Monday, January 03, 2011

It's A New Year!

Carlos and I spent a mellow New Year's Eve.
We've done the parties and the madness and the traffic and the Be On The Look Out For Crazy Drunks Driving, so we stayed home and had a nice meal, and watched a little TV, and then tuned in to see my Husband-In-My-Head, Andy Cooper, and my BFF, Kathy G, in Times Square. I may have driven Carlos a little crazy by constantly gushing over how adorable Andy C is but I couldn't help myself.
At midnight, we popped the cork on a bottle of bubbly and drank to ten years past and more than that coming up.
Then we were in bed by 12:30 AM!
Par-tay!
New Year's Day was the undoing of Christmas. Lights and decorations came down from the outside of the house, and lights, and ornaments and trees came down from the inside of the house. By 11:30 AM there was no longer any sign of Christmas. It's over!
Then we showered and shaved and primped and fussed--and I found a nifty red bandanna to wear a round my head to cover my Shingles scabs--and we went around the corner to Round-The-Way-Gays, Neal and David, for a New Year';s Day party. Lots of local gays and lesbians, mixed in with a few token heterosexuals, mixed in with martinis, mimosas and wine, proved to be just the way to celebrate 2011.
There was the usual abundance of great food, from Ham and Fried Turkey, to Hoppin' John and Collards, Mac'n'Çheese, Deviled Eggs and a Pineapple Casserole, with Brie and Nuts and Sausages in a Blanket to snack on. There was Pumpkin Pie and Truffles, and Coconut Cream Cake and Red velvet Cheesecake and Chocolate Torte.
It was a calorie buster. But it was a lovely day, and a great way to ring in another year, surrounded by good friends, and new friends, and laughter and love, and, well, yes, food.
I am thinking of returning to work this week now that my face is looking more face-like. I have just one stubborn scab left, but it isn't so offensive, and I think I can cover it up with a bandage. I have a few red blotches, but with some ointment and some quiet mneditation, I think they'll disappear soon.
I'm looking forward to 2011, as i think I look forward to very new year. I am always one for the unknown, the surprise, the unexpected, as long as most of those fall into the welcome surprise category. I see lots of changes ahead, and feel that great things will be coming.
And how about you?
How was your New Year's Celebration? Wild? Tame?
What do you expect from 2011?

4 comments:

  1. Very quiet as benefits two folks with sneezy, wheezy, coughy symptoms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super boring for us. I wish we lived somewhere that we didn't have to drive to get anywhere. Living within walking distance of a gay bar would be a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed your New Year celebration. We went to Beth's sisters for a night of Rock Band, did not get home until 0400 :o) Happy New Year to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bob, sounds like you and Carlos had fun. That's all that is really important. I'm afraid we didn't do much of anything to ring in the new year. We were in bed before you.

    We had a lot more fun celebrating my 40th B-day.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......