Wednesday, November 04, 2020

Architecture Wednesday: AS House

 Appearing as a cluster of primitive buildings, As House sits atop a slope on Paros Island, fitting right into the landscape. Those ancient Greek dry-stone wall is reimagined as a way to define a series of outdoor terraces and protect them from the high North winds. The home was designed to fit the land, not vice versa, with private and public areas intersect, framing the views toward the terraces, the pool, and the Aegean Sea beyond.

The house is clean and calm and peaceful inside, simple really, but step outside and there are dining areas, outdoor shower, patios, and a pool, making it easy to live inside or out.

Away from it all …


Click to emBIGGERate.


Arch Daily

3 comments:

  1. Ok, so living in an island? Dream.
    And this house fits perfectly with my aesthetic: clean lines and integrated with nature. Love the fireplace. It reminds me of that those Argentinians I posted about did. Also, how they've stored the logs!
    The outdoor shower is fantastic and so is that pool.
    I need to be there. Right now.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loverly views and a really nice
    change from what is on the news!
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! If I can find a spot with a similar view nearby (and I can), can you arrange to have it moved? I can't wait to furnish the place.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......