Thursday, March 12, 2020

Bobservations

Carlos and I were out and about Saturday in Smallville, and as we settled in for a hot coffee at Books on Broad, he said we needed to get home because he was doing a translation at DSS Monday and needed to get his papers ready.

At home, I asked if he minded while I used the computer for a hot minute before he started working on his papers; he said, ‘No problem.’

When I finished. I went back out to the kitchen and told him I was done, and that the computer was his. He said he was going to do something in the kitchen, and I said I was making a pizza for dinner and he could go work on his papers. He gave me a funny look, and said he was going to work on his papers in the kitchen because he needed to be at DSS early on Monday.

I asked why he was working on the papers in the kitchen and he said because we were having them with chicken and rice on Monday.

Then it hit me: Peppers. He needed to work on his peppers to make a sauce for Monday’s dinner because he’d be gone for a while that day.

Papers.Peppers.

Nearly twenty years in, and I’m still Lucy to his Ricky.
PGA Tour golfer Scott Piercy thought it would be homophobi-highlarious to share a meme about Pete Buttigieg’s decision to drop out of the race that read:
“Peter Pulls Out Early From Behind.”
The meme featured Pepe the Frog, the cartoon character co-opted as an icon by the alt-right, reading a news script for “QNN” about Buttigieg.

Even funnier is that as soon as people got wind of what a prick Scott Piercy is, he apologized for being a homophobic asshat. Um, too late, hon; at least three sponsors—Acushnet, Titleist and Scandinavian fashion brand J.Lindeberg—have ended their promotional relationships with Piercy.

Once again, in case you don’t get it: hate doesn’t pay.
Now, to a professional athlete who isn’t a bigot … NBA star Dwyane Wade, who has become an outspoken advocate for LGBTQ rights thanks to his transgender daughter Zaya, celebrated on Instagram as Zaya made her red carpet debut for  the Better Brothers Los Angeles 2020 Truth Awards, writing:
“Everyone allow her to re-introduce herself her name is Zaya Wade! Last night was Zaya’s first red carpet and we couldn’t have been prouder of how she handled the questions that were asked of her. She has emerged as one of the young faces and voices for the LGBTQ+ community.”
That’s how it’s done. Maybe Dwyane Wade could give Scott Piercy lessons??
Meanwhile, back to haters who are also complete morons ... Y’all know that Evangelical Christians, AKA Faux-Christians, have long blamed the LGBTQ+ community for natural disasters and diseases of all kinds so this comes as no surprise.

Steven Andrew, “pastor” with the USA Christian Church, an internet-based rightwingnut congregation, dubbed March “Repent of LGBT Sin Month,” which he says is necessary to protect “the USA from diseases, such as the Coronavirus” which you get because of The Gays:
“God’s love shows it is urgent to repent because the Bible teaches homosexuals lose their souls and God destroys LGBT societies. Obeying God protects the USA from diseases, such as the coronavirus.”
And he’s not the only Faux-Christian loon to link coronavirus to LGBTQ+ people. Florida “minister” Rick Wiles, founder of the media outlet TruNews, called the virus a “plague” sent by God to wipe out LGBTQ+ people and other “sinners.” Pastor E.W. Jackson warned listeners about the “homovirus” on his radio show.

Funny, because it seems like it’s a lot of elderly, gay and straight, people are most prone to the virus, so once again, your Faux-Christian leaders are lying.
This makes me sick … no, in enrages me … The remains of two stunning white giraffes that lived at a Kenyan wildlife sanctuary were found in a skeletal state, rangers at the Ishaqbini Hirola Conservancy , killed by poachers.

Just one white giraffe, a bull, remains.

Giraffes have lost 40% of their population in just 30 years from poaching and wildlife trafficking. Murdering …for sport.

While the Kenya Wildlife Service said those white giraffes were the only three left in the world, another known white giraffe was spotted in Tarangire National Park, in Tanzania, in January 2016.

It wasn't immediately known what happened to that animal.

Hopefully no one decided to just shoot it for fun.
Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein has been sentenced to 23 years in prison on sexual assault and rape charges. Weinstein seemed stunned that a powerful rich rapist and sexual predator like himself would go to jail:
“I am totally confused. I think men are confused about all of this…this feeling of thousands of men and women who are losing due process, I’m worried about this country. This is not the right atmosphere in the United States of America.”
No, Harvey, it’s the perfect atmosphere; it’s telling men they cannot rape women, expose themselves to women, demand sex from women, sexually harass women, demean women, just cuz they feel like it.

Good luck in prison, bitch.

Weinstein still faces more serious charges in Los Angeles.
This is fitness model Joshua Lee Cummings,  a tall, flexible drink of water. He likes to ride a bike and roller-skate and jump a rope and be on, or, actually, in, TV.


He likes to skinny-dip and gang upside down.


I like him no matter what he does. Uh huh.

