Monday, November 05, 2012

Why Mittsy? Why Pander And Lie? Because You're Desperate Or Because That's How You Roll?


So, as the presidential campaign winds down--and I say, Thank The Goddess--the President and Mittsy are still out there asking for your votes.

In Springfield, Ohio, the crowd was listening to President Barack Obama and began to boo when he brought up Mitt Romney and the Republican Congress. That prompted the President to say:
“No, no, no — don’t boo, vote. Vote! Voting is the best revenge.”
Well, naturally word got back to the Romney camp, and Mittsy went off, telling his supporters:
“Yesterday, the President said something you may have heard by now. That I think surprised a lot of people. Speaking to an audience, he said, ‘voting is the best revenge.’ He told his supporters — voting for revenge. Vote for revenge? Let me tell you what I’d like to tell you. Vote for love of country.”
And he kept on riding that train:
“Did you see what President Obama said today? He asked his supporters to vote for revenge — for revenge...Instead, I ask the American people to vote for love of country.”
Odd, because Obama was only telling people that if they don't like Romney--and who in their right mind does because the man wouldn't know what side of an issue to come on unless it came with dollar signs--or the GOP Congress to send a loud and clear message by not voting for them.

But this is a Mittsy MO. The Poor Me MO. And it's not the first time Mittsy has attacked Obama for encouraging people to vote. Last September, Mittsy got pissy when President Obama told people that "you can’t change Washington from the inside.” That quote was really just the president urging people to get involved in the process:
“The most important lesson I’ve learned is that you can’t change Washington from the inside. You can only change it from the outside. And that’s how the big accomplishments, like health care, got done, was because we mobilized the American people to speak out...something that I’d really like to concentrate on in my second term is being in a much more constant conversation with the American people, so they can put pressure on Congress to move some of these issues forward.”
So, Mittsy's all hurt and shiz because he thinks We The People will vote "revenge" rather than policy. We'll vote against him as a punishment rather than for Obama because he's the right choice.

I feel bad for billionaires with hurt feelings.

Makes me wanna squish a kitty. Not.

Here's the deal, the GOP would love for people to be less engaged this time around, because a less engaged group of voters means a Romney win. Yes, if we don’t care, Romney wins.

But we do care. About healthcare and global warming. About equality for all Americans. About immigration and doing it right. We care about a lot of things while the GOP and Mitt Romney care only about two things: themselves and getting Obama out of office.

But that isn't caring. That's a dangerous thing for this country. That's a road we needn't travel down, and a place we should never visit.

I understand conservatism; I do. I also understand the idea that government is too big. But you can't have any government at all under a Romney/Ryan Regime that would slash and burn any and all programs that concern our elderly, our uninsured, our returning vets, our LGBT brothers and sisters.

A Romney/Ryan Regime would work hard to take away all the strides the gay community has made toward becoming equal Americans, and I, for one, don't wish to see that day.


5 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:50 PM

    Mittsy and his no tax paying ass wants me to feel sorry for him. As far as I'm concerned, my vote is more than revenge. It's telling the GOP and their shadow PACs to fuck off and die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This year's campaign by Romney/Ryan and the GOP is despicable.
    It makes the 2008 McCain-Palin look tame and we know how ugly that got with all the racism, etc.
    It kind of spawned the Tea Party crowd that Romney and Ryan cater to.
    I hope Obama wins big, but it likely will be close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I simply cannot understand why the Republican party cannot find a candidate that does not hate most everyone. Everyone who is not white, middle aged and wealthy. When Romney loses and all of my Republican "friends" start whining on Facebook, I think I'll remind them that love won Obama's campaign and hate sunk Romney's

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I'm hoping for is for the republicans to lose not only the white house but the senate and house. Hopefully if they get shut down hard enough, they will re-think their race baiting, hate mongering, civil rights stealing ways.

    Of course, I realize this is nothing more than a pipe dream, but a guy can dream!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If Obama loses (and I hope that he does not, becuase the whole world willl suffer) it will not be from a lack of support from you. I have passed on your comments to friends who can vote. Even my right wing husband (lurve can make you do daft things) has been horrified by Mitt's idiocies.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......