Thursday, October 07, 2021

Bobservations

This is one of those hard posts to write, you know, admitting a terrible truth because you simply cannot hold it in any longer, lest it continue to damage your psyche. So, um, yeah, here goes … Carlos has become Donald … dear god, I don’t know if I can say it … he’s Thing 45.

See, Carlos has joined a group promoting HIV testing and awareness for the Latino community in South Carolina. The group will be run within the guidelines of the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control [DHEC] and Carlos is one of the group leaders. Of course, I was so proud of him and his desire to help and educate people, especially in an underserved community, but then he became … Thing 45.

The group was asked to create a logo  and they reached out to a local graphic artist who produced several ideas. I have a background in graphic arts and Carlos showed me some of the samples. I picked one and explained why I thought it best, but, after a group vote, another logo was chosen, and that was where Carlos turned to the Orange Side.

He did not like the outcome of that election, and so he began plotting a new election that might give him the results he wanted and said that some of the people who voted may not have seen all that they needed to see, and so their votes didn’t count.

Yes, my husband perpetuated a Big Lie. He’s Thing 45 … and, good goddess, does that mean  I’m Melanie????

On the upside, the logo chosen that he didn’t like, and neither did I, was nixed by DHEC as looking too political and so it was redone, and now Carlos likes it and has stopped demanding a recount.

In a nutshell, and Texas is all nutshell, guns are good, but being able to vote easily and fairly is bad.

Once more for the people in the back, raising the debt ceiling is not about preventing the government from spending more money, it’s about paying back money the government already spent, like the $7.8 trillion in debt that Thing 45 and the complicit GOP racked up in the last four years.

The GOP will fuck America rather than pay its bills.

The tide may be changing … in Kansas, Ian Camacho organized a protest on behalf of Look Ahead America to nonviolently express his views and meet people seeking justice for the January 6th insurrectionists.

Five people showed up.

Seriously.

US District Court Judge Robert Pitman has blocked enforcement of Texas' new abortion law, saying that from the moment it went into effect "women have been unlawfully prevented from exercising control over their lives in ways that are protected by the Constitution."

Smack.Down.

After news of yet another school shooting in Texas, Ted Cruz offered thoughts and prayers for about ten seconds, and then said, “We are here today because of the Biden border crisis."

The GOP stops caring about children once they’re out of the womb.

Former White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham on Monday said it was a mistake to work for the former President.

Not a mistake, however, was to write a book and try to make some money off a bad decision, eh Steph?

Piss off.

I found this kind of shocking, but this week, for the first time in history, the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier was guarded by an all-female team.

Better far too late than never.

Carlos has always wanted to live in Scotland and now so do I.

This week Scotland has made history by becoming the first country in the world to make teaching LGBTQ+ history in schools mandatory.

Good news!

In this week’s edition of Would You Hit It we have Aleksandar Rusić, a German fashion model who has worked for everyone from Giorgio Armani and Carlo Pignatelli to Calvin Klein and Dolce & Gabbana.

But that matters not: Would YOU hit it? 

15 comments:

  1. The Carlos story?!? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The best part of the post every week!

    I despise Texas more each day. Nothing they do makes any sense. A shame we can't just cut that state off. The lunacy is astounding.

    Never mind under the dump, he raised the debt ceiling like three times didn't he?

    Kudos to Scotland!!!!! That is truly amazing. We'll never sadly see that here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's hope for Carlos yet; he did not continue with his fraudit claims and accepted majority rule.

    It's cold in Scotland and the black flies infest the country most of the summer. Although I am Scottish by descent I have never been there. Don't tell the UK government or they'll try and throw me out as an immigrant, although my great grandfather came down to London (where he wasted his gilt on wine, women and song and left my grandfather an orphan of the city of London).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This may sound subversive, but... I think Carlos was onto something? And for a second there I imagine your house all red for xmas (Melanoma's idea) and screamed a little.
    And I can't with the stupidity and sefl-destruction bent in Texas and Florida. Can't.
    The answer is yes, repeatedly. For the hitting that gorge thing.


    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Carlos! What a relief he was saved from the Dark Side!

