Friday, September 10, 2010

I Didn't Say It.....

Cindy Jacobs, on the downfall of society because Madonna kissed Britney on TV, at a "Christian" rally in Sacramento last weekend:
"This girl-on-girl kissing, Madonna kissing Britney Spears, and what happened to Britney after that and a lot of other things. I know we’re going out over worldwide television. I want to tell you, bisexuality, every kind of perverse thing, the Bible calls this sin. And I want the women of God to kneel down right now and we are going to put a stop to this in our generation and we are going to say 'No More!'"

Two women kissed on a TV show and the world as we know it is coming to an end.
Cindy? I think that kiss kinda made you tingly in places you'd never been tingly before. Why else bring up a seven-year-old kiss?

Australian medal-winning swimmer Stephanie Rice, apologizing for Tweeting "suck on that faggots - probs the best game I've ever seen - well done boys") after a rugby game:
"My comments were thoughtless and careless but I can assure you when I made those comments on Twitter I never intended to offend anybody. I've learned a lot in the last couple of days. I've learned I must think before I speak and this has been a very important lesson. I've also learned that some things you say can mean more to others than they do to you...I felt I've let a lot of people down. I just want people to know how sorry I am. I'm just here to gain people's trust back and show how out of character it was."

I think we take her at her word.
I haven't heard that she's uttered these sorts of things before, so move on.
But, yes, there is a but, we need to make "faggot" not quite such a hateful thing to call someone.
Straight or gay.

Gay Olympic diver Matthew Mitcham, coming to Rice's defense, on Twitter:
"I agree, it was offensive & very thoughtless, but being friends with her for 2years, I know she is not homophobic...She meant no malice, & she has apologised for her careless comment posted in the excitment of the moment....That's enough for me to forgive a friend...She's not a homophobe. She luvs gays but used very ill-chosen language...I don't in any way support or condone WHAT she said, but her apology & remorse is genuine & we are good friends."

At some point, like Matthew, we need to move beyond the condemnation of the person for their words and understand people say things in the heat, and excitement, of the moment.

Scissor Sisters vocalist Ana Matronic, on her late gay father, who died of AIDS when she was a teenager:
"Mum said, 'We can't get back together because dad is gay.' It wasn't said in a brutal or shocking way. Although I was young, I knew dad now felt about men the way that he had once felt about my mother. Basically, I understood this meant they'd never be together - and at six, that sucked.I may have chosen that path subconsciously, but I didn't think, 'Right, life mission: I'm going to understand what it's like to be a gay man. I've always been a very flamboyant person and I think I would have ended up there anyway. I was born and raised in a very artistic household. I went to drama classes at school. My mother is an incredibly artistic woman. I think that regardless of whether or not my father was gay, I would have sought out creatively passionate people."

People are people, straight or gay, and some of them die from AIDS, straight or gay.
But it affects us all.

Danielle Staub, on being fired--though she says she quit--from Bravo's Real Mafia Wives Of New Jersey:
"I'm way too good for this. They have used me about as much as I can be used. I think it's time for me to move on and upward. I don't see any interest for me to be attacked like that. I mean, what's left for [the other castmates]? To kill me? Bravo seems to be glorifying their behavior. And I think it's almost like telling children to behave poorly at school, 'It's OK.'"

Once a victim always a lying manipulative famewhore looking to score another fifteen minutes of fame and get some more money for the plastic surgeon, and the legal team keeping her from prison.

Andy Cohen on Bravo's sexuality:
"I always saying we’re bi, but I think it’s kind of how I view myself being gay—it’s just one of things that I am. So Bravo may or may not be gay, but I think there’s a lot of other things going on. I think for the gay people on Bravo, it’s one of the things that they are—they’re not on Bravo because they’re gay."

Oh, Andy, bring Bravo out of the closet.
It's gay.
Way gay.
It's so gay that I should have my own show on Bravo.

Susan Sarandon, on her breakup with Tim Robbins:
"The nation mourned. I had a lot of people who came up to me and were not as upset as I was–but were definitely upset. I did feel a sense of responsibility, because I knew that people had a certain idea of how I was and who we were. And in that sense …But on your deathbed, it's not really going to matter how those people felt."

This is a smart sexy confident woman and if I were heterosexual man I might be turned on by her.
Who am I kidding, I am turned on by a smart sexy confidant woman.
I could always use another Fag Hag.

Katie Holmes, Tom Cruise's Stepford wife, on not having any more children--right now--with the diminutive former star:
"Maybe in a couple of years, but right now I want to make sure I'm really there for Suri. I'm the youngest in my family — my closest sister is five years older than me, and the next one is nine years ahead of me, so I was a bit of an only child, and I liked it! I liked having all of my mom's attention, and sometimes I think I still do. [Plus] we travel a lot, and so for me, it's keeping a daily schedule for Suri that never changes. We wake up and we do the same thing. She does her chores. If she doesn't get her chores done, I notice she's not really herself. She has to make her bed, she has to take her dishes to the sink, she has to put her clothes in the laundry — you know, that basic stuff."

And by "basic stuff," I think she means Suri rings for the maid to make her bed, and do her laundry.And by waiting until Suri is older, i think she means waiting for the Church of Scientology to give it's okay.

4 comments:

  1. My nephew and his wife met Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins at the Oscars a few years ago. My nephew's host introduced them all and they started shaking hands and exchanging pleasantries, when suddenly Sarandon screeched that she didn't have time for "this shit" and bolted off. Robbins was deeply apologetic and talked with them for a few minutes while Sarandon was off by herself freaking out about something.

    Bob, you might want to reconsider whether you would want a demon bitch like her as your fag hag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is Andy Cohen kidding? I don't personally know any straight people who watch Bravo. Or admit to it.

    People like Cindy Jacobs have to get over themselves. That lesbo kiss between Madonna and Britney wasn't her personal 9/11.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the enlightenment. I too am a huge Susan Sarandon fan... Regardless of the personal stuff, she knows how to act!

    Regards

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been a fan of Susan Sarandon's for a long time. Interesting personal story about her. I still like her acting and activism. She might have been having "a moment."

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......