Friday, September 03, 2010

I Didn't Say It.....

Thomas McInerney, retired United States Air Force Lieutenant General, feeding the Birthers:
"For the foregoing reasons, it is my opinion that LTC Lakin's request for discovery relating to the President's birth record in Hawaii is absolutely essential to determining not merely his guilt or innocence but to reassuring all military personnel once and for all for this President whether his service as Commander in Chief is Constitutionally proper. He is the one single person in the Chain of Command that the Constitution demands proof of natural born citizenship. This determination is fundamental to our Republic, where civilian control over the military is the rule. According to the Constitution, the Commander is Chief must now, in the face of serious -- and widely-held -- concerns that he is ineligible, either voluntarily establish his eligibility by authorizing release of his birth records or this court must authorize their discovery. The invasion of his privacy is utterly trivial compared to the issues at stake here. Our military MUST have confidence their Commander in Chief lawfully holds his office and absent which confidence grievous consequences may ensue."

I'll say, over and over and over again.
Asked. And. Answered, you dumbass.

Matthew Mitcham, Australian Olympic Gold medalist diver, calling on footballers to come out of the closet:

"If their environment allows them to feel comfortable enough to come out, I see absolutely no reason why not. All the footy codes have been doing so much work to stamp out homophobia in their sports, and I think it's so brilliant and such a proactive thing on their part. It's a part of me that I love and enjoy and I like being known as gay. I see it as something positive, so it's just another positive thing to be known as."

Seriously, people don't care who you score with as long as you score for the team. And then go home and score one for yourself.

Miss Universe, Jimena Navarrete, of Mexico, on same-sex marriage:

"I believe that every person in this world has the right to profess the beliefs they have and I am in agreement. We have to respect what each human being decides to do with their lives, no? Clearly, there are limitations, of course, also, as there also are with heterosexual couples, no? Better said, there are limitations for any of the two - if they are heterosexual or homosexual - but I believe we have to learn to be respectful because they are people who are the same as us. There is no difference. And I don't believe it's just to discriminate somebody based on the gender they prefer, no? Based on the partner they choose to select, if it's a man or a woman. The truth is that I am absolutely against discrimination and, well, what can I say. I have many friends who are homosexual and I adore them. And they are equal folk: There is no reason we should want to set them aside, there is no reason why we shouldn't let them enjoy what they want to enjoy with their partner."

Mexico gets Jimena Navarrete and we got Carrie Prejean?
Seriously, which one is the progressive country again?

Mary Louise Parker. on Bill O'Reilly's dumbass comments regarding Jennifer Aniston and single parenting:

"Why is being a single mother destructive? Give me a break. He sounds like an idiot. Who is he again? Maybe he’s right, I don’t know. I don’t think you necessarily have to be part of a traditional nuclear family to be a good mother. A lot of children from traditional nuclear families have really unhappy childhoods, and they have dysfunctional, distant parents who don’t pay attention to them. Also, some people don’t plan on being single parents. It’s not like you’re sitting at home and thinking, ‘Wow, I’d really like to do this by myself. I’d love to wake up six times a night and change diapers and have nobody to help me. That’d be great!’ I certainly didn’t do that. I think that opinion is pretty narrow-minded. People like him - and I don’t even know who he is, so this is just a guess… they usually just say shit like that for attention. He probably comes from a nuclear family and didn’t get enough attention as a child."

What O'Reilly, and his ilk, fail to realize, is that children need love and nurturing, and they can get it from a two-parent, opposite-sex household, or a two patent same-sex household, or a single parent, male or female household.
Let's ask Bill to investigate all the screwups and fucktards that came from "traditional" two parent households, and see what he finds.

Jamie Lee Curtis, on Lindsanity Lohan:
"I just have compassion. I don't know anything about the facts of any of the cases. What I have is compassion that a young child is thrown into the public eye and then has the media onslaught attached to it. Now, she's made choices, I've made choices. We all have to live with our choices. But I feel empathy. These young people are thrust into a 24-7 camera and the thing that makes the press is the most exaggerated behaviors. So then they're thrown out there in this media circus - and I can never judge one of them because I don't know them, but I feel tremendous empathy for this overwhelming set of circumstances. I couldn't handle having a camera on me 24 hours a day."


Jamie is trying to be nice, but Lindsay Lohan and her fame-whoring mother, created these exaggerated circumstances, and feed off of them, and then act as though they're above the consequences.
They aren't.


Paris Hilton's hairstylist, Michael Boychuck, on Paris' latest drug arrest:
“Paris and I have been texting since her arrest. Poor girl; my heart goes out to her and I feel bad about what happened. She told me the cocaine they found did not belong to her. She expressed to me that her career is very important and she would never do drugs or anything else for that matter to destroy what she's worked so hard for. I’ve known Paris for 18 years and can honestly say I’ve never seen her use drugs. She's a sweet, hard-working girl and unfortunately she's in a bad position right now. But she will be fine and these bogus charges will be dropped.”

She doesn't do drugs because she has a career?
As what?
A drugged up globetrotting fame-whoring heiress?
And she needs a hairdresser to come to her defense?