    ReplyDelete
  5. At first, I thought perhaps Carlos had gotten an orange spray tan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. (Carlos) (Tuxedo)
    Glad Carlos has pulled back
    from Thing.45!
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had me worried about Carlos but glad it was only temporary.
    However, you would be a much better First Lady, Bob.
    Texas is just nuts. Don't understand their logic down there but maybe it is because I use critical thinking and can actually think for myself.
    Have a great rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous3:47 PM

    If Carlos becomes 45 and you become Melanoma, check your kidneys.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you Melanoma? I don't know. Did you buy an expensively styled wig?

    I don't if the tide is turning as much as people are just fed up with it, at least the sane minded.

    Texas was hoping this would happen so they could go to the Supreme Court... again.

    You and Carlos is kilts? If you go, send pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so old I wouldn't hit it, but I would stun it and turn it over to my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Maddie
    He had me scared about that count the vote mess!
    Texas has long wanted to secede, so let ‘em do it.

    @Helen
    But to think that he tried to Big Lie!

    @Six
    Carlos was SO off, and I couldn’t live with my house if it looked Melanie!
    Aleksandar is all kinds of deliciousness, no?
    xoxo

    @Mitchell
    I don’t know what I would have done!!!

    @Debra
    Luckily, no!!!

    @TDM
    He was ALMOST orange!!!!

    @Mr Shife
    I certainly wouldn’t destroy the Rose Garden or put up hideous Christmas decorations!
    You’re right on about Texas and thinking.

    @Anon
    It looks like we dodged that bullet!

    @Dave
    I could so NOT be Melanie, because I DO care!
    Carlos already rocks a kilt on occasion.

    @Anne
    Hit it, stun it, and then turn it over to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll hit it if he doesn't talk. I don't like a German accent. If you are Melania, then you need ridiculously high heels and loads of makeup. Ted Cruz is such an ass. I'm not too surprised Topekans didn't show up. They're conservative and apathetic.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  13. A little context is needed for that tweet... or am I dense?

    Bob? Don't you have any real looking men in that pic file of yours? These mannequins? Meh.

    I had no idea Scotland was so progressive. I assumed they were Ireland 2.0. So I have always been afraid to go.

    Grisham is a horrible human being. Wrong side of everything.

    When Ted Cruz opens his mouth stupid can be far behind...

    Making note: send one muffin basket to Judge Robert Pitman...

    Huh. I think the campaign graphics are very confusing. Justice for J6 - meaning lock them all up, right?

    Love the debt increase during presidency graphic. Why is THAT not on the national news? Hmmm? That's something rather simple and easy to understand. You know, as opposed to not telling the whole story... and the far right think THEY have problems with the media?

    I can't wait until the world goes green and there is no need for oil and Texas goes belly up. F 'em.

    You as Melanie? Only if it's a remake of Gone With The Wind! Does this mean your ripped all the roses out of your garden?

    ReplyDelete
  14. My son and his wife took a trip to Scotland (from Switzerland) just before the pandemic erupted and absolutely fell in love with it. It was on my list of places to visit when I finally get to go back to the UK sometime, although goodness knows it might be independent by then!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Janie
    Yeah, the accent might be a bit much.
    I think I dodged going the Full Melanie.
    About Kansas? Right? I mean, if they didn’t show up in one of the square states in the middle, maybe times are changing? Fingers crossed.

    @upton
    The Tweet refers to the subpoenas sent to Thing 45 cronies regarding1/6/2021 and how that are all hiding so as not to be served.
    One man’s mannequin is another man’s dream boat. These are not all men I would hit, but just asking a question.
    Cheers to Scotland.
    Grisham wants to be the hero telling stories, but really she’s just the woman who goose-stepped along and is now trying to cash in.
    Fled Cruz can fuck all the way off. Vile little toad.
    Pittman pulled no punches in his ruling. Good on him.
    To that group justice means letting traitors run free.
    Psaki showed that graphic at a press conference and it went viral on social media, but not on the news, which makes ZERO sense.
    I don’t get why the average American doesn’t demand we go green. Life would be simpler, I think.
    Luckily, he wasn’t Thing 45 long enough for me to go FULLL Melanie!
    xoxo

    @Treaders
    Scotland’s on our list, too. Everything I’ve read or seen about it makes me want to go.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......