Friday, January 07, 2011

I Didn't Say It.......................

Grampa McCain, now saying that he will help with the implementation of the repeal of DADT:
"I think I have to do everything I can to make sure that the impact on the morale, retention, recruitment and battle effectiveness of the military is minimized as much as possible. It is a law and I have to do whatever I can to help the men and women who are serving, particularly in combat, cope with this new situation. I will do everything I can to make it work."

Let's see, he first said he'd support it if military leaders said it was the right thing to do, but when they said it was the right thing to do he changed his mind and was against it.
Then he said he'd support it if a study was done on members of the military and we got their opinion that repeal was necessary, but then we did a study with members of the military who said a repeal was necessary and he changed his mind again and was against it.
Yeah, I believe him this time.
Asshat.
 
Steve Buckley, Boston Herald sports columnist, coming out:
I’ve put this off long enough. I haven’t been fair to my family, my friends or my co-workers. And I certainly haven’t been fair to myself: For too many years I’ve been on the sidelines of Boston’s gay community but not in the game — figuratively and literally, as I feel I would have had a pretty good career in the (gay) Beantown Softball League....Over the past couple of months I have discussed the coming-out process with my family and a few friends, and have had sit-downs with Herald editor-in-chief Joe Sciacca and sports editor Hank Hryniewicz, as well as with WEEI’s Glenn Ordway. They’ve been great, as have my friends and family....But during this same period, I have read sobering stories about people who came undone, killing themselves after being outed. These tragic events helped guide me to the belief that if more people are able to be honest about who they are, ultimately fewer people will feel such devastating pressure....It’s my hope that from now on I’ll be more involved. I’m not really sure what I mean by being “involved,” but this is a start: I’m gay.

It is a start Steve, and welcome.
Any day now you'll be receiving your copy of the Gay Agenda--in which we describe who we will take over the world--and, of course, a toaster oven.
Welcome out.

James Franco, once again addressing the questions of his sexuality, and the reason he plays so many gay roles:
“It’s funny because the way that kind of stuff is talked about on blogs is so black-and-white...It’s all cut-and-dry identity politics. 'Is he straight or is he gay?' Or, 'This is your third gay movie — come out already!' And all based on, gay or straight, based on the idea that your object of affection decides your sexuality....There are lots of other reasons to be interested in gay characters than wanting myself to go out and have sex with guys. And there are also lots of other aspects about these characters that I’m interested in, in addition to their sexuality. So, in some ways it’s coincidental, in other ways it’s not. I mean, I’ve played a gay man who’s living in the ’60s and ’70s, a gay man who we depicted in the ‘50s, and one being in the ‘20s. And those were all periods when to be gay, at least being gay in public, was much more difficult. Part of what I’m interested in is how these people who were living anti-normative lifestyles contended with opposition. Or, you know what, maybe I’m just gay.”

Or, maybe you're just an actor playing a role.
I mean, does anyone really believe that Anthony Hopkins killed a man and ate his liver?
Seriously?

Kathy Griffin, on ringing down the curtain on My Life On The D-List:
"It was a really tough decision because I think of the D-List as pretty much my baby for the last six seasons and I also think it was really time to stop doing it. Reality is great, but I really didn't set out to be a reality star. So now it's time to spread my wings and show that I'm a little different than Kate Gosselin. I'm not saying better, but maybe separate myself from the pack a little bit. I just cannot get enough or do enough stand-up. And there's so much fun stuff going on – from Oprah's launch of [cable network] OWN … not to mention the new Paula Abdul show [Live to Dance] or who knows what celebrity run-in I've had myself. [I'm] trying to keep the material as up to the minute as possible. Audiences know when they come to see me live, they're going to see new stuff. [And] as long as there's a show called My Strange Addiction about a woman who only eats toilet paper … then I have to do stand up."

And I, for one, will be watching, and laughing, and quoting you ad nauseum the next day.
 
