Wednesday, July 05, 2023

Architecture Wednesday: 70s Flashback

This beautiful home, a time machine of sorts as it hasn’t been touched since 1975, is nestled in the desirable Lower Topanga neighborhood on a cul-de-sac; the post and beam architectural masterpiece boasting sweeping views of the city, flourishing gardens, and a detached guest house.

The dramatic great room features a 20-foot rock fireplace and walls of glass that lead out to a series of decks and patios, inviting the outdoors in. There are three bedrooms downstairs, an office/flex area on the main level, and a loft with bathroom upstairs. The primary suite features an authentic brick fireplace, and opens up to its own deck with panoramic views and gardens.

Outside are private patio areas, pond, sauna, hot tub, diverse mature trees, shrubs, and flowering bushes, along with a separate studio guest house with its own private patios. And there is also a detached children's playhouse and a six-car garage.

And it’s close to PCH and the shops and restaurants in Malibu.

21 comments:

  1. Throw down area rugs for dogs and I could live there... though that far up in the canyon I'd probably be worried about fires.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And if the fires don't get you, there's always the mudslides and the earthquakes!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous9:49 AM

    the dog's mother
    Ditto on the dogs. When we changed
    to wood floors here we had to have
    rugs made for one dog to get around.
    Loverly views!
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A couple of rugs and you're good to go.
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. That place is lovely, Bob, but it looks too nice to be "untouched" since 1975. My house is from 1976 and I still have linoleum and floral wallpaper in my laundry room! Maybe one day it will be considered "vintage" and be in again!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess they mean they didn't try to modernize it too much; tile counters, all that wood. That's why i love it.

      Delete
  4. Who would have thought that a house with that entrance would be so grand? It's fabulous. The views, the lines. And that master bedroom! Damn.
    I would go live in the tiny house in the backyard, though...

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The views and the decks and the greenery sold me!

      Delete
  5. Oh yeah! But I'm drawn to that little guest house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need more space that that, but if you and SG were to visit ... ?

      Delete
  6. Love every inch of this place and thank god it survived the Old Topanga Fire. It would have been a great loss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The house is beautiful but the property and views are amazing.

      Delete
  7. I am not a rustic gal but I love it.

    I would love to see it with out the trick/staged lighting. Has any one found the fridge? Love the outside and the views. One can never have too many windows. The guest house is nice. I I can change the children's playhouse for an adult rumpus room. It's near Malibu. I can invite Cher over, with her latest young boyfriend, for a cocktail or two. I will hold court in the upstairs bedroom with its own deck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the area and the windows and the fireplaces and ... yeah, I love it.

      Delete
  8. I'm normally not a fan of open kitchens, but I love everything about this house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am no fan of tile countertops, but since I get to look out at that view while in the kitchen, I can bite that bullet!

      Delete
  9. Yep, that's the one for me. It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beautiful house, but I think I'd be living out on those decks most of the time!

      Delete
  10. A little to knotty pine for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a lot of wood, but all the windows seem to make up for it for me. Those views :::sigh:::

      Delete
  11. Gorgeous place, but wrong location for me, sweetpea!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......