Monday, January 17, 2011

Listen

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: “We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal.”
I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slaveowners will be able to sit down together at a table of brotherhood.
I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a desert state, sweltering with the heat of injustice and oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.
I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.
I have a dream today.

5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Martin. Happy Martin Luther King Day, Bob!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful human being he was. His message of love and tolerance is as important today as ever before. Happy Martin Luther King Day to all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best speech I ever heard! Followed by JFK's inaugural speech. President Obama is a gifted speaker, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best. Speech. Ever.

    He was a beacon in a very dark time. We need someone like him now, to lead us out of this quagmire we seem to find ourselves in presently.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is my hero. Equality for EVERYONE!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......