Thursday, May 20, 2021

Bobservations

Y’all know Carlos has vision and hearing issues, right? Well, the other day, we were running errands and taking our recyclables and such to the Recycling Center. We loaded up the car and, as usual, got Ozzo to come along for the ride. But Ozzo, roughly 16 or 17 years old, has become a little hard of hearing, and having his own vision issues and it's a whole thing to get him into the car. As we drove to the recycling center, I told Carlos that Ozzo was definitely his dog because they are so much alike, and that’s when I realized I had a new name for Carlos:

“Carlozzo.”

He was not amused.

Tuxedo doesn’t wanna tell y’all how to vote, but he does think you’ve been getting it wrong for years.

The Italian release of the Oscar-winning thriller Promising Young Woman has been after the Italian-language version of the film used a male voice actor Roberto Pedicini to dub the role of Gail played by trans actor Laverne Cox.

In 2021, someone thought a trans female should be dubbed by a man.

The march goes on …

So, we had the pipeline hack last week and gas shortages all over the South with people waiting in line forever just to fill up, and hoard up. I only work away from home three days a week and my roundtrip commute is 6 miles, so I has plenty of gas and wasn’t worried.

But a co-worker said she had filled up her car and bought three extra-large gas cans and filled those up, too, because, as she said, “You never know.” I smiled at her little dimwitted face and asked:

“You’re still sitting on over a hundred rolls of toilet paper from last spring, aren’t you?”

Judging from the look on her face, I was right.

Joel Osteen was on the Today show saying:

“Don’t focus on what you have or don’t have.”

This from a man who owns a mansion, Ferrari, and a jet, and who took a $4.4 million federal PPP loan. This from a man of God who had to be shamed into opening his church after a hurricane for the people who were displaced from their homes. This from a  man whose net worth is estimated at $100M.

Perhaps Joel focuses too much on what he has.

The other day Carlozzo—gosh, that makes me smile—and I drove out to Costco for our Every-Five-Weeks-Shopping trip. We get out there early to avoid the crowds and the morons, but, apparently, at least one moron had the same idea.

I was standing in the meat section, looking at the pork tenderloin. We usually buy a large one and cut it into pork chops ourselves and save a couple of bucks. While looking, a woman came right up to me, right up on me, and reached in front and around me to grab a tenderloin. I backed up and gave her a look and then she inched onto me, which, sorry, I couldn’t help myself:

“Excuse me? Am I invisible?”

She gave me a look like she had no idea what I meant. Cut to Carlozzo and I headed to the checkout, and as we near a checker, I hear a voice alongside me, saying:

“I’ll just slip in ahead of you because I have just a few things.”

I turned. It was the moron. I said:

“No, thanks, I’m already here.”

She looked at me. Something clicked in her pea brain. She remembered. I felt better.

Alabama lawmakers ended their legislative session without a vote on one of the most controversial bills before them: a measure to outlaw gender-affirming medical treatments for transgender minors.

Now, before you go all ‘Woo hoo Alabama,’ let me tell you that the bill died because it was placed at the end of a debate agenda and lawmakers were tired and ready to go home.

It wasn’t the idea that the law would have been hateful and hate-filled, it’s because politicians are lazy and hungry in Alabama.

If you still don’t believe the GOP is terrified of Thing #45, howsabout this: he has ordered … ordered … the GOP to resist setting up a 9/11-style bipartisan commission to investigate the MAGAt riot at the Capitol in January.

Imagine the outrage from the right if, once out of office, Obama had given the Democrats an order. That says volumes about the complicit GOP and what they’re willing to do to this country for a con man.

Fuck.Them.All.

This is Hugo Soriano Tudela, a model from Spain. That’s all I know about him, and that’s really all I need, know what I mean?

19 comments:

  1. Thing 45 IS A taint!!!!!

    Carlozzo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rather sounds like an Italian Model.....

    But they don't need a hearing Bob...it was just tourist out of control....

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha I agree with Maddie. Carlozzo sounds like the name of an Italian model who used to be a soccer star but now collects Bentleys in his free time and has his own fragrance.
    The GQP is Qorange at this point. No doubt about it. Hope it is their demise.
    The onslaught on Trans kids is shameful and desperate. It needs to be stopped.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, that spanish model hugo! ay carumba, mucho caliente!

    you should have run over that costco twunt with your cart.

    your co-worker is a MAGAt.

    YAYZ tuxedo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is it about shops that ends up with people losing their minds and manners just to save 1 minute overall and, ten to one, buy a load of stuff they don't need?

    As for Italy - don't forget it's still run by the Roman Catholic church, so nothing happens without curial approval.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, if Carlos wasn't amused, imagine how Ozzie felt!

    Roberto Pedicini?!? Have you heard his voice? How ridiculous, offensive, ignorant, and just plain stupid.

    Hugo was a finalist in the Mr. Valencia competition in 2016. He didn't even win, if you can believe that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know why, but grocery store rudeness always seems much more aggressive than other sorts of rude behavior.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carlozzo? See, I didn't think Italian model. My mind went to a nice, savory pasta dish. At a certain age, food horniness comes more often than.... never mind.
    I think that nitwit co-worker of yours will probably need all of that toilet paper to clean up the gas she'll spill all over the place. I see an explosion in her future.
    Love that tweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carlozzo... cute.

    Ah, yes, Benghazi... this is their karma.

    Italy has a problem, perhaps it's because they're all Catholic.

    Osteen believes his wealth is his reward from God.

    Hugo? Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dunno why anybody would go to a Starbucks.

    Hugo looks best with scruff.

    That the orange ogre is still calling the shots tells you just how rudderless the GQP are. What a mess. Destroy the Repuglican Party.

