Saturday, March 04, 2023

Snarky Thoughts

We learned last week that Madge broke up with her 23-year-old model boyfriend Andrew Darnel and was said to be suffering from the breakup. Luckily, Madge eased her pain by starting to date 29-year-old boxing coach Josh Popper a few days later.

My Thought: She’s resilient, that Madge.

photo

Rolling Stone‘s 200 Greatest Singers list was a hot mess, first because folks—not me—were horrified that the magazine snubbed Celine Dion. And now we’re learning that Chaka Khan is also annoyed at the list, not just because of her spot there—she came in at #29. During a recent stop at The Originals podcast Chaka wasted no time reading others on the list, and the idea of a list itself:

“I didn’t even know what the hell you were talking about, so obviously this don’t mean a great deal to me. These people don’t quantify or validate me in any way.”

She threw shade all over Mimi, suggesting Carey’s spot at #5 was bought and paid for … “That must be payola or some shit like that.” And when asked about Adele, who also came in ahead of Chaka at 22, Khan just threw up her hands and said: “OK, I quit.”

But she was furious about Mary J. Blige, coming in … again, ahead of Chaka … at #25, saying that when Blige “fucked up” her song Sweet Thing when Mary covered it on her debut album What’s the 411? And then she claimed the judges at Rolling Stone were:

“Blind as a motherfucking bat! They need hearing aids…These must be the children of Helen Keller!”

My Thought: I don’t quite get the idea of the judges being blind, but then I don’t get much of Chaka Khan. I know she sang about being every woman, but she certainly doesn’t care much for every woman.

photo

Apparently an audience member at former RHONY “star” Luann de Lesseps’ cabaret show was so overcome with emotion by the sheer talent of a reality star that she vomited all over the former Countess.

My Thought: I would think that would be  anormal thing. I mean if you’d heard Luann sing you’d probably blow chunks, too.

photo

Speaking of former RHONY “stars” Bethenny Frankel, who apparently has nothing going on in her life, so she’s talking, again, about the time she was a contestant on Martha Stewart’s version of The Apprentice an lost, and how, to this day Martha doesn’t like her. Bethenny was a contestant on the show and placed second and says Martha was a big old meanie to her when giving her the ax … though I might have used an actual ax:

“What she said to me when she fired me was insane. She said, “Bethenny, you’re pushy, you’re a show-off and you feel the need to make a physical impression which is not entirely necessary at Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia.” …Oh yeah, she hated me. She hated me.”

My Thought: Since I have never heard Marth mention Bethenny once since kicking her off the show, it sure looks like Bethenny’s the butt-hurt one.

photo

Finally, someone worth talking about … Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl spent over 24 hours volunteering at Hope the Mission’s Trebek Center in Northridge, California preparing brisket, pork butt, ribs and more for hundreds of homeless people.

Grohl and his fellow barbecuers took turns smoking the meat overnight even as a major winter storm moved through Southern California, dumping hail and rain and a little snow on the shelter that night. And when dinner was being served, Grohl stayed front and center serving the unhoused community, and posing for pictures with anyone who asked. .

My Thought: He could have sent a check, he could have catered the evening dinner, but he showed up and worked and served to make the lives of many homeless people a little smoother, a little easier, if even for one day.  We should all be like Dave.

photo

24 comments:

  1. I can't imagine at Madge's age, my age, dating a 23 year old, I am not that resilient.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cher's new boyfriend is forty years younger that her; but, unlike Madge, she's not running from boytoy to boytoy.

      Delete
  2. There is no reason that older women shouldn't have younger partners (apart from it being something of a social taboo); many of my friends have younger partners. But (note to Madge) they do NOT try and look more like their partner's children. And grief needs more than 2-3 days to subside, so forgive me if I am unable to empathise much with Madge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've no problem with people dating younger, even much younger, but Madge played the broken-heart song a few days ago, and now she's back on the boy-toy hookup.

      Delete
  3. No one dates Madge without knowing she's already looking for a replacement. Personally, I do think Chaka can sing much better than Mimi, though she's definitely behind Adele. And Dave Grohl? You're so right. We need so many more just like him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just came for Chaka's shade.

      Delete
  4. I adore Dave Grohl. The photo you shared choked me up when I first saw it. We need more humans like Dave Gohl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire Dave Grohl. The others not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bravo Dave Grohl. I feel like I don't do enough.

    Isn't Bethenny in some kind of bad-health situation? I saw a headline about it but didn't read the story.

    Hey, if Madge can catch a 29-year old, why not?! Let's hear it for resilience!

    Those list articles are always stupid, which Chaka knows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Madge's people said she was devastated when her 23-year-old boyfriend broke-up with her last week, and she doesn't seem so devastated now.
      I like Chaka's shade.

      Delete
  7. aussieguy1:54 PM

    I salute you, Dave Grohl!

    As for the others? Mamas, don't let your babies "date" Madge! And "Real" Housewives? Puh-leez. I've never paid any attention to that shit. Although, blowing chunks on it sounds about right...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like some Housewives nonsense, cuz I'm shallow like that. But I much prefer the good sense, and common sense, of folks like Dave Grohl!

      Delete
  8. Dave Grohl! When I first saw the news on tv about what he did, I literally clapped and cheered! Here in LA, far too many "celebrities" do things with their publicist nearby handing out "fact sheets." Huzzah for a person doing something because there is a need they can satisfy! As for the others, I think you KNOW how I feel about them, sweetpea! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grohl did this all on his own, and that's admirable when others do things only when a camera is around.
      xoxo

      Delete
  9. Dave Grohl gets five gold stars.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WWDD? What would Dave do? An inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......