Thursday, September 14, 2017

Random Musings

We survived Irma, especially since she took a hard left at Georgia, but we did get some heavy rains and some scary winds; the rain I’m good with, but having a house surrounded by a few hundred trees in a windstorm? Not so much.

Still, she’s gone ... and even though Jose is lingering out there, he’s expected to stay away; for now.
James Woods is a has-been actor whose days are spent trolling the internet blasting people with his conservative ideology ... er, idiot-ology.

Case in point: Woods went after Armie Hammer’s new movie, Call Me By Your Name, which features Hammer as a 24-year old American scholar who kinda sorta falls in love with a 17-year-old boy played by Timothee Chalamet. Woods, in a Tweet, accused the film of “quietly chip[ping] away the last barriers of decency” and then, for extra added oomph, he hashtagged the Tweet with #NAMBLA [North American Man Boy Love Association].

But Armie Hammer—who is oooooh soooo hot—wasn’t having James Woods at all and Tweeted back:
“Didn’t you date a 19-year-old when you were 60……?”
And it’s true, except Woods replaced his 19-year-old girlfriend with a 20-year-old-girlfriend, when he was 66.

And then actress Amber Tamblyn Tweeted that James Woods once came on to her and asked her to go to Vegas with him; when she told him she was sixteen he replied, “Even better.”

Oh, Woods, you old pervert; sit down, you’re no longer needed here.
For all those deplorables out there who think there’s nothing to RussiaGate, hear this:

Robert Mueller is expected to question six White House aides in the investigation, including adviser Hope Hicks, former press secretary Sean Spicer and former chief of staff Reince Priebus, who, along with White House Counsel Donald McGahn, have hired Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan LLP partner William Burck to advise them in special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation.

Lawyering up, eh?
On the other side of the coin ... I’m glad Hillary Clinton wrote a book to detail What Happened regarding the last presidential election, but I do wish she’s quit laying blame all over the place. Sure, she takes some herself, but between Bernie and Comey and _____it’s all a bit too much.

You lost, dear, and I for one am sorry, but we need to move on and not wallow in the past.
Back to Irma ... I am so annoyed the weatherpeople, and newspeople, editorializing about a storm rather than just giving me the facts.
It’ll be devastating.
People will die,
You can’t get out.
Look, you’re ‘news’ people, so give me the news and save your opinions and hyperbole for someone else, m’kay?
So, while we awaited Irma’s arrival,. We caught up on some movies that I really had no desire to see in the theater, but now that I saw them on TV, I found that I liked them.

First up, The Revenant, starring Leonardo DiCaprio; I was worried it was gonna be a little like Castaway in the cold North, especially when DiCaprio’s character got a canteen with a design on it. I thought he’d name it Wilson and start talking to it—Spoiler Alert: he did not—and it was a really good movie, though part of the reason was Domhnall Gleeson, top left, a hot bearded ginger in the wild.

We also watched The 33 about the Chilean miners who were trapped when their mine collapsed; I thought I knew the whole story but it was far more than I had thought, especially given that it also starred Rodrigo Santoro, top right, as a smoking hot government official. I have had a not –so –soft spot for Rodrigo for years and he never disappoints.

And lastly, Outlander started up again this weekend with another Hot Ginger, San Heughan, bottom left, who often wears a kilt and sometimes wears nothing at all. Also in the show is Tobias Menzies, bottom right,  who just sparks my engine for reasons I can’t qoite grasp, but I don’t mind.

So, those are the weeks Hotties, with one last look at the fine Rodrigo Santoro.

GOP Congressman Tim Murphy has publicly admitted to having an extramarital affair with a personal friend, coming clean hours after the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette prevailed in a court motion to unseal a divorce action and reveal the news themselves.

Murphy is not a party to the divorce, but last July the husband in the case, Jesse Sally, sought to depose Murphy as part of his divorce from Shannon Edwards.

No big deal, except ... hypocrisy. Murphy voted against the Employment Non-Discrimination Act, against the Matthew Shepard Hate Crimes Act, against the repeal of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell, and for a constitutional ban on same-sex marriage.

He never wanted equality for The Gays because married is so scared, but he has no problem screwing another man’s wife.
Oh, and in more GOP anti-LGBT news ... the _____ administration has sided with Colorado bigot baker Jack Phillips who refused to bake a cake for a same-sex couple. And so _____ had the Department of Justice file an amicus brief in Masterpiece Cakeshop v. Colorado Civil Rights CommissionThe DOJ has already made its hostility to the rights of LGBT people crystal clear, and now _____ is advocating for a constitutional right to discriminate.

I wonder how he’d feel if a baker refused to bake a cake for a bigot president ... or a sexual groper president ... or a lying piece of shi ... president?
Oops. Josh “The Sister Diddler” Duggar is headed for a jury trial in the Ashley Madison lawsuit brought against him by DJ and model, Matthew McCarthy, who is seeking damages after Duggar allegedly used his image on the adult website. McCarthy says Duggar stole his image for use on Ashley Madison and OkCupid to solicit sex.

