Friday, May 24, 2024

I Didn't Say It ...

Maria Shriver, journalist, reacting to Buttker’s speech:

“I’m happy for Mr. Butker’s wife, Isabelle, that she’s happy in her chosen vocation/ Good for her. But she should let her husband know that not all women can make that choice, even if they wanted to. Most families can’t get by without both parents working/ It’s a luxury to get the choice she has gotten. The vast majority of women have to put food on the table, while also raising kids, caring for aging parents, running companies, running for office to give us a better world … the list goes on! And men, well, are they really the ones who set the tone for the culture? Can we not all set the tone for the future? Women, men, gay, straight—of course we can! I will not tell Mr. Butker to stick to kicking but I would suggest next time he speaks to women first and listens to someone with a clearer take on where most women find themselves in 2024.”

Sadly, men like Butker don’t listen … especially to women. But he can live the life he wants, and have the kind of wife he wants, but he cannot say that women need to strive to be married and have children because that’s their truth.

The truth is that Butker is a professional athlete and a lot of professional athletes cheat on their wives with other women, and perhaps in Butker’s case, other men. So, when he decides to dump his stay-at-home-raise-my-children-do-as-I-say wife to get with his latest piece, know that since you wanted her never to work, that you will be talking care of her financially for the rest of her life and yet will no longer have any say in how she lives that life.

photo

Lindsey Graham, South Carolina's GOP Senator and former Miss Cotton-Tail 1973, on Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito flying an upside-down American flag at his house following the insurrection at the US Capitol:

“I don’t know what role―he said his wife was insulted and got mad―I assume that be true, but he’s still a Supreme Court justice. And, you know, people have to realize that moments like that, to think it through.”

Alito and 'think it through'? Not ever happening. And, like any good rightwingnut, Alito blamed his wife for putting up the flag after a dispute with neighbors over “insulting language” on yard signs. Yeah, Mrs. Alito climbed a ladder to the second floor of their house and hung that flag.

Fuck off, Sammy.

photo

Patrick Mahomes, Butker’s Kansas City Chiefs teammate, giving a toast at the Time100 Gala:

"I'd like to raise a glass to a new era in sports. A era where women's sports is getting the attention it deserves. The real reason you should care about women's sports is because they're incredible. The talent, the narratives, the personalities in women's sports has it all and I think people are finally starting to figure that out. The women's NCAA championship was ESPNs most viewed college basketball game ever. I'm proud of the part my family has played in this movement. As a co-owner of the Kansas City Current, my wife, Brittany, is working hard to grow women's soccer and broaden the path for young athletes, like our daughter."

Luckily, Patrick’s wife didn’t marry Butker because then she wouldn’t be working in women’s sports, she’d be baking cookies and teaching her daughter that she’s less than men.

photo

Junior, responding questions about why his Daddy chickened out on testifying after saying that he “absolutely” would multiple times:

“Why would you justify this insanity? Look at the clowns that they put on there—you don’t subject yourself to that nonsense. You are going into a kangaroo court. There’s nothing more. Nothing less. There’d be absolutely no reason, no justification to do that whatsoever.”

Sure there is you coke-addled dimwit: you do it because the truth is on your side.

Unless it’s not. Then you chicken out.

photo

Laura Ingraham, on Harrison Butker’s misogynistic speech:

“Harrison Butker decided to use this occasion to say something that mattered. Doing what the left pretends to support, speaking his truth. Now it’s easy to forget, in our social media obsessed, materialistic world, we all fall into it, including myself, … that Heaven is really what we as Christians should be striving for here on earth. It’s certainly easy to understand why his comments made certain people very uncomfortable because they believe it’s enough to glide through life with glib references to ‘equity and inclusion’ and ‘I’m spiritual, but not religious,’ but some of them are among the most intolerant people on the planet. The powers that be here mean to make an example out of people like Harrison Butker and Riley Gaines. Dare to challenge their twisted worldview, where men can be women, and mothers and fathers are fungible, and they will try to denigrate you, isolate you, cancel you and ultimately silence you completely. Be not afraid. At a time, though, when woke secularists dominate media, corporate America, Hollywood, and most universities, being a public witness to your Christian faith? Now that takes courage because speaking out may actually mean that you lose everything.”