    Alabama makes Iowa look like a liberal sanctuary. Naw. They both suck.

    At Costco? Was her name Karen? I love how privileged people just assume everybody else needs to put up with their BS. Good for you! More power to you!

    Joel Osteen's karma is coming... just bide our time. He's so out of control and out of touch... it's just a matter of time...

    People like you co-worker amaze me. What is the thought process? I mean, heaven forbid they should go without... like 50% of the rest of the citizens of this planet do every day of their lives. Privileged people's problems.

    Wow. Poor Laverne Cox. She should sue.

    Tuxedo makes a point and why the Dems don't make the same point is beyond me. I sometimes think the Dems are simply incapable of drawing conclusions, making comparisons, or calling out BS.

    Carlozzo... well, now. THAT's a runway name if I ever heard it. Strut your stuff, Carlozzo!

    Thanks for the feed, Bob. I just eat it up. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete

  10. @Maddie
    Hmmm …now that you mention it …Carlozzo!
    I am sick of these asshats calling this tourists and peaceful, while they hid behind doors.

    @Six
    I like your ideas about Carlozzo!
    Picking on trans kids makes these faux Christians feel good. Fuck ‘em all.
    Xoxo

    @AM
    Hugo is all kinds of dreamy, just like Carlozzo!
    I lived for the look on that woman’s face when I wouldn’t let her push in front of me.
    My co-worker just buys the bull shit. Sad.

    @Helen
    Just a self-entitled ass who doesn’t want to be bothered by manners or civility.

    @Mitchell
    I don’t think Ozzo heard, or saw, me!
    Just the idea of asking a man, any man, to dub the role of GAIL in a film, where Gail is played by a woman, is vile.
    Hugo’s a winner in my book.

    @Debra
    Masked as a Christian.

    @brewella
    I agree. And I am really getting tired of the rudeness.

    @Deedles
    Carlozzo is a tasty morsel.
    My co-worker is a self-entitled little b … she’s a loon.
    The Tweet is funny cuz it’s true!

    @Dave
    ‘The GQP either doesn’t see, or doesn’t care, about their hypocrisy. Oh, who am I kidding, they don’t care.

    @upton
    We just got our first Starbucks in Smallville a couple of years ago, though the City Council said it could not be opened downtown. I like that; we usually head to the local bookstore coffee shop if we’re in the mood for java!
    I agree with scruff.
    I wonder how many will do Thing #45’s bidding when he’s in jail?
    I didn’t catch her name, but she caught my drift.
    Alabama. F ‘em.
    I would love to see Joel Osteen go down … on a man … and then lose everything.
    Even worse, is that the 30 or 40 gallons she bought were unnecessary because the “crisis” lasted three days.
    I think the studio, the people who chose the male actor, and the male actor who agreed to voice the role of a woman, should all be dragged to Laverne’s house and forced to beg her forgiveness.
    I’d like Tuxedo to run for office.,
    Carlozzo didn’t care for the nickname at first, but telling him that people think he sounds like a hot model, and now he eats it up!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. (Carlozzo) (Tuxedo)
    Chortle to Starbucks tweet!
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Let me jump in here:

    *Every person in congress should be onboard for the commission on what happened on 1/6. We had an attempt to stop/overthrow our democracy. But we had Republicans turn around ON THE SAME DAY vote to not certify the election. Benghazi is a prime example of what these deplorable Republicans will do. I get so exhausted by all the Republican shenagins. One would think things would subside one the evil one was out of office. But the R's are doubling down on stupidy. And for what?

    *I read that Starbucks post somewhere else. I used to visit a coffee shop in Alexandria, VA that had certain tables reserved for laptop use. The rest were open to creating, facilitate conversation, getting to know your neighbor. They inforced the designations.

    *The model is cute. I would love chest a little hair. But I would not throw him out of bed. Now if he snores all bets are off. Daddy needs his rest.

    *Costco-that lady would have heard from me as well. I have been around for a minute and some folks these days amaze me. It's all about me and what I want. Yes, that may be true SOME of the time but NOT all the time.

    *I would have loved to been in the room when they made the decision to dub Laverne's voice like a man. What the hell were they thinking. Are they implying/thinking that all trans are men in disguise? No dear! They are women. They should sound like women. Laverne needs to pay them a visit and give them an in-service.

    *We worship at the feet of Tuxedo. One damn smart cat. She makes the home run.

    *Carlozzo is up for a Nobel. I know it.

    Be well,

    Victor
    xo






    ReplyDelete

  13. So good to catch up with you, Bob, and your bobservations which always make me smile and feel better.
    Please tell me we can all look forward to adjoining incarceration facilities for the unmentionable one and his lackeys in the House and Senate.
    I know, let's start with Kevin and Mitch. What a nice pair to move in with Agent Orange. They all "richly" deserve each other.
    Onward, Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @TDM
    Starbucks without a laptop or phone????Madness!!!

    @Victor
    The GQP are traitors to this country, and as for that whole Blue Lives Matter BS?F**k em.
    It's just sickening that a group of people said, "Let that GUY dub Laverne." Tone deaf fools.
    Lastly, be very careful ... Tuxedo is a male cat and he is not amused!

    @Sheila
    It'd be nice to get a group rate on GQP traitors getting locked up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Some days, people make me turn my head and stare

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dearest Bob:

    Please don't cancel me! :)

    Yes, Tuxedo is a male. Please extend my apologies. And give him an extra treat on my behalf.

    Best,

    Victor

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your comeback to the woman in that shop! I could never think that fast, sadly!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That woman at the supermarket! What is WRONG with people?!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......