Thursday, May 27, 2021

Bobservations

Carlos is a little lost with the iPhone. Every couple of days he’ll ask me how to do this or that; how to edit a photo, share a photo; hot to get an app. But, because he’s Carlos, the one thing he figured out on his own was how to change Siri’s gender and place of origin. His Siri is no longer some innocuous pleasant-sounding women, but an English gentleman, and this provides me hours of fun.

Carlos, when he can’t find his phone, calls out for Siri, and I usually respond in my own English accent:

“Sod off, ya bloody wanker, I’m right where you left me.”

But the best was the night Carlos hummed a melody and asked me the name of the song; now, while he’s musical, his signing-humming voice is less than perfect and I had no idea the tune; so, he held up Siri and asked her him, and he responded:

“I don’t know what you’re asking of me.”

Carlos was not amused and asked again and got the same response, and it was hard to tell who was angrier …Carlos or Lord Siri.

To be fair, the “essential workers” in Tuxedo’s life are the ones who put food in his dish, who let him nap of the table on the deck after a walkabout in the yard, and who hold him on their shoulders so he can sleep. But, then again, he’s always grateful.

After his breakup with Jennifer Lopez—and her mad dash to ReBoot Affleck—Alex Rodriguez is going for a glow up by teaming with Hims & Hers—the beauty company he and JLo invested in before busting up—to develop the brand’s first makeup for men:

“I wanted to create a product that solved an issue I faced every day. I realized as I was jumping from meeting to meeting, I needed something quick and easy in my routine to conceal blemishes or razor bumps.”

I think he stayed too long at the JLo.

Tim Keller, mayor of Albuquerque, New Mexico, put up a joke sign given to him by “The Daily Show” refusing checks from Thing #45:

“Just to clarify, we would accept one check from him for the amount of roughly $200,000 for services rendered.”

Keller says the city never received $200,000 it tried to charge his campaign for a rally he hosted during his presidency because … grifters gonna grift.

I had a dream the other night that Kim Kardastrophe and I shared a storage space and she was trying to get me to get my stuff out of it. That’s all.

Before leaving office, Barack Obama gave Thing #45 a warning about Michael Flynn.

Not surprisingly, Thing #45 ignored him, and made Flynn his National Security Adviser, and then fired him  for lying to Pence, after which Flynn pled guilty to lying to the FBI, before Thing #45 pardoned him. And since then, Flynn literally took the QAnon oath, has become increasingly unhinged about COVID, which he thinks was invented to help steal the 2020 election.

How did this ass become a general? Was he always an insane fuck or did he lose his mind? And to think the virus was created so Joe Biden could be elected President? If that was true, why didn’t the former guy attack the thing even harder and save the world and thus fund himself reelected?

Crazy fucker.

Has anyone else noticed that not one person in the country has said they miss Michael Elizabeth Pence? That speaks volumes about his political future.

It seems Texas Governor Greg Abbott, a Republican because of course, knew about the  looming natural gas shortages before a deep freeze plunged much of the state into blackouts a few months back, but did nothing while people died except to blame windmills.

Texas? For the love of the goddess, do better and remove this fool from office.

The co-worker who hoards gas and toilet paper told me this week that I didn’t need to wear the mask. I told her that, yes, outside, away from people, I don’t, but inside, where social distancing is hard, I do, until I’ve had my second prick.

And then this bitch tells me she has been vaccinated twice—though she never ever mentioned she was getting the vaccine—and said I was safe. I asked to see her vaccine card and she told me she didn’t have to show it. I reminded her that if she really had one, she wouldn't mind showing it.

Next up: socially distancing from the fucking stupid cuz there’s no vaccine for that!

I don't follow her on Twitter, because ...dumb, but I did see a Lauren Boebert Tweet where she announced that her was “Patriot”.

I replied: 

And it's spelled 'f-u-c-k-i-n-g i-d-i-o-t"

And it is.

It took the GQP leaders McCarthy and McConnell over five days to condemn Marjorie Taylor Greene for saying that wearing a mask is the same as sending Jews to the gas chamber. Let that sink in.

