Wednesday, March 04, 2020

Architecture Wednesday: House BRAS


I’m really feeling the House BRAS. It’s giving me James Bond which gives me Daniel Craig which gives me …

Anyway, House BRAS is located on a lush green site next to a pond in the middle of an old suburbs of Antwerp. The house is designed to blend into its surroundings with a meandering plan that allows daylight to penetrate during all seasons and at any time of the day while achieving unobstructed views of the garden.

The first floor is a massive great room, kitchen pantry and indoor pool, along one side of the home; the other side contains three en suite bedrooms down a long hallway that ends in the double height music room.

The second floor is a master suite with views of the trees, and a library that overlooks the pond through the double-height windows of the music room.

Best of all, and totally Bond, the technical spaces and garage are located underground and are accessible through a ramp that appears to cut through the pond.

You drive into the pond. With Bond.

This house really gives me architectural wood, or maybe it’s the idea of Daniel Craig and I living there.


Click to emBIGGERate ..

10 comments:

  1. A bit too austere for me, but then again, so is Daniel Craig.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little too modern and sparse for me... but I can appreciate the design and space planning. I totally see the Bond "vibe" I could be hired to be at the place to play the next Bond femme fatale, Brandy Alexander though.

    I also think this place would be perfect to escape to...for when I'm over people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loves the pond, of course!
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Deedles
    But DC and I, riding in a car, down that lake to the underground garage and then heading upstairs to ...wait, what?

    @Brandy, er MM
    It would be a good escape house!

    @TDM
    Think of what you could do there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love the simplicity and ascetic quality of the rooms. Uncluttered but not uninteresting. But it does have some warmth and the indoor garden with that tree! And the water feature!
    And Daniel Craig in powder blue square cuts? Yes, please.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Sixpence
    Daniel Craig in powder blue square cuts. YASSSSSS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! Just waiting for the personal touch inside. Does Daniel Craig come with?

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, it's simply stunning! Look at all that natural light, wow...

    I'm jealous alright and, I want it. Hard.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10:53 AM

    Looks great!! Love the location!! Can we gay it up? Color? Personal touches?

    ReplyDelete
  10. After reading your complete article and going through your pictures and the blue print of the house I understand the James Bond and Daniel Craig effect. Thank you Bob for showcasing this well planned and exquisite spaced house. Though it is considered high maintenance, this well-planned structure is definitely worth a stay and a beautiful investment.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......