Thursday, February 24, 2022

Bobservations

Carlos sets the alarm for 7AM every day. He rolls out of bed at &:05 and heads into the bathroom for about fifteen minutes., When he comes out Consuelo and Tuxedo enter the bedroom announcing their desire for breakfast and their plaintive yowls awaken me, and I drag myself from bed.

Yesterday morning, though, Carlos stirred and dragged himself from bed. I loved at the clock, 6:55AM. I hear Carlos in the bathroom for a moment and then he comes out and goes back in bed at 6:58AM. I say:

“Isn’t it time to get up?”

“I have a couple of more minutes.”

And he took them!

Even Tuxedo sees how the GOP is suddenly pro-Russia and anti-Democracy, and how the rightwingnut media is playing this as a fight between Russia and Ukraine, and not an attack by Russia on Ukraine.

In court this week North Carolina state attorneys said a provision of the 14th Amendment—disqualifying insurrectionists from holding federal office—is not a defunct Civil War-era relic meant to apply only to former Confederates but a guard against future acts of insurrection and can be used to keep Nazi poster Boy Madison Cawthorn off the ballot for reelection.

Cawthorn says the provision was intended to apply only to former confederates who fought in the Civil War and a subsequent 1872 “amnesty” law waived the 14th Amendment prohibition for confederates. But the state attorneys argued that Congress itself applied the prohibition in 1919 against Victor Berger, who was barred from office for violating the Espionage Act during World War I.

Oops Maddie. You might be banned from office.

So, there was the Olympics right? We watched some, but it seemed every single time we turned it on, the event was curling. Curling!!!!! But I digress … See, I heard the story of men’s 50km mass start cross-country Finnish skier Remi Lindholm who revealed to the world that his penis froze during the race.

The weather was so frigid on race day that the event  was delayed by an hour and shortened from 50kms to 30kms. Some skiers finished with frost on their faces, but not Remi, who came in 28th:

“You can guess which body part was a little bit frozen when I finished.”

Yes, Remi suffered from Frozen Penis Syndrome and needed a heat pack to help thaw out his junk. And that had me thinking: Perhaps I should offer my services at the next Winter Olympics as the Official Dicksicle Warmer™? It’s a thought.

Carlos and I have had to make a lot of adjustments with his declining eyesight, but we still manage to get a laugh out of it, too. Take the other day, for example,  as we were leaving a shop and Carlos had my arm. We got to our car and I said:

“To your right, and then down the side of the car to the door.”

And I proceeded down the left side of the car to the driver’s door and got in. I looked to my right and didn’t see him, and wondered where he’d gone,  and then I saw him. He was walking down the side of the car parked next to us and tried to get into that car! I rolled the window down:

“Choch! [That’s a nickname for him] that’s not our car!”

He came back around and got into our car, and said:

“I just thought it might be a nicer ride.”

And that’s when we learned that when we arrive back at the car, I will tell him we are behind it, and he can walk down the side to the passenger door.

It’s a process, but we do get a laugh out of it every now and again.

Speaking from firsthand experience, when one door closes and another door opens, you're probably in prison.

In Georgia, jurors  deliberated for two days before finding Travis McMichael, Gregory McMichael, and William Bryan  guilty of committing federal hate crimes and other offenses in the 2020 murder of Ahmaud Arbery.

Wait, it took them two days? These white men chased down a Black man and murdered him because he was jogging in their neighborhood.,

These convictions could add more life sentences to the conviction of the three murderers.

Good.

I saw this on the interwebz the other day and I was torn between the man and the look. I was thinking that if he removed the clothing I could make up my mind.

There is a ‘What’s Happening in Camden’ page on Facebook that I peruse every so often. It’s mostly about lost pets, found pets, and what’s that new building gonna be. Sadly, the page doesn’t have a spell check, or a grammar check or a Southern education check. This was a recent post:

My dog went missing we seen her at neighbors house but neighbors want give her back police was call said since she had no chip or DNA it will be hard getting her back, what should I do now?”

Um, go back to school? This explains why, when I jokingly tell people I was born and raised in South Carolina, and they say I don’t sound like it, that I reply:

“That’s because I graduated from the fifth grade.”

I may get killed one day. 

Edison Fan, an Asian model who created both OMG Sportswear and U-Touch Underwear. He lives as an openly gay model in China, of all places, with his son. But the real question is: Would You Hit It?

22 comments:

  1. (Carlos) (Tuxedo)
    Not a happy day for Ukraine.
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was gonna try to be glib and say something pithy, then I came across Edison Fan. Now I have a severe craving for spring rolls at 8:00a.m.! Glib and pithy went straight out the window! No, I wouldn't hit that. I'd eat that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought Russia was invading Ukraine because Joe Biden upset Adolf Putrid? Now we have a replay of 1939 when Russia and Germany invaded Poland. Let's hope that the good guys win again, but that it takes a lot less time than last time and far fewer deaths.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Official Dicksicle Warmer? You'd probably get assigned to the curling rink. Hey, they get cold too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS I've been to prison and that's exactly how it works. Fortunately I was let out at the end of my visit, along with my Crown Court colleagues.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to warm both Edison's and that other model's dicksicles as a preventive measure. Of course.

    Madison needs to disappear from public life and never, ever hold office again. Ever.