Another mass shooting in America, this time in San Jose. That’s all. I have no comment because those people in power don’t give  flying fuck about gun control as long as their pockets are lined with blood money, and the American people don’t seem to want to demand that Congress do something.

Lucas Cruz, another hot male model from España. With those baby blues and that mop of hair, he’s all kinds of dreamy.

19 comments:

  1. I think a series of You tube clip of Carlos and Lord Suri might be entertaining Bob.

    I have written Texas off for many reasons. So one of my commenters said on a post on my blog the other day, let's take that wall 45 built and and put it around Texas! Best idea yet!!!!!

    And I have no hope with a grand jury and 45. I still think it will be a huge belly flop and nothing will come of it. Just like the crimes and things the GQP says. I just about over politics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I must be even more incompetent with my phone than Carlos; my new phone will not download to my computer, it won't work when the person you've called asks you to press one for an appointment, two for....you get the drift.

    I was chatting to one of the drivers who delivers my groceries every week and he says that back during lockdown the roads were nice and quiet and driving from customer to customer was fine. Now it's back to gunning your vehicle so you don't have to let someone in, hooting at anyone else on the road who dares to be in front of you and drving at 95 miles per hour (not me, I stick to 90).

    ReplyDelete
  3. So little time and so many choices. I choose Carlos, El Gato Guapo and yummy Lucas.
    Side note: My friend got frustrated with Siri and called her stupid. Siri vocally pouted and said "That's not nice". Creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (Carlos) (Tuxedo)
    Chortles to the sign in New Mexico.
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, the Grand Jury. I hope they nail Cheeto's ass.
    Tuxedo, as always, right. I want to slap all the idiots who think 'essential workers' should be praised but not paid what they deserve.
    The GQP is a cesspool of stupidity and fuckery. Just look at that Bobbert (typo and it stays) woman and Three-Name-Karen. Despicable the lot of them.
    Hola, Lucas! Mi número es....

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Hillary picture! I bet she's lapping it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Debra
    We always listen to Tuxedo!

    @Maddie
    The Carlos and Lord Siri podcast? It could be a thing.

    @Helen
    Perhaps you need a Lord Siri??

    @Deedles
    I'm all business with Siri. I don't need my phone mad at me.

    @TDM
    Nice to see a politician with a sense of humor, and a side of turth!

    @Six
    I'd love to see him under oath and selling out Junior and The Dumb One to protect himself and Ivanka.
    Praise don't pay the rent, henny.
    Lucas had me at the eyes.
    xoxo

    @Treaders
    I'd like to think so! I mean, she warned us all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tim is very fond of say "We can't fix stupid, but we can medicate the hell out of it." He's funny that way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that tweet. OH. I miss her. I know she was dull as dishwater... but I like doing dishes by hand. Wait.. what AM I saying there? Hmmm.

    Lucas. If he wore those tighty whities I would happily put him over my knees and smack his azz good and hard. Then I would ask that he work out in said tighty whities before gifting them to me, as is. :P

    Guns. Here in Minneapolis - just last week - three kids under the age of TEN were shot in the HEAD. In one week. It was drive-by stuff and the kids were just in the way. Oh, one of them died. So... yeah. Gun control. Really. We SHOULD think about it. Azzhats.

    McCarthy and McConnell were really, really busy obstructing progress, standing in the way of positive change, covering up for traitors and orange ogres and, above all else? LYING. Making up lies is in their job descriptions (along with grifting, appointing spouses to money winning positions, etc.) So, small surprise that the got around to condemning their current poster girl. Also, they got a lot of flack the last time they chastised one of their female colleagues, so you can hardly blame them for being GUN shy.

    You know who IS the new Sarah Palin? Nikki Haley - the women who quit being governor to lead the US at the UN and then she quit THAT job in less than a year. So..? How she's never finished anything she's started which makes her Sarah Palin.

    Do you have an HR department, dear? Start documenting. Your co-worker is evil.

    Greg Abbott will get his. I'm thinking in the form colon cancer... but, I never wish on others what I would not wish on myself so... this is just a hunch I wanted put out there.

    Mother is very angry. Mike now spends his days under the stairs. He is fed only once a day, mostly leavings from the Orange Ogre's table. But Mother is very angry. And Mikey must pay.

