Thursday, July 27, 2023

Bobservations

The other day Carlos asked me to find a piece of music for him on the computer so he could buy it and play it on his trumpet. Well, we searched and searched and couldn’t find exactly what he was looking for and then he suggested we could try a music store where he has gotten oil for his trumpet. But then he remembered another music store he goes to and asked me if we could go there. I asked where that one was and he said:

“It’s by that restaurant where we eat.”

That restaurant? We only eat at one restaurant?”

“You know the one. By that deli we like.”

When I told him I had no idea what he was talking about he asked me to look for it on Google. I searched and searched for “music store by that restaurant we like by the deli” and couldn’t find it.

Here are the late greats, MaxGoldberg and Tuxedo, BFFs for life … from October 2010

“Just For Giggles

I saw this:

And then I saw this:

Coinkydink?”

Those two boys were the best of friends from the first day they met.

Kevin Maxen, an associate strength coach with the Jacksonville Jaguars, os the first male coach in a major U.S.-based professional league to come out as gay:

"I don't want to feel like I have to think about it anymore. I don't want to feel like I have to lie about who I am seeing, or why I am living with someone else. I want to be vocal in support of people living how they want to live, but I also want to just live and not feel fear about how people will react. You have other coaches who have significant others, and they're talking about their significant others, and I felt guilty that I couldn't do the same thing, that I was letting myself down."

Not any longer, Kevin.

Welcome Out and please accept as our gift from HOMO HQ the Official Coming Out Toaster Oven™ and your own copy of The Gay Agenda.

Welcome out.

An all-male panel of anti-abortion religious leaders from around the country have met at an event hosted by Operation Save America—an anti-abortion, anti-LGBTQ and anti-Muslim group—that wants Americans to follow “God’s law” and their interpretation of the Christian gospel. So, they decided that a woman who chooses abortion should be put to death.

They say they’re pro-life but don’t see the hypocrisy.

Elon Musk’s has rebranded Twitter as X because he thinks it’ll turn the site profitable again, when the reason it loses money is not because of the name but because of the asshat owner.

X marks the spot where Twitter died.

A man walks into a bar and there, perched atop the bar, is an antique oil lamp. And he asks the bartender:

“What’s this?”

“I dunno. Maybe the last guy left it?”

The man looks at the lamp, notices a couples of spots on it, and begins rubbing it with his shirt sleeve to clean it when … Poof! A cloud of smoke and a genie appears. And like all genies he offers the man Three Wishes. The man thinks for a moment and then says:

“Turn Texas Governor Greg Abbott into a pregnant woman living in a small house with no power and no air conditioning and no working fridge due to our power grid failing on a 104-degree day.”

The genie smiles and says:

“This one’s on me.”

My kinda genie.

Remember Senator Tommy Tuberville saying White Nationalists aren’t racists? Well, because he’s an ignorant twazcock, people began digging into his past and found that the stories Tommy tells about his father’s military service aren’t exactly truthful.

Tuberville claims that his daddy, Charles Tuberville Jr., lied about his age to join the army, that he was a tank commander, that he earned five Bronze Stars, and that he participated in the D-Day landing. But, an examination of army histories, newspaper reports and other materials show that Big Daddy Tuberville joined the army at 18, never got any Bronze Stars, and was never a tank commander but he might have been there on D-Day.

Let’s see, Republican who thinks White Nationalists aren’t racists is also a liar. Yeah, business as usual.

John Halls is six-foot-tall, 41-year-old former footballer turned model, and the question is: Would You Hit It?

28 comments:

  1. It's like MaxGoldberg and Tuxedo posed for that meme! And I also love that X-Twitter graphic -- sums up the situation perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those boys! I miss them so much.

      Delete
  2. Oh my God you and Carlos. And your Google trick sounds like a stunt I would pull. We smart asses should stick together.

    And the two late greats? My God looks just like the meme! Such cuties.

    And great news about Kevin Maxsen. I wonder if he wants to fill in as coach for my fantasies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kevin is a piece of meat, for sure.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous10:10 AM

    the dog's mother
    (Carlos) (MaxGoldberg & Tuxedo)
    Like that genie!
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes me wish genies were real.
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. Love the Greg Abbott joke, although I have to say that he deserves far, far more than that as karma hopefully approaches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg Abbott deserves full punishment for being a vile human being.

      Delete
  5. Hahahah Oh, Carlos.
    And the kitties!!!!
    As for the repugs, what were you expecting? They lie as part of their job. Always.
    And six-foot-tall ex- footballer? Yes?


    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carlos has a habit of not remembering names and places and then saying to me, "You know what I mean." And I don't.
      Right about Ben!
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. aussieguy10:47 AM

    I always look forward to Thursdays as we're THAT much closer to the weekend and ... Bobservations! I loved the Greg Abbott joke, but wonder who'd want to knock him up? I'll take Kevin over John.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't ay not to a Kevin-John sammich!

      Delete
  7. Did you really think Tuberville was being honest? So, Kevin's a footballer... makes sense to me. Aldean was also the act on stage during the Las Vegas mass shooting, and instead of using his mic to tell people to run before leaving the stage, he ran away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think any GOPer is being honest, but it's especially sad that he lied about his dad's service, because his dad DID serve.

      Delete
  8. MaxGoldberg and Tuxedo, what a perfect pair. Carlos and Bob, too. I can't believe you couldn't find that music store even with all those clues. The genie and the perfect wish! That made me smile even though Greg Asshat is mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carlos then told me that the restaurant is on THAT street. Oy!
      Those two boys together still makes me smile, and get a little teary!

      Delete
  9. John Hall damn footballer isnt that what they do is Hit each other!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of a different kind of hit, but whatever y'all like ....

      Delete
  10. All of these so-called patriots who love America and our troops are so full of shit sometimes. This is the one that drives me bonkers with Trump is that he dodged the draft but people still support him. I just heard that Ted Nugent got out of the draft as well. They love America so much that they have no people sending off young men to die for their country. Sorry for the rant. I do love the tale of Carlos this week mostly because that is something i have done with Mrs. Shife.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you 100% on the rant.
      Carlos does have a way with ... directions? Locations???

      Delete
  11. I didn't think the political scene in America could get any worse and then you tell me about Operation Save America! What a bunch of numbskulls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's scary the idiots out there, and the fact that they have followers.

      Delete
  12. Aw...Tux and Max were adorable together. Carlos makes me laugh though I'm suprised Google came up with nothing. :p
    The hypocrisy of the right is simply mind boggling. I sure hope their imaginary god sends fire and brimstone their way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tuxedo and Max were such good friends; we miss them every day.
      Carlos makes me laugh, too.
      Lastly, I just can't with the hypocrisy. I need some people run out of office permanently.

      Delete
  13. When Google starts responding with, "I remember that one, I have scheduled an appointment with a doctor for your evaluation" shoot your phone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may shoot my phone anyway!

      Delete
  14. Will there be a Hallmark Holiday movie about the romance of MaxGoldberg and Tuxedo? I would watch that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would, too, though, for me, it'd be hard to find two cats to play these wonderful ones.
      xoxo

      Delete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......