Thursday, November 29, 2012

Random Musings

Overheard at Work:
Co-worker: What generation are you?
Bob [clearly annoyed]: What?
Co-worker: What generation are you?
Bob [ready to strike]: WTF are you talking about?
Co-worker: You know, Baby Boomer, Generation X, Gen Y? Which one are you?
Bob [smiling smugly]: I'm Gen FAG.
GQ magazine just named Mitt Romney one of The Least Influential People of 2012.
Funny, the American people gave him that honor three weeks ago.
As happens, I have been painting the house again, this time tackling a hallway that we want to turn into an art gallery of sorts, with favorite art pieces and photographs. I often say that painting this house is like painting the Golden Gate Bridge because once I get to the end , it'll be time to start over again.
On a related note, one of the things I loved when I saw this house were the nine-foot ceilings, but, having to climb a ladder to cut in around the crown molding and move that ladder up and down the hallway several times to hit all four walls, makes me long for six foot ceilings.
I wouldn't need a ladder then, but, well, I'd have to duck under lights and ceiling fans all the time.
Funny Tweet:
I don't like Justin Bieber.
I don't like what he calls his 'music' and I don't like his petulant little Mean Girl attitude when he drives like a mad man and then cries about being followed by photographers. \But this story makes me like him even less, and makes me wonder.....did he give up on education just because prepubescent girls like him?
First, he was to be given the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal from Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper last weekend and he showed up to accept the award in overalls.
And then laughingly Tweeted about it: “I met the Prime Minister in overalls lol"
But when people began to deride him for his choice of attire, Little Miss Justin scrunched up his face and said, “The pic of me and the Prime Minister was taken in a room in the arena where i was performing at that day. I walked straight from my meet and greet to him, if you 'Hayley' expect me to have a change of clothes let a loan a suit at that specific time that’s crazy, It wasn’t like it was like I was going into his environment we were at a hockey arena. Wow am i ever white trash hayley peterson lol.”
Um, Missy Justin? I can almost guarantee that any teenaged girl like yourself would have had at least one other outfit to wear backstage somewhere. And I'm sure you weren't sitting around the arena eating pork rinds when you got the word that the effing Prime Minister of Canada would be giving you an award, so maybe one of your minions might have taken the time to get you into a Garanimals suit.
Bitch.
Now, on to his lack of education: he asked the Twitterer, Haylie, if she expected him to "have a change of clothes let a loan a suit at that specific time."
The future of America, people, let 'a loan' the future of the world.
Again. Bitch. 
LoveLoveLove that Chad Michaels was inducted into the RuPaul Drag Queen Hall of Fame.
I so wanted her to win.
Apparently some 3.5 million people--sadly, including myself--watched the not-so-much-craptastic-as-just-plain-crap Lifetime "event" Liz & Dick starring Lindsay "Where's my career?" Lohan. Lifetime is beating the drums, calling it the fourth biggest first-run cable movie of the year.
Number four.
In related news, Lindsay Lohan was found under the bar at the Chateau Marmont, weeping into a Cosmo and nibbling on Adderall, saying, "I'm .... number .... four! I'm .... number .... four!"
Asshat Of The Week: Tony Perkins
Isn't it sickening that the AFA, with it's focus on God and religion,
is praising legislation maiking it legal to murder people.
If God was real, she'd be rolling over in her grave.

7 comments:

  1. Another assortment of spot-on observations! Your blog remains one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your spot-on assessment of little baby Bieber and that hot-mess called Lindsay Lohan. I know I should cut her some slack since she's the spawn of two mentally ill parents, but cri-men-etly! Somebody do something about her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. best part? the mittens musing!

    and miss justin can suck mah balls! candy-ass twink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I refuse to be called a Baby Boomer! My Dad was too young for WWII. My generation came of age in the 70s. Not sure what that makes up. Disco Kids?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like the beebs either. AS for painting- get yourself a pair of sheet-rocker's stilts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our Prime Minister is really not worth dressing up for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:48 PM

    I wish you could have seen the CFL Grey Cup game on Sunday. Miss Justine was one of the halftime acts and his fellow Canadians lustily booed like Sarah Palin was at that Flyers hockey game four years ago.

    Since Miss Justine is filthy rich, he can be a douche since he can afford the bottle that comes with the nozzle.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......