Saturday, May 11, 2024

Why Is It ...

… that I often think being abducted by aliens might be just the vacation I need?

… that I feel like I just need 8 to 12 hours of alone time in the mornings and then I’m recharged and ready to tackle the day.

… that the night before a day off is more satisfying than the actual day off?

… that I’m at a point in my life where I don’t even know the point I’m at, but know that I am at a point?

… that I love being the reason Nuns clutch their rosaries when I pass by?

… that when I hear noises in the house, I pray that they’re ghosts and not just another problem I need to spend money on to fix?

… that much like a houseplant I can be given perfect conditions and yet still refuse to thrive?

… that after seeing a quote that said “You did not wake up today to be mediocre,” my first thought was, “Yes, I did. It’s Tuesday.”

… that I have two milestones each day at work: lunch and leaving?

25 comments:

  1. Ghosts and aliens, eh? Sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aussieguy9:02 AM

    All good ones! I always look forward to a long weekend, a vacation or any time away from, well, life, knowing that reality will come crashing back all too soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A reality break is often necessary!

      Delete
  3. Anonymous9:05 AM

    the dog's mother
    Ghosts!!
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things that go bump in the night aren't always the "house settling."
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. Why is it that my pill box is the best way for me to keep track of which day of the week it is?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Saturdays! Aliens and ghosts ... I'm right there with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's either ghosts or aliens or murderers, and I'd prefer the first two.

      Delete
  6. My life!

    … that much like a houseplant I can be given perfect conditions and yet still refuse to thrive?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes think thriving is overrated.

      Delete
  7. Some days at work making it to lunch time while maintaining sufficient workplace decorum (i.e. not saying whst you actually may be thinking) is an accomplishment!

    Set the bar low enough and you too can be a super achiever!

    Will Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like a low bar ... with a good cocktail menu!

      Delete
  8. I have four milestones. Two coffee breaks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang, I forgot the coffee breaks!

      Delete
  9. The noises in the house is the one that most resonates with me. Moving into a new place that has been vacant for nearly a year has been expensive.
    One day Bob, those two milestones will be in the rearview mirror. Retirement is the best job you'll ever have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking toward that retirement day, though I doubt I'd ever really stop working, or volunteering or something.

      Delete
  10. I have often thought of being abducted by aliens to get away from here might not be a bad thing. But then there are those anal probes....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you might like an anal probe on occasion? I mean, things could be worse.

      Delete
  11. I'm sure I wake every day to be mediocre. It is quite satisfying and not difficult to meet my self expectations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mediocre CAN be okay from time to time; I kinda like it.

      Delete
  12. Sounds like you need a vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh definitely! The night before a day off is always more satisfactory than the actual day off, because once you get through that day, you know it's back to routine.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......