Wednesday, December 04, 2019

Architecture Wednesday: Bunny Run


We’re getting away from the sea and heading inland to a modern take on a farmhouse in Austin, Texas; yes, I know … Texas ... but it’s Austin.

It’s not terribly large, just 3100 square feet, but it’s set on a gorgeous tree-studded lot with all kinds of privacy.  There are four bedrooms and three baths, with two porches, one up, and one down, along with a second-floor loft relaxation spot, though, to be fair, I’d be relaxing in that tub in the master bath.

My one quibble? You walk into the dining room, but then it has windows on two sides overlooking the yard, so maybe, a nice quiet dinner, a couple of bottles of wine and a view? Yeah, I could do that.


As always, click to emBIGGERate ...

OneKindDesign

4 comments:

  1. You had me at the opening picture. Old and new exterior and interior... is always a way to get me. The bookcase and stairs got me also. And im a sucker for a bright kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DH was born in Texas. Many moons ago. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how they incorporated a new addition to the original house?
    Love the high ceilings and the clean lines.
    Yeah, It's Texas, though...

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the interiors. I agree about entering through the dining room. Not uncommon, but now the my favorite design.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......