Friday, October 08, 2021

I Didn't Say It

Pete Buttigieg, Secretary of Transportation, taking a moment from talking supply chain disruptions and infrastructure, to talk about the joy of being a new dad with his husband Chasten:

“It’s been wonderful. It’s everything people tell you to expect and more. I think the biggest thing that has surprised me is just how much joy there is even sometimes in the hard parts. It’s the most demanding thing I think I’ve ever done. I used to think of 5 a.m. as ‘early,’ now I think of it as ‘nap time,’ if I’m lucky. And yet I catch myself grinning half the time,. We’re just over the moon.”

Love.

Love Pete and Chasten, and Babies Buttigieg.

photo

Pope Francis, on the scale of child sexual abuse within the Catholic church in France:

“There is, unfortunately, a considerable number. I would like to express to the victims my sadness and pain for the trauma that they suffered. It is also my shame, our shame, my shame, for the incapacity of the church for too long to put them at the center of its concerns.”

Hey Frank? Shove your sadness and shame. I don’t think the more than 330,000 French children who were raped by Catholic priests and other church authority figures since 1950 want your shame and sadness.

They want their rapists punished and jailed, along with every member of your church who helped hide this sin.

photo

Lil Nas X, on how the success of Old Town Road gave him the push to come out:

“I don’t think I would have ever came out [but after Old Town Road hit] I honestly felt like it was kind of my duty. Especially if I wanted to move forward. And what I was doing, because authenticity is very real, and I feel like people can see right through that. And that’s a part of me. [But] I felt like [my insecurity with my sexuality] was my fear of people judging me for how I would act post-coming out. I used to ‘like’ comments where people were like, ‘Oh, I like him, because he’s not all in your face about it.’ And then I realized kind of what that was. It’s kind of like when people say, ‘Oh, I have a Black friend,’ and that kind of sits on everything that have to do with their Black history and culture, whatnot. I’m kind of like, I’m not that person, you know?”

This is gonna make me sound old, but that is one smart kid. He did a great service to young people of color by coming out.

We need more of that.

photo

Billie Eilish, trashing Texas lawmakers during a concert in Austin over the state’s new anti-choice law:

“My body, my fucking choice. When they made that shit a law, I almost didn’t want to do the show … because I wanted to punish this fucking place for allowing that to happen here. But then I remembered that it’s you guys that are the fucking victims, and you deserve everything in the world. And we need to tell them to shut the fuck up! Makes me sick how many men say nothing when it comes to women’s rights. If you and your ‘homies’ or bros’ aren’t talking about the abortion laws in Texas, chances are you’re part of a problem.”

Nice, I guess, but I wonder how much more effective her rant would be if she decided not to play in Texas and tell her fans it was because of the law and shew won’t play there until those who created it, and the law itself, are history.

photo

Lisa Boothe, Fox News host, on the news that Merck is seeking authorization for an oral COVID treatment.

“This is all such a scam. We could repurpose ivermectin for so cheap. None of this is about public health, it’s about cashing in or paying in favors for Big Pharma.”

Now, we all suspect these Fox “News” hosts are idiots and here we have actual proof, because Boothe is accusing Merck of trying to profit off COVID with their new drug and wants y’all to take the horse paste instead … which is made by Merck.

Do better, Lisa. I kid, cuz you can’t.

photo

12 comments:

  1. (Pete and Chasten, and Babies Buttigieg)
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love LilNasX. And I'm glad he decided to come out. Such a breath of fresh air. And Billie said that, huh? Gutsy. I think her management would have not been happy had she decided not to play, but the message was effective.
    The Buttegiegs are ADORABLE. All of them.
    And were you expecting Faux News to be consistent? Please.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right; the Catholic church needs to clean up it's act rather than offering thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love the new Lil Nas X and Elton John Commercials, I agree that what Young People boldly do are great examples for their peers, Bravo to this Young Man, they will hopefully change the World with the fearlessness of their Generation. Sadly my Generation thought we'd change the World more than we actually did, as an Old Hippie I've never quit being The Resistance tho'. I Love seeing New Parents experiencing that first Joy of Parenthood firsthand. Yes, it's a tough demanding gig, but so worth it. I've raised Two Generations since we also Raised, then Adopted, Two of our Grandchildren. I couldn't have imagined my Seniors Years otherwise, tho' at my Age it wasn't as effortless as Parenting the Generation before them. *LOL* Making a Statement in Texas, well, at least she tried... I've been to Texas... not surprised they are not pushing back harder, too many are FOR that oppressive Law and support it, putting Leaders in place they knew would do shit like that. All Women should just leave Texas, now THAT would be a strong Statement and bring Texas Men to their fucking knees. An even stronger Statement would be for all Texas Men opposing the Law to leave too. Then we'd see whose left in Texas and know exactly who the problem is. *winks* As for Faux News... they should be Sued for every last Penny and their Hosts should face Civil Lawsuits 'til they're Bankrupted too... AS IF they didn't profit from the Lies and Misinformation they spew constantly for Ratings and $$$ gain... fucking hypocrites pointing fingers at Big Pharma... they're no better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to rant about Religious Leaders being a band of Perverts in so many Religions... it's too pervasive not to be 'known' about, they keep it hidden until it's revealed, then pretend to wring their Hands and offer Shame and Prayers for their numerous Victims. Offering Money is a poor substitute, but I Hope the compensation awarded to Victims is HUGE. A Young Life destroyed by Child Abuse and Sexual Exploitation is forever scarred.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore Billie for speaking up, but money talks first...but your right, much more noble had she told them to go fuck themselves and cancalled.

    And the Pope? Fuck him. I hope the whole St. Peter's Basilica and Vatican collapses into the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Defund Fox News

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Buttigieg's are so cute!

    The pathetic truth about Catholicism.

    Lil's Nas rocks!

    Not really an Eilish fan.

    Fox? What in hell is Fox?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa Boothe ouch! Foot in mouth disease. Merck got a cure for that?

    I think it is great she played there... it gave her an opportunity to rant at ground zero. And what she said? Spot on. Though, if you are stupid enough to actually live in Texas... you are not a victim.

    Lil Nas X - my favorite visionary. Hope he continues to tear things up!

    P. Francis. Meh. It's like offering prayers after a school shooting, am I right? Lets outlaw all religions.

    Pete and Chasten... yeah, but... really? Anyone who wants a kid these days? Well... NOT ME! Good luck, chumps.

    Thanks for the feed. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to Pete and Chasten.

    The Catholic Church should not be permitted to do their own policing and punishing. Screw THEIR sadness and pain.

    Lil Nas X is a gift to us all.

    I agree with you about Billie Ellish. Any good people in Texas can hear her music if they choose. If she wants to support them and maybe effect change, she shouldn’t perform there.

    Lisa Boothe is another loathsome Fox-idiot. By the way, Lisa, Ivermectin is also made by “Big Pharma.”

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eye-rolling at Lisa Boothe. And loving the quote and the pic of Pete and Chasten. More power to 'em, but I couldn't do it!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......