    Mike Flynn is a NUT JOB? SAY WHAAAAAT? Two words. Colon. Cancer.

    Hmm. Kim, huh? I imagine one day, if there is any justice in the world, she'll be turning tricks in a storage unit. Just a hunch.

    Did that Azzhat pay any of his bills? I think he still owes Minneapolis, too. Why isn't there a class action law suit against him?

    Okay, so I was like... EWWW. Thinking about men wearing make-up. But think of what we demand of women? If we ask it of them, then it makes sense that we would ask it of men. You know.. like CHILD BIRTH, for example.

    Tux is so dead on. Grifters want it both ways... which means they are piggy in the middle!

    Carlos. So cute. Give him a hug.

    Kizzes. Thanks, Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So...iPhone reflections: Siri is mostly useless when you really need answers; I find myself swearing at her most of the time and she never apologizes for being useless. We were in Arizona recently an Leon's iPhone7 displayed a message, "Cellular update failed; your iPhone cannot make or receive calls or access cellular data until it has been updated. LEARN MORE." Which of course you could not learn more because the phone could no longer use cellular data. So using my iPhone SE I was able to determine that this is a glitch with certain iPhone7s and trying to resolve the issue after more than an hour of multiple inputs of AppleIDs, passwords, redirects the session "timed out" and I was beyond frustrated....

    As a somewhat new New Mexico resident, I hope Albuquerque gets paid, but I won't hold my breath.

    Guns! How many mass shootings so far this year? Don't answer that question. Way too many. And the State of TexASS has the nerve to pass a "no license, no background check, no training, no proficiency requirement to open/conceal carry. BUT THEY STILL REQUIRE A FISHING LICENSE!

    Not only should every firearm be licensed, but they should require liability insurance as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! I laughed so hard at the Hilary meme. I'm stealing it for facebook. But p.s. though I'd love to see it, I'm not hopeful anything will stick to Thing 45.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hillary made me laugh... loudly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @BloggerJoe
    I like that idea!

    @uptonking
    I agree about Hillary.
    I like your plan with Lucas.
    I am so over this so-called gun debate in this country.
    The McC’s are two lying hypocritical bitches.
    I dunno about Nikki; she’s not nearly as dumb as Boebert, but she’s close.
    My co-worker is a moron. Luckily I can work from home often, and when I do go in she’s not usually there.
    No one likes Mikey. Not even Mother because she so wants to be First Lady.
    Mike Flynn needs a 5150 hold.
    I have no idea where that dream came from but I remember my conscious self experiencing the dream and wondering WTF my unconscious self was up to!
    Thing $5 doesn’t pay bills. Or taxes.
    I just find it funny that A-Rod went into the makeup biz. You know he did it for JLo and then she dumped for a rehash.
    Tuxedo is spot on. I really use him as my advisor on most things.
    Carlos makes me chuckle.
    Xoxo

    @Frank
    Luckily, our Siri is actually quite helpful, though Carlos’ Lord Siri has difficulty with his accent. Carlos once dictated a text and ended with “Gracias” and Lord Siri translated it as :Gracious.”
    I’m 100% with having gun owners needing insurance, and licensing and training.

    @Boots
    Steal away.
    I, too, think Thing 45 will be unscathed but I holdout a little hope he or his demon spawn will be punished.

    @Dave
    Hillary nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wait! Carlos knows how to take pictures with his iPhone?!? He's lightyears ahead of SG! Wanna swap?

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Mitchell
    Well, he tries. He mostly gets shots of his fingers and the floor!
    SG and Carlos: brothers from another mother.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've got to think that Hillary Clinton, deep down, is so bloody relieved not to have won the election. Worse for all of us, but better for her.

    Re. Flynn, it's scary how many apparently capable and intelligent (albeit perhaps slimy) people believe in Q-Anon. Sometimes I think I live in an alternate universe, but in reality I suppose THEY do.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Steve
    I think she might have liked being president, if only to save us from Thing 45.

    Flynn, slimy. That's the best description.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Start with a giggle, end with a laugh, thanks we needed that!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......