17 comments:

  1. I want to play the logic of 'God-hates-gays through Coronavirus', but in reverse - Why is it that the most devastatingly affected country after China is Italy? Simple. Italy is the only non-Eastern European country which has NOT legalised gay marriage. The reasoning is every bit as logical - so therefore God really LOVES gays! Q.E.D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peppers, ha! Somebody's got some splainin' to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Carlos)
    You had me worried there
    for a minute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never understood why evangelicals are so quick to hate - I don't recall Jesus encouraging anyone to hate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The giraffe story enraged me too. Animals of all kind are my number 1 passion. I care and love them more the humans....so whatever comes out way diesae, plague disasters....i don't feel the slightest bit bad for humans. We do after share the planet...and animals of all kinds play a part in its operation of thing. I hate people. I hope the poachers meet a very hungry lion pride with any weapons. Fucking bastrads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Lucy.. and Ricky! Lol
    There was a beautiful snow white deer around here, everybody was talking about her. Because the deer was female it had a better chance of not being hunted but most hunters are actually good people and didn't harm her. One day a farmer found her dead in his field, she had been shot dead... out of hunting season and her body left to rot. That's just done to be hateful, people like that are stupid.
    As for haters, what can you expect from people so stupid that they are trying to discredit the fact that the world is round, seriously these people should be jailed and fixed.
    I can see Harvey Whiningstein's point, some rich men go to jail for this while others become President or live in Buckingham Palace, maybe he's being picked on for being a Jewish rapist? Strange how they have been telling themselves that they have done nothing wrong for so long, that they believe their own lies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I think I'm in love with your husband!!! Peppers/papers! My French neighbour (most French actually) can't hear the difference between "bitch" and "beach" so we've had some fun with that. But putting the boot on the other foot, I had the hardest time making the difference between "cou" (your neck) and "cul" (you don't pronounce the "l" and it is your ass). As you can imagine I've had some embarrassing moments too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Raybeard
    As usual, sir,you are correct. Great logic!

    @DeedleEedleDoo
    I was sooooo perplexed .....

    @TDM
    I need to dye my hair red now!

    @Helen
    Simple answer: faux Christians.

    @MM
    I don't believe in killing, but I'd love to see those murderous poachers set loose in a game preserve and hunted like animals for the rest of their lives.

    @Steven
    If I have to be someone, Lucy's a good choice!
    I get hunting for food, though I would never, but hunting for sport is just plain barbaric.
    Poor Harvey Whitestein.

    @Treaders
    Carlos might also say 'bitch' for beach; he says Oprah for opera and that's caused quite a laugh-filled conversation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He say's tomatoes, you say tomotoes.. got to love words and accents.

    I understand Harvey's filed the paperwork to change his name to Whinestein.

    Faux Christians will never learn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous6:23 PM

    Carlos makes life interesting. Glad you have found him and he has found you.

    I love a good bookstore. I looked Books on Broad on the Goggler. I could get lost in that place. How is their gay selection? I bet you can even order through them your queer desires. Support your local independents!! We have Tattered Cover here in Denver. I see Book on Broad serves coffee. Maybe a little danish. I'm in!! Road Trip!!

    Do you follow Jimmy Williams on Twitter? South Carolina is his hometown. He writes about SC all the time. Gay and funny! Here is the link:

    https://twitter.com/Jimmyspolitics?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

    ReplyDelete
  11. YASSS GURL to the tweet! MAKE IT SO!

    oh carlos, let me splain something to you...

    homophobes and xstains deserve death. as do poachers. and harvey weinstein.

    YAYZ for dwayne wade and zaya!

    and joshua - OMB, what a man, what a mighty good man!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Josua did that. Yep. Grace Jones is smiling right now.
    The giraffe poachers! Bastards. Ugh. I lose faith in humanity by the minute.
    Are there any real Xtianists? Any?
    Ugh. I hope Weinstein rots. Did you read he reached to Bloomberg and Beezos for help? Monster.
    Dwayne and Gabrielle are giving a master course on parenting to the country. People need to take note.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad Scott Piercy has lost 3 sponsors. Serves him right. And may Harvey Weinstein rot in jail.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Dave
    It's never a dull moment around here.

    @VRC
    Books on Broad doesn't have much of an LGBTQ+ section, though they will order anything for you. And I'm gonna look up Jimmy on Twitter.

    @AM
    i've been trying to explain, and understand, Carlos for 20 years ...and it's been fun!
    And Joshua tickles me ... down there.

    @Six
    He does give Grace Jones, doesn't he??
    I am, now, a HUGE fan of Dwyane Wade and Gabrielle. That's parenting!

    @Debra
    Amen to both!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah, I've seen the Wade story on Yahoo! And soon, these stories won't be news... Which is a good thing. It'll be just something normal, nothing unusual. Can't wait for that moment to happen. The world is becoming a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Um... placement of the bike seat... had to look more closely.

    We love our Carlos... and our Bob. Thanks for the great laugh this morning. I made SG take a break from his papers so I could read that to him.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Hot
    That would be a great day.

    @Mitch
    Ah, the bike seat!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......