Friday, July 10, 2015

I Didn't Say It ...

Hillary Clinton, on the Treasury Department’s plan to add a woman to the ten-dollar bill:

“I don’t like the idea that as a compromise you would basically have two people on the same bill. One would be a woman. That sounds pretty second class to me, so I think a woman should have her own bill.”

You know, she’s right. Sure, it’d be said to see that guy who’s on the ten-spot go, but let him go, he had his turn.
Rosa Parks!
Jonathan Groff, on his coming out:

“When I came out, I understood that maybe I wouldn’t be the male romantic lead in a Nicholas Sparks movie. And I’m okay with that. I love theater. I came to New York to be a theater actor. There are a lot of out gay theater actors ... I'd rather be a working actor and not hiding anything in my personal life. Weirdly, after I came out, I began to get a lot more film and television work. That’s all a way of saying that the reason I don’t mind talking about it over and over is because that is the way acceptance happens, and that’s the way you break down those walls. It’s what Harvey Milk said about coming out to all your friends. It’s important. And the more we talk about it, then the less we’ll finally have to talk about it. And for me personally, it feels liberating. I enjoy talking about it because I felt I couldn’t talk about it for so long.”

Word. Everyone needs to come out, as L,G,B, or T, and then there is no shame, no secrecy, no big deal.
President Barack Obama, on the filled-to-the-rim GOP Clown Car:

"They’re going to be making a whole bunch of stuff up, and when I say a lot of stuff, I mean a lot of stuff. You know, we’ve got some healthy competition in the Democratic Party, but I’ve lost count on how many Republicans are running for this job. They’ll have enough for an actual Hunger Games. That is an interesting bunch."

May the odds be ever in our favor.
Jimmy Carter, former President, on marriage equality and his own personal faith:

“That’s no problem with me. I think everybody should have a right to get married regardless of their sex. The only thing I would draw line on, I wouldn’t be in favor of the government being able to force a local church, congregation to perform gay marriages if they didn’t want to. But those two partners should be able to go to a local courthouse or to a different church and get married. That’s no problem.”

It really is that simple, and why the wingnuts don’t see it explains why they’re wingnuts.
Brody Jenner, on his father Bruce’s transition to Caitlyn Jenner and how it has affected their relationship:

“Well, growing up, I didn’t really have the greatest relationship with Bruce. I didn’t see him that often. And Caitlyn is just a much freer person. It’s incredible to see the difference between Caitlyn and Bruce. Bruce and I kind of didn’t really get along. And Caitlyn? It’s literally like trying to get to know somebody — like your dad — over again. But in a better way.”

The times they are a’changing.
Good on Brody, and good on Caitlyn for becoming herself, and making herself a better parent.
PS: Brody's hot.
Jimmy Carter, again, on if he thinks Jesus would have approved of same-sex marriage:

“I believe he would, I don’t have any verse in scripture…I believe Jesus would approve gay marriage, but that’s just my own personal belief. I think Jesus would encourage any love affair if it was honest and sincere and was not damaging to anyone else, and I don’t see that gay marriage damages anyone else.”

Again, very clear very plain; who does my marriage hurt?
Jonathan Groff, again, on whether or not he was disappointed that Madonna was not allowed backstage after she was seen texting in the theater while he was onstage in Hamilton:

“No. Because that bitch was on her phone. You couldn’t miss it from the stage. It was a black void of the audience in front of us and her face there perfectly lit by the light of her iPad through three-quarters of the show.”

I love that he called her out, especially since Madge and her people say it never happened.
Hillary Clinton, again, on which SNL actress — Amy Poehler or Kate McKinnon — does the best Hillary Clinton:

“Amy’s a friend of mine and Kate’s doing a great job. You’re not going to get me to pick one or the other. I think I’m the best Hillary Clinton.”

True dat.

5 comments:

  1. Got a chuckle out of that - "I'm the best Hillary Clinton.
    I appreciate good humor out of any politician, whatever stripe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jimmy carter is a great man.

    and there are at least 3-4 more wingnuts waiting to stuff themselves into the GOP klown van. assholes all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. President Obama has a great sense of humor ... and reality. And the quotes from former President Carter are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jimmy Carter was my hero when he was first elected--I was young and he seemed so open and honest, as if you wouldn't be afraid to talk to him if you ran into him in the street. He's still someone I look up to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to see Harriet Tubman on the $10, or Elinor Roosevelt. But what needs to be changed is the $20 and Jackson. Many Native American's refuse to accept $20's due to Jackson being remembered as a "Indian Killer". We should allow the Native Tribes to pick someone to replace Jackson. It would be nice if we honored the Royalty of Hawaii, that would go a long, long way to make peace with the disgruntled Hawaiians.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......