Monday, April 20, 2009

Not Her Father's Daughter



This is a Republican? They'd better be careful, she sounds almost human.

Meghan McCain:

"The person who stands before you is not confined within the mold of what a daughter of a Republican Presidential candidate 'should' be for some. And that’s OK. Our world is not confined by molds and neither should our nation....People in our country have much more important issues to deal with on a daily basis. But the experience did reinforce what I learned on the campaign trail in some major ways. I’ll summarize them in three points: 1. Most of our nation wants our nation to succeed. 2. Most people are ready to move on to the future, not live in the past. 3. Most of the old school Republicans are scared shitless of that future."

"I am concerned about the environment.

I love to wear black.

I think government is best when it stays out of people’s lives and business as much as possible.

I love punk rock.

I believe in a strong national defense.

I have a tattoo.

I believe government should always be efficient and accountable.

I have lots of gay friends.

And yes, I am a Republican."

3 comments:

  1. I think we'll hear more from her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having lots of gay friends doesn't mean one will vote for equality. Most Republicans have some gay friends (hairdresser, florist, decorator, caterer) whom they prefer to remain exactly as they are: people who serve them and are not equal to them under the law.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meghan is rockin' it!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......