicholas, si.
    All the stories were good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "That" state is just a little too close to us for comfort!

      Delete
  15. I got a really good laugh out of the "grab 'em by the evidence" and Ms. Lindsey memes. Banning that book so pissed me off that I've just ordered it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ordered the book, too. Do NOT tell me what I can and cannot read!

      Delete
  16. Fashion? That's what happens when one of our new associates gets lost int the lumber aisle. Evidently Jesus wasn't having any of Pastor Guiterrez's plagiarism. And Nicky? Possibly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad the money the church must pay Hamilton creators will go to LGBTQ+ groups! God loves that.

      Delete
  17. The Carlos Story cracked me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    The fashion is the mist ridiculous thing I have seen yet!!! That's not creative, just plain stupid.

    That tweet cracked me up? Who is that guy anyhow? I couldn't take my eyes off him during the hearings. I may have even had some naughty fantasies.

    And yes...Nicholas Cunningham could tap me harder than a beer tap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all for the avantgarde, but dropping fencing on your head ain't fashion!
      He's a 23-year0old med student. I'd like to play doctor. please.
      Nicholas is very lovely, and bendy.

      Delete
  18. Is Carlos going a little deaf? I just received my first hearing aids, Eargo 5s, invisible, recarchable and rather inexpensive, I highly recommend them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carlos suffers from Retinitis Pigmentosa, which affects his eyesight, and also carries with it Usher's Syndrome, which affects the hearing. He does have hearing aids, but between his "Absentminded Professor-ism" and my "rapid fire speech patterns" conversations are always fun.

      Delete
  19. BOB! How is it possible that we are married to the same person?!?!?! LMAO!! So funny, but not when it's happening huh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny and annoying and all that stuff at the same time! But we love 'em, righ?

      Delete
  20. The similarities between Carlos and SG continue to scare me. Although SG just read this and said, “He’s worse than me.” I told him he just likes to think so.

    The rest of this shit pissed me off so much that I’m not even sure I could focus on Nicholas Cunningham. But I’ll try... hard.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You brightened my morning,

    ReplyDelete
  22. Life with Carlos sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll say this: it's never dull!

      Delete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......