Plus, Josh Duggar is some pasty-looking pervert and Matthew McCarthy is kinda hot. I mean, imagine you’re the woman who saw Matthew McCarthy’s photo on some married man dating/hook-up site and you thought, ‘Wow, he’s hot,’ and so you make the call to meet and when you arrive at some seedy motel on some backwoods highway, you find pudgy, pasty, pervy Duggar?

Oy. Scrub me with bleach!
Milo Yiannopoulous, the poster boy for Self-Loathing, the anti-gay gay man, the Alt-right wingnut, has once again put his foot in his mouth ... when, really, it belongs in his ass, has revealed that he lost his home to Hurricane Irma.

It all began after he mocked the storm on Facebook, writing:
“In more positive Irma news, Richard Branson’s Necker Island has been devastated.”
... and ...
“Irma is about to finish what Hillary started: leaving Haiti in ruins.”
But then Irma came for this internet troll who attacks minorities, encourages his follower—yes, follower—to attack minorities, which lead to him being permanently banned from Twitter, and, as Miss Milo told us earlier this week:
 “MY HOUSE IS GONE”.
Oh, so sad, but Karma is a bitch names Irma, asshat.
I have a vivid, sometimes borderline frightful imagination.

Last week Carlos spotted a hole in the ground while mowing the lawn. He told me that maybe it was a sinkhole starting up. I said it looked more like a gopher hole. But, that night, as I drifted off to sleep in the master bedroom, very near the sink/gopher hole, I began to wonder if it might open up and swallow the house with me in it.

And, since I have this irrational feel of being unable to move or unable to breath—do not ­bury me alive—I thought maybe I ought to get a knife and sleep with it so when the sinkhole swallowed me up I could end it all before the full-on panic set it and scared me to death.

I told this story to a friend who said:
“Why not just sleep with a shovel and you can dig your way out?”
Imagine Carlos’ face when I brought a shovel to bed that night.

10 comments:

  1. "Imagine Carlos’ face when I brought a shovel to bed that night." - bet carlos wondered what new role-playing game you had in mind...

    OMB, the h8ers think that it's OK to h8 - WRONG, ASSHATS! thanks, dump, for encouraging them! notice too how the dump said nothing about edith windsor.

    I cannot wait to see what mueller digs up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I share your feelings for enclosed spaces and being unable to move or breathe. Starts a sweat every time.

    Second, I was happy to read your thoughts on Hillary's book. Tim and I have talked about it quite a bit. We support her; we voted for her; we would vote for her again in that situation. We're immensely sorry she lost. But I think I have a handle on what happened then, what's happening now, and what will likely happen in the future. I keep a positive attitude for the present and future. I'd like to tell her that some of us can't afford to revisit the past because what's happening right now is having a big impact on our lives (Tim is back in the closet at work), and what's likely to happen in the near term future isn't going to be good. Long term, I think it will work out, but there's a ways to go before then and we need to concentrate now.

    Whew! Thanks for letting me get that off my chest! Love and hugz to you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very glad you two made it thru Irma!
    The Supreme Cake Baker Case (starts on Oct.
    2 I read) - our very own Arlene's Flowers is
    trying to get attached to that case. Not sure
    if she will make it but some folks are trying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in a manic, silly frame of mind today, so be warned!
    Glad you and Carlos are safe. I thought the same thing about Carlos and the shovel as Anne Marie. Should I be worried?

    I saw "hot bearded ginger" and a picture crossed my mind of Tina Louise on Gilligan's Island, sporting a chin toupee. Maybe it's something I et.

    The cast of the White House Follies is so large that I can't remember the names of these "people".

    Lastly, doesn't Tobias Menzies (unfortunate last name that) look as though Tommy Lee Jones and Ian McKellen had a baby? Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @blogger joe - :-( that your husband can't be who he is. that fucking sux!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Armie hammer. Now i have to go back and read the rest of the post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @AM
    Carlos thought it might be a repeat of the Great Rake Incident of 2014!

    @Joe
    Sorry to hear about Tim; no one should have to hide themselves at work or anywhere if they don't want to do so.

    @Deedles
    Tina Louise????? =) And I could live with the love child of Tommy and Ian if he looked like Tobias!

    @MM
    I know, right? Oy ... he steams my glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:36 PM

    Glad you are both safe.
    Tobias Menzies? You have great taste!
    JP

    ReplyDelete
  9. James Woods should have learned a long time ago that people who date much younger people shouldn't live in glass houses.

    On Hillary - yeah, it's time to fade into the background.

    On Milo - shame you weren't in it.

    On the baker - the truth is that if he worked for Jesus, Jesus would tell him to shut up and bake the cake while He invited the couple into his House.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought it had been uncovered that Milo's internet pic of devastated house was definitely NOT his?

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......