Kreativ? Is someone missing a spellcheck or are they trying to be cute?
Anywhore, this is what I am supposed to do:
ONE: Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
Thank you, thank you, thank you, Mark In DE for this lovely honor. Muah!
TWO: Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
THREE: Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
Mark at Tales Of The Sissy. Go there now, for some good stuff, and, well, the Crush Du Jour!
FOUR: Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
- I am a dyed-in-the-wool Republican, pro-life, anti-gay, anti-immigration. My goal is to marry Michelle Bachmann and have a bunch of illiterate kids to continue my work. See, I have been fooling all of you all along! Or, maybe I'm just a smartass.
- I used to be a wicked partier, always up for anything and everything, going anywhere at anytime day or night, and having absolutely no regrets. Now, i like a good quiet time with friends, or just a night home with Carlos. i don't miss the wild times. i actually love that i lived through them.
- I hate being called a gay man, because I happen to be a gay woman....okay, there's that smartass thing again. No, I happen to be a man who happens to be gay. I think the best way to feel connected to other people on the planet is to simplify how we define ourselves. We are all human beings, first and foremost, so that should force us to get along. It's all that stuff we add to being human that causes the drama.
- I am fascinated by death. I am not looking to die any time soon, but I am fascinated with the hows and whys of death, and the hows and whys of those affected by it. When I lived in California I volunteered as a hospice worker and spent a great deal of time with people, both young and old, who were terminally ill, and I learned a lot from them. I have been in the room as several people have died and it is nothing to fear; it's just peaceful. Death does not scare me.
- I am a trusting person. But I will not be run over. I have in the past year found that one person I thought was a friend was not a friend, and apparently had never been a friend. And the "friendship" we had was over. Do I miss it? No. Once you've lost trust in someone how can you ever believe another word that comes out of her mouth. Of course, it hasn't help that she continued to bash me to Carlos.......
- I didn't much care for my Dad when I was growing up. Loved him, of course, but wasn't sure I liked him. Maybe it was because I knew I was gay and figured he'd be disappointed in a homo-son. Maybe it was because he was in the Air Force and away a lot when I was a wee lad and I missed him so much i didn't want to get too close for fear he'd go away again. But, as an adult, I found that I am very much my father's son, and that's a good thing. And as I became an adult I became friends with my father; I'd always loved him, but now I liked him.
- I met Carlos online, in an AOL chatroom. I wasn't looking; he wasn't looking. But there we were, and the chats started, and then phone calls and then visits, and then, well, moving 3,000 miles from where I'd lived my whole life, and knowing that it was the perfectly right thing to do. And still feeling that way today. I call that "Shaking The Etch-A-Sketch."
FIVE: Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers and post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
This was tough, because some bloggers, hell, a lot of blogers hate these things, and I'd seen a number of them already given the award. But here are some new friends, and some old friends, and, well, we'll see if we can't all get to know them better:
- Wicked funny Corey at Madtexter
- Lou from Down Under at The Quiet Life
- Froggy at Froggy because she knows The Chicken Story.
- Dan at 41North87West because, well, we were separated at birth.
- Lenore at LenoreNevermore who is divinely fabulous.
- Bob--nice name if I do say so myself--at Bob Out. A peach from Georgia.
- Kyle at Out Left because we think the same way though he is much nicer at expressing his opinions!
Now, you lucky seven, you do not have to complete the task if you so desire. think of it merely as just an honor to be nominated!
SIX: Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.
Done and done.