Oh Laura, how dumb are you? If you lived in Butker’s world you’d be at home and birthing  babies rather than at work birthing stupidity.

Don’t forget that Eva Braun, er, Laura Ingraham famously told NBA superstar Lebron James in 2018 to “shut up and dribble” after he had the audacity to criticize Hair Furor.

photo

Jamie Raskin, Maryland Democrat Representative, on Justice Alito being compromised and unfit to be a Supreme Court Justice:

“Justice Alito turned the flag upside down. [Hair Furor] turned the Bible upside down. MAGA turned the capitol upside down. The Roberts Court turned the Constitution upside down. Let’s set America right side up in November.”

November … Roevember … Joevember. Vote Blue.

photo

Nikki Haley, pandering GOP hag, has said she will vote for Hair Furor in November:

“I put my priorities on a president who’s going to have the backs of our allies and hold our enemies to account who would secure the border. [Hair Furor] has not been perfect on these policies. I’ve made that clear many, many times. But Biden has been a catastrophe, so I will be voting for [Hair Furor].”

This is the same Haley who said she’d never run against Hair Furor, and then did.

This is the same Haley who called him the worst idea for president in 2016—and even voted for Marco Rubio—but then ran to Hair Furor’s White House for a job.

This is the same Haly who said, just two months ago:

“I have no need to kiss the ring. I have no fear of retribution. I’m not worried about my political future.”

But she really wants that VP slot so, while she said she won’t kiss his ring, she clearly kissed the ... and I apologize in advance for this ... ring around his anus.

And, perhaps more importantly, she gave the middle finger to all those people around the country who voted for her even after she left the race.

photo

Eddie Vedder, lead vocalist for Pearl Jam, on “kicker” Harrison Butler’s commencement speech:

“He was telling men, ‘Don’t forget to puff up your chest and be more masculine. Don’t lose your masculinity.’ The irony is that when he was saying that he looked like such a pussy. There’s nothing more masculine than a strong man supporting a strong woman. People of quality do not fear equality.”

 Word. It’s just that simple.

photo

Jason Hackett, a Minnesota news anchor, coming out live on air after 13 years as a journalist:

"For people that really know me—my friends, my coworkers, some members of my family—this isn't some huge surprise. I've been living in a glass closet for the most part, but now I wanted to let you out there, the viewers out there that wake up with me every morning to know a little bit more about me. [In] sixth grade is when I realized, 'Wait a minute, I think I’m different.' There was a kid at a bus stop every day after school when I was waiting and I always used to stare at him and be like, 'Wow, there’s something about him that I really like. I don’t know what it is, but I really, really like something about him, 'and I think it dawned on me somewhere around fifth or sixth grade that, 'Wait a minute, I think I’m gay.' It’d be nice to think that after this story is published and after my story is told that there is another young, gay, black, or anybody of color kid out there that is like, 'Wow, he is being his authentic self and he’s not getting killed for it, he’s not getting criticized for it. He’s being his authentic self, and maybe I can also be my authentic self, maybe I can also live my truth, just like Jason is.' What me and ... everyone here on Sunrise strive for is authenticity. And I can't preach that without being my authentic self and for anyone that is watching this now who is struggling to find acceptance or struggling with their family or their friends, take it from me, a gay, Black son of immigrants, the road may not be easy. I won't lie to you and say that it is. But don't worry. Keep going. You're gonna make it."

Welcome Out, Jason, and please accept as our gift from HOMO HQ, a Copy of The Gay Agenda and the Official Coming Out Toaster Oven™.

Your words, and your actions, will definitely make it easier for other young people of color to come out and live their truth and their happiness.