Pat Buchanan, on Judge Vaughan Walker overturning Prop H8:

"Federal Judge Vaughn Walker is truly a visionary. Peering at the 14th Amendment, Walker found something there the authors of the amendment never knew they put there, and even the Warren Court never found there: The states of the Union must recognize same-sex marriages as equal to traditional marriage. With his discovery, Walker declared Proposition 8, by which 5.5 million Californians voted to prohibit state recognition of gay marriage, null and void. What the people of California voted for is irrelevant, said Walker; you cannot vote to take away constitutional rights. This is not just judicial activism. This is judicial tyranny. Walker says the only motivations behind Proposition 8 had been "biases" and "moral disapproval," and "moral disapproval ... has never been a rational basis for legislation." But what else is the basis for laws against polygamy and incest? What else was the basis for the Mann Act, which prevented a man from taking his girlfriend across the state line to a motel? What is the basis for prohibiting prostitution, a free exchange of money for sexual favors, if not "moral disapproval"? What the judge is saying with this opinion is that the majority cannot define morality, and, even if it does, it cannot impose it. We are defenseless against what we believe to be moral decadence."

Oh Pat, really? The gay card and the incest card and the polygamy card and the prostitution card? Isn't there a hurricane you can blame on us, too?
The majority cannot rule on the minority, you fucktard.

Governor Rick Perry, on not wanting to be president and what's right about Texas:

"I have no intention to go to Washington, D.C., except maybe to go to a museum, like the Smithsonian. There is still a land of opportunity, friends — it's called Texas. We're creating more jobs than any other state in the nation. ... Would you rather live in a state like this, or in a state where a man can marry a man?"

Rick? You're an idiot.
Some of those very jobs you are so proud of creating are going to men, who go home to other men; or woman, going home to other women.
And we'd all rather be in a state where our governor isn't a sanctimonious prick without the good sense god gave a longhorn.

Charlie Crist, on a constitutional ban on same-sex marriage:
"I feel the same way, yes, because I feel that marriage is a sacred institution, if you will. But I do believe in tolerance. I'm a live and let live kind of guy, and while I feel that way about marriage, I think if partners want to have the opportunity to live together, I don't have a problem with that. And I think that's where most of America is. So I think that you know, you have to speak from the heart about these issues. They are very personal. They have a significant impact on an awful lot of people and the less the government is telling people what to do, the better off we're all going to be. But when it comes to marriage, I think it is a sacred institution. I believe it is between a man and woman, but partners living together, I don't have a problem with."

Yes, Charlie, tolerate me. And then deny me quality.
How is that tolerant, especially coming from a Larry-Craig-Toe-Tapping-Ken-Mehlman-self-loathing kind of homo?
Come out already. Maybe you and Ken can share that new Chelsea loft.


Dan Savage, on Christians who favor LGBT equality:
"I have no beef with evangelical Christians who support full civil equality for gays and lesbians despite believing that gay sex is a sin. Heck, I'll personally mow the lawns of evangelical Christians who refrain from actively persecuting gays and lesbians. I've said that the gay rights movement shouldn't get into arguments about theology and that people have a right to their own beliefs. I frankly don't care if someone thinks I'm going to hell after death and I'm not going to argue with him for the same reason I'm not going to argue with someone who believes that I'm going to the lost continent of Atlantis after dinner. All gays and lesbians want from evangelical Christians is the same deal the Jews and the yoga instructors and the atheists and the divorced and the adulterers and the rich all get: full civil equality despite the going-to-hell business. (And isn't hell punishment enough? Do we have to be persecuted here on earth too? It's almost as if they don't trust God to persecute us after we die. Have a little faith, people!)"

I'm with Dan.Believe what you wanna believe--that I'm awful and going to hell for whom I love--but keep your god out of my government.
You: Praise Jesus.
Me: Praise Harvey.

Geoff Kors, head of Equality California, on late to the party, new gay, Ken Mehlman:
"One of the things I sincerely hope Ken Mehlman has done or will do is to explain to George W. Bush how denying LGBT people equality causes real harm and how the GOP's anti-equality platform and campaigns lead to teen suicides and hate crimes. I hope he explains how bigotry impacted him and that he has asked George W Bush to join his wife Laura in supporting marriage equality. If he can convince Bush to publicly change his position that would be powerful."And I hope he shares with the public how the GOP used animus towards gay people to pass anti-marriage state constitutional amendments, as that will bolster the federal Prop 8 case. What he does to undo the damage he caused can be a part of his legacy and working with AFER to help overturn Prop 8 is a good start. We all have to hope he goes all out and proves he is a talented political strategist -- this time on the side of equality."

Mehlman has his work cut out for him. I don't care how long you were in the closet, or what "process" brought you out, but you do need to explain your behavior and apologize for it.
It's bad enough that haters work to deny us equality, it's worse when one of our own leads the charge.

5 comments:

  1. Dan Savage has a unique way of looking at things and we loves him for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, Paris' hairstylist has his whole damn head up her ass, doesn't he!

    I think he needs to be visiting a hair salon soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie Curtis is being nice for the media. That's what good people do even when they disagree with something.

    It's funny Paris Hilton's hairstylist came to her rescue. Three incidents. Three "it wasn't my purse!" excuses. Not. Buying. It.

    That picture of Pat Buchanan makes me laugh. It always makes me think, "Good shot, Peter North!"

    As for Rick Perry, I'd rather live in a state where two men can marry than one that has terrible humidity in the summer, floods in the spring and bigotry outside the major cities. My family made that decision a long time ago and I stand by that choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite thing about Mary Louise Parker's quote is that she doesn't know who Bill O'Reilly is, which is saying a lot because all the other stuff she said was pretty great too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A good crop of quotes this week, Bob. Very interesting stuff. Love the nicknames for Craig and Mehlman.
    Mary Louise? Priceless.
    Pat Buchanan. Fucktard.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......