Rhode Island Governor Lincoln Chafee, in his inaugural address, calling on lawmakers to approve a marriage equality bill in the state:
"I urge the General Assembly to quickly consider and adopt this legislation. When marriage equality is the law in Rhode Island, we honor our forefathers who risked their lives and fortune in the pursuit of human equality. Rhode Island today must be as welcoming to all as [the state's founder] Roger Williams intended it to be. Mark my words, these two actions will do more for economic growth in our state than any economic development loan."

It's the economy, stupid.
And it's equality.
And it's fair.
And it's about time.

Former Catholic, now Episcopalian, priest, Alberto Cutié, on the hypocrisy of Catholic leaders who accept secret homosexual relationships:
"There are so many homosexuals, both active and celibate, at all levels of clergy and Church hierarchy that the church would never be able to function if they were really to exclude all of them from ministry.''

Why is it surprising that church leaders know about priests having gay relationships and saying nothing about them.
The church is built on secrecy and denial and hypocrisy.
They knew about priests raping young boys and kept it a secret and denied it.
That's what they do, protect the church's image, and bank accounts, at all costs.

Anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan, on the military mentality, and the treatment of our soldiers:

"Joining the US military should never be an option for the socially conscious while our troops are being used as corporate tools for profit, or hired assassins for imperial expansion. Soldiers are called: 'Bullet sponges,' by their superiors and "dumb animals" by Henry Kissinger, the former secretary of state....While soldiers are dehumanised and treated like dirt, they are taught to dehumanise 'the other', and treat them as less than dirt. It is a vicious cycle, and the way to stop a vicious cycle is to denounce and reject it, not openly participate. I want to bang my head against a wall when another young gay person commits suicide as a result despicable bullying, yet people within the same community have fought hard for the right to openly join the biggest bully ever! Don’t go, don’t kill!"
It seems like you take a young man, or young woman, who wants to do the right thing and serve their country, and then break them down bit by bit, bullying them, taunting them, abusing them, until they become automatons who only orders without question.
Where is the dignity and the respect for our soldiers and for human life? Where is that instruction?

Bill James, a County Commissioner in North Carolina, telling us all he knows about gay people: 
“Homosexuals are sexual predators. Allowing homosexuals to serve in the U.S. military with the endorsement of the Mecklenburg County Commission ignores a host of serious problems related to maintaining US military readiness and effectiveness not the least of which is the current Democrat plan to allow homosexuals (male and female) to share showers with those they are attracted to. The US Government would not allow Hetero men and women to share showers and other personal facilities yet the leading homosexual in Congress (Barney Frank) thinks it is OK for homosexuals to do so allowing enlisted men and women to fall prey to higher ranking or more powerful homosexuals who ogle them (or worse).”

Sounds like someone spends an awful lot of time imagining what homosexual men do with one another.
I wonder who's the predator now.
Fucktard.

4 comments:

  1. I'm very proud of Steve Buckley. However I'm disgusted by some of things his commenters said. One basically said, "That's great, now stop talking about it. Heterosexuals don't go around flaunting their sexuality, so neither should you." The commenter won't be happy until Steve is locked back up in his closet.

    What the commenter is apparently blind to is the fact that heteros *do* flaunt it constantly. What can be done to make straight folks recognize this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great point, Cubby. But I think I is even deeper than that. Heterosexuals don't have to flaunt anything. They are the top of the food chain. Everyone naturally expects people to be heterosexual, rarely do they ever ask if you have a special "him or her", it's always wife if your male and husband if your female, or something like that. Gays who remain in the closet are "guilty" of being heterosexual simply because they don't declare otherwise. So the @$$hole commentators giving Steve a hard time are just used to the fact that they don't have to announce to the world, "Hey, by the way, I'm hetero." It's just assumed. That makes it sound like we focus on it a lot more. When we say "gay rights", it seems like we want special rights. But that is only because heterosexuals don't have to say "heterosexual rights". Their rights are always protected by everyone. Just because....

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, almost forgot. Bill James is a huge fucktard. Should have given him his credit in the last comment. I got carried away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. James Franco is such a tease. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......