Thursday, July 02, 2015

Minute Rave: Jeff Amyx Hangs "No Gays Allowed" Sign At His Hardware Store

I know many of you think this post should be a Minute Rant, but, for me, it’s a Rave:

Jeff Amyx, who owns Amyx Hardware & Roofing Supplies in Grainger County, Tennessee, has posted a new sign on his door in the wake of that lovely Supreme Court ruling last Friday; it says:
'No Gays Allowed.’
Amyx, who is also a Baptist minister, put the sign up gay and lesbian couples are against his religion. huh; I guess I missed that part of the Bible — not that I am fully familiar with the text — where it says 'Thou Shalt Not Sell Hardware To Fags or Dykes.'

Anyway, Amyx says that since homosexual people aren’t afraid to stand for what they believe in, Christians should be brave enough to stand for what they believe in.
"They gladly stand for what they believe in, why can't I? They believe their way is right, I believe it's wrong. But yet I'm going to take more persecution than them because I'm standing for what I believe in."
He said he has no plans to take the sign down.


Here’s the rave part: now everyone in Grainger County, in Tennessee, hell, everywhere in the Marriage Equality United States of America, knows where not to buy their hardware.
If you’re gay, stay away; if you’re straight and you hate any form of bigotry or intolerance or hatred, even the kind people mask with a Bible, stay away.

And here’s the queer deal: if I walk past a store that says ‘No Jews Allowed’, I won’t go in, even though I’m not Jewish. If the sign says ‘No Mexicans Allowed’, I’ll stay away even though I’m not a Mexican. No Women Allowed? No Bob going inside; ‘No Blacks,’ ‘No Fats’, ‘No Freckles, No … whatever, I’m staying away, and being thankful that now I know exactly where the bigots and the haters are and where they do business so I can go elsewhere.

Now, the Minute Rave. I see your hate and raise you less business, less money, less profits, and the idea that one day soon your little hardware store will go under and you’ll sit at home in your lonely little house blaming The Gays when all along it was you.

10 comments:

  1. I saw this guy talking on the network news last night. What a douche!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since Michael has me on a gratitude kick at the moment, I would like to say that I am grateful when business owners let me know their issues in advance so that I can spend my money elsewhere. I would hate to think that ten percent ( the traditional Biblical tithe) of my purchase of a hammer in the gentleman's hardware store would wind up in the collection basket of his church where it would be tax exempt while funding politicians whom I find distasteful. So thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that he dialed it back. Gays are allowed to buy in his store now, they just aren't allowed to act gay or impinge on anyone else's right to vocalize their own opinions. At least, that's how I read it. I guess the lure of the almighty dollar was too much for him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suppose he better get his pen back out
    and add 'no fornicators, no adulterers
    allowed' and there goes half his congregation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some people just need a long hard bitch slap

    ReplyDelete
  6. knuckle-dragger! people like him need to FOAD!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess he realized that his publicity stunt might just backfire on him. What an asshole. I am sick to death of the bigoted cretin element in this country. It makes my butt suck lemons.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is it with these people that they are told by the 'good' book to love everyone yet all they seem capable of is hate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I lived in that town, every time I purchased something from a different hardware store, I'd mail this asshat the receipt, just to show him how much money he is losing due to his hate.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......