Welcome out!

photo

15 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:23 AM

    the dog's mother
    "People of quality do not fear equality"
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura hasn't realized Butker was talking to her, telling her she needed to be in the kitchen and not spreading lies on Fox. Nikki is now toast, and is just waiting for Trump to butter her. Way to go, Eddie! And Junior? I don't doubt that when daddy loses, he's going to crawl into the nearest sewer and snort himself to death.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria Shriver for the win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore Jason. He's a lovely man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s important to remember there are other enlightened, intelligent, kind, empathetic Americans like the ones above. They’re not all ignorant, hateful, lying, selfish idiots like the others above.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patrick Mahomes made me a tad pissed off when he didn't exactly tell what he thought of Butkers speech...I guess in fear of making waves.

    And Nikki Dimwit is not corect. The border is not Biden's fault. In all fairness no president is taking care of the issue fully. All they keep doing is inheriting the problem.and hoping it fixes itself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quick, give Jason his Gay Toaster. Welcome!
    And Nimrata wants to be VP soooo bad that she sold her soul. Well, she sold it a long time ago but now it's out for everybody to see. I hope the people who voted for her realize she's a craven opportunist and nothing else.
    As for Eva Broun, she needs to shut her piehole. If she followed her xtianst precepts, she'd be in the kitchen, making Butker a sandwich.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was a great read this morning. You always give me a smile! "Miss Cotton Tail 1973". Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh God, I guess I need to come home, and rally the vote by people with more than half a brain.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not all of us have the skills or luck to make loadsa money; plenty of people have to work horrendous hours for very little money and do not have the choice of one member of the family staying home to look after the kids. Get off your monied pedestal and help those who need support rather than wittering on about how everyone should aim at your lifestyle you absolute twazzock.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cleora Borealis12:34 PM

    As with all things in public life in 'Murrica, the Harrison Butker controversy reveals the brightest of lines between the political left and the GQP. A few days after Butker stepped on his dick, a social media employee for Kansas City used the official X account to doxx where Butker lives. She was pissed about what he said and made a very big mistake AND the Dem mayor of KC fired her for it immediately! Her indiscretion wasn't even what I think of as doxxing. She didn't state his address. The statement was "just a reminder that Harrison Butker lives in Lee's Summit." Since the X post was immediately deleted, the only reason I know what it said is the Kansas City Star printed it!! I guess the Star's in-house counsel didn't think it was all that bad...and it wasn't...Lee's Summit is just an upscale suburb of KC, not too far from Arrowhead Stadium, so no big deal. Here's where the political BS happens: the Dem mayor of a bluish-purple city took down the post, publicly apologized, and fired the doxxer! Immediately! Now, the very red AG of Missouri is staging a major investigation and is demanding all records and making the usual MAGA stench about it!! Yah, MAGAts doxx (really doxx) all the time and MAGA politicians and media defend it as public information. But, when Dems go above and beyond and take care of the minor problem, MAGAts beat the dead horse with the usual projection and, undoubtedly, fund-raising for a campaign. Keep in mind this is the same AG who is using public money to defend the politicians who are being sued by the man they immediately (wrongly) identified as the "illegal immigrant shooter" at the Chiefs parade!! Like I said, bright line!! 🤬

    ReplyDelete
  12. I appreciate the women and men who are responding to Butker's idiocy with reason. My first reaction would be more Bobbit like. I suspect you are correct that it won't be long before his current wife is his ex-wife.
    Laura ingraham's comment about the intolerant left made me laugh. In my experience, it is the so-called Christians who demonstrate a lack of tolerance most often.

    ReplyDelete
  13. aussieguy5:56 PM

    I could only get past the first 2 sentences of Ingraham's comments before violently puking in my mouth. Not that I should have expected anything more substantial from her. Today's ISBL issue was a real good mix of goodness (Mahomes, Vedder, Raskin, Shriver, Jason et al) and ick (the aforementioned Ingraham, Icki Nikki, Lady G (oh 1973 was NOT a good year) and Coke-Head. Can't wait for your Saturday column!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is so good for kids to be able to see respected gay men and women in media and sports, along with general public life. As you will remember, we had pretty well no one, with the exception of some very effeminate men on screens, who I never connected with.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What exactly is a "buttker"? I am guessing it is American slang for a brainless, chauvinistic man - something like a moron. Do you have to go to university to become an NFL ball kicker? The intellectual demands must be so onerous.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......