    And I'm with Carlos here, Bob. Sorrrrryyyyy. LOL


    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Carlos-- if I can grab a couple more minutes of sleep, I'm going to!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are days when I can relate to Carlos and wanting to take those extra minutes in bed. Today actually feels like one of them with all of the news coming out of Ukraine and losing our pet rabbit. A lot of crestfallen around the Shifley house.
    We had good laugh about the Frozen Penis Syndrome story as well and I wouldn't lose too much sleep if that turd from North Carolina didn't get on the ballot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. An openly gay man in China? THAT's interesting.

    I hadn't heard about the Olympics "frozen penis" episode. For what it's worth, there were some guys on the Scottish curling team in the previous winter Olympics who were HOT. I haven't watched the games this time around at all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’m proud of you for not intentionally sending Carlos to the wrong car. Although, if Edison Fan is driving... So, a definite YES on that question. AND the guy in the ... um... shirt. Do I get a discount if I order both?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Frostbite on a penis sounds painful, that poor man.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I swear....I will do backflips if Hot Wheels can't get on the ballot!!!! Good riddance I say.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love Carlos!

    Frostbitten penis...now THAT sounds painful.

    You are so right about the stupidity in South Carolina. We're drowning in stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @TDM
    Not a good day for freedom.
    xoxo


    @Deeedles
    He’s kinda dreamy and looks to be a tasty morsel.


    @Helen
    Vlad needs to prove he has a big dick because he has a micro-dick.


    @Debra
    Well, there were some hot guys curling ….


    @Helen
    I was let out, too, after time served!


    @Six
    The world may need more Dicksicle Warmers. Perhaps I should start an agency?
    Madison needs to roll away.
    Sometimes Carlos wins! I’m okay with that.
    xoxo


    @Sadie
    I was just stunned it was TWO MINUTES!!!!!!


    @Mr. Shife
    I just know I’d lie there tick-tocking myself for 120 seconds and getting angry that it wasn’t enough sleep!
    Sorry about the Bunny.
    I would love to see Madison get his ass handed to him for being a traitor.


    @Steve
    That’s what I thought about Edison, and he was married—he and his husband divorced—and he has a child.
    That frozen penis story had me giggling like a naughty schoolboy. And I did see a few hot men curling, so there was that!


    @Mitchell
    I did wait to see if he got the door open ….
    Edison is quite loverly.
    And that model. How do I get in the front row of his next show???


    @Brewella
    I might make him forget the pain????
    @Maddie
    I’ll join you!


    @Jennifer
    Carlos is the best!
    I just love a part of the story that I forgot to mention: this has happened to the same guy before!!!
    South Carolina stuns me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You know, if Remi had kept his penis in his pants, it would never have frozen.

    So, I wonder if Cawthorn's going to appeal?

    And there was another landmark ruling this afternoon up in Minneapolis.

    Thousands were protesting in Russia. Putin has opened the stupid box and will be horribly surprised by what's inside.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Dave
    I think he needs some thermals.
    I don't think Madison has a leg to stand on ... pun intended.
    Good on Minneapolis, too!
    Fuck Putin. Fuck Fox. Fuck the GOP. Fuck TFG.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I see that Pres-for-life Vlad Putrid has the brass neck to claim he wants to de-NAZIfy Ukraine. (So he can replace them with his own 'moderates and liberals', presumably?). I wait to hear the roar of approval to this de-nazification strategy from GOP and others of that ilk.

    ReplyDelete
  18. An extra two minutes of bliss, YES!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I used to "do a Carlos" in the morning if I could stay in bed another couple of minutes. My ex, on the other hand, would set his alarm for 90 minutes early and hit snooze every 5 minutes. It drove me insane!! But I love Choch's sense of humour about the car!

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Raybeard
    Sadly, our GOP will support anything anti-Biden and so they will stand with Vlad!

    @TRavel
    I don't get you people. Two minutes isn't even a doze!!!! =)

    @Treaders
    Two minutes extra will do me no good. I am an alarm goes off and I get up guy.
    And we do need to laugh every so often, so Carlos wanting another ride home was pretty funny!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very sad about the Ukraine. And just powerless. Putin is a terrible human being. Hope he gets his.

    Edison Fan! YAZZZZZZZ. I would spank that in a hot sec. Woot woot.

    I think that is the downfall of social media... the lack of spellcheck. Or people don't care? I am constantly re-reading something I've posted and aghast at how many mistakes I let fly. That said... there are a lot of blogs that simply put it out there and leave the mistakes. I think it's part of the dumbing down of America - like it could get worse???

    Don't like the blouse. But that man!!!!

    The three cops here in Mpls. were all convicted of federal hate crimes, too - from the George Floyd case. Well, at least something works.

    Loved the chuckle! Clever boy.

    I feel for Carlos. How lovely you are there to help. That's what love is all about.

    Frozen penis? Amazed I haven't had it. This winter has been brutal.

    Madison needs to be convicted for the law to apply. Isn't he a total douche?

    Tux will always make more sense than 99.9% of the world.

    Carlos and I are alike in that sense. I will go back for a few minutes. I just have to have them.

    Hope all is well. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
  22. @ uptonking
    I want Putin dead and his supporters in this country punished.
    Edison is dreamy, no?
    That Facebook post wasn’t even a spellcheck issue, it was ignorance.
    I like the blouse OFF the man.
    I’m glad those three cops got theirs.
    Carlos handles it all with ease and grace and a sense of humor. He has bad days, but who doesn’t?
    I’d be a’scurred of a frozen dick!!
    Madison is racist scum.
    Tuxedo is my barometer.
    I cannot go back to bed for a literal two minutes. It would just piss me off that it isn’t longer!!
    We’re good in Smallville, hope you’re doing well, too.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......