Thursday, March 02, 2023

Bobservations

A few weeks back, Carlos was diagnosed as pre-diabetic and his doctor asked about his usual breakfast … which, to be fair, includes a lot of fruits, but also bread with honey and butter. So she told him to cut out the butter … and the honey … and the bread … and you would have thought she had sentenced him to death.

Cut to this morning, and he was eating a mango for breakfast and said that he and his family ate so many mangoes as he was growing up that they often joked about being “monkeys in trees" and I said:

“Why? Were you also throwing feces at one another?”

He looked so hurt I let him have a slice of bread … and he swung chimp-like from the chandelier.

This was about the first time Tuxedo appeared on my blog, way back in January 2009. He was part of a longer post, and since I am not sure I can bring back the Tuxedo Says part of Bobservations just yet, I will repost stories of “my boy” …

“As for that cat down there; he's Tuxedo, and I'm posting his picture to annoy Carlos.

See, Tuxedo is the most beautiful cat ever; the smartest cat ever; the greatest cat ever. Oh yeah, he's kinda my cat. I picked him out, and I helped him adapt to our house and our pets, and he is a lovely boy.

The fun thing about Tuxedo is that I'll be watching TV or reading and it'll get to be time for bed, and I'll stand up and call him:

“Tucky, bed time!”

…  and he tears down the hallway and jumps on the bed. He's delicious.”

Yes, he was.

Republicans, because, of course, Marjorie Taylor Greene and Thomas Massie were the only two members of Congress to vote against a bipartisan resolution mourning the loss of life from a series of devastating earthquakes in Turkey and Syria this month. The measure passed the House by a vote of 412-2 but these two fuckmonkeys voted No.

And that, people, is the GOP.

Sidenote: I am in Twitter Jail because I Tweeted to Large Marge that she is a “dumb bitch” and Twitter called that Hate Speech. They asked if I wanted to appeal it and I replied ‘Yes,’ and then explained that what I said was, in fact, true because Jewish-Space-Laser-loving, Gazpacho Police threatening, Peachtree dish spewing, Secessionist traitor MTG is, truthfully, a “dumb bitch.”

I’m still in jail.

A co-worker asked me what was the dumbest thing that I had ever done and I replied:

“How cute of you to assume I’ve peaked.”

Believe me, there is a lot more dumb to be had.

Rupert Murdoch, Chair and CEO of Fox Corp, testified under oath that Fox News promoted election denialism on air, despite a raft of evidence revealing that many hosts privately knew the claims made by Thing 45 and his surrogates were lies.

What? Fox News lies? And they admitted it??? Now I think they need to be put on trial for their part in inciting an insurrection.

After a drag show was cancelled at Primanti Bros. Restaurant & Bar In West Virginia, a local Mixed Martial Arts instructor—Johnny Haught, above, instructor-owner at Ohio Valley—offered himself and some of his fighters as security if they should reschedule, saying:

“The drag show is no more offensive than a Broadway show, or a standup comedy show. In essence, it’s a mix of both. At the end of the day, it is entertainment. Not part of some hidden agenda, like some would have you believe.”

Good on Haught for standing up and speaking out; that’s how you fight the bigots.

Twitter CEO Elon Musk has apologized for taking part in that sickening conspiracy theory about the home invasion at Nancy Pelosi’s house, and the violent attack on her husband.

Elon Musk is a pandering lying moron looking for clicks.

Sergey Kharkov is a Russian model and athlete, with a great head of hair, but who cares about that? All I wanna know is ... Would You Hit It?

I am still in Twitter Jail because I refuse to say that MTG is not a dumb bitch, so this Tweet comes from my Facebook page.

33 comments:

  1. Tell Carlos to get an appointment with a Diabetic Nutritionist. I did shortly after I was diagnosed and learned a lot about eating. Most important though was this..."you can actually eat anything you want. It is not what you eat but how much and how often".

    Now, would I hit it? Damn right I would and "it" could just lay there and not do a thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carlos just needs to cut down on bread and stuff

      Delete
  2. Borderline diabetic here, as well. I manage my sugar by exercising a lot and keeping my weight down. As for Twitter jail, I've only been there once. I've learned to use very informal names to start my nasty Tweets, so McCarthy becomes Kev, and Elise Stefanik is Ellie. That way the Twitter police let me say "Ellie, you're a lying sack of shit from Hell," without any problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carlos has no issues with the weight, it's just needing more veggies in his life, and less bread, butter, and honey!
      The funny thing is can call Junior a Cokehead and tell him to Fuck all the way off and Twitter seems fine with that!

      Delete
  3. Yay for Johnny Haught -- he's absolutely right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is, and good on him for standing up!

      Delete
  4. Margarine lives a life beyond all common decency; how could anyone not deplore the loss of 50,000+ human lives?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She wants us to feel sad about insurrectionists in jail but she doesn't give a good god damn about dead people? I was right, she is a dumb bitch.

      Delete
  5. *slow clap* getting banned on twitter for calling out that shrieking b*tch a b*tch? Well played. I think you should take a page of Dave's book and call her Large Marge or Marge Three Names. That way the bots will be puzzled.
    A long time ago I was put on a diet because I was hypoglycemic. I've followed it ever since. I sometimes relapse and have cake but hey.
    And Faux News was lying?? What? I'm shocked, I tell you.
    And of course I'd let him hit it into next week. Duh.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I call her Large Marge and Empty G all the time, but I guess dumb bitch struck a nerve at Elon's Twitter because he's such a dumb bitch.
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. (Carlos) (Tuxedo - always)
    Twitter Jail. eh? Good job!!
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twitter Jail isn't bad because I know when I go back it will be business as usual.

      Delete
  7. Although I'm certain it is emotionally difficult to look back at happier times with Tuxedo, it's lovely to see a story about him here.
    I love that you've found yourself in Twitter jail for speaking the truth. MTG needs to be slapped with a muzzle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking back from when Tuxedo was younger and how he acted with us will always make me smile.
      I will wait out my sentence on Twitter and then I'll go back and find new words for Marge.

      Delete
  8. I struggle to imagine MTG's (and Massie's) rationale for opposing a resolution mourning the loss of life in a national disaster. These people have put ideology above basic humanity. And not for the first time.

    I want to know where Kharkov stands on the Ukraine invasion before committing myself to hitting it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine those two GOP buffoons walking around the devastation and when someone mentions the loss of a loved one, they say nothing and keep moving. Disgusting.
      I think Sergei lives mostly in America now, so I think he might be more Ukraine than Vlad.

      Delete
  9. Hey Bob! I'm offline right now due to illness, so I didn't get a chance to express my deepest condolences over the loss of Tuxedo. I missed seeing your bright, funny posts and sharing them with Tim. I remember when I was first diagnosed with pre-diabetes and had "the talk" with the nutritionist. It felt like someone had taken my birthday away. But, following the letter of the law, I dropped 20 pounds and kept it off, and my numbers leveled out in a very good way. So keep up the encouragement and tell Carlos "it does get better."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Tuxedo was, no doubt, the greatest pet I have ever had, and I've had a lot of great ones.
      Carlos and I eat pretty healthy so for him, t's just cutting out his love of bread and butter and honey, and then he'll do fine.

      Delete
  10. You shouldn't be in Twitter jail for telling the truth. There is so much worse on that platform. I'm rarely on it because it makes me too angry. I'm pre-diabetic too and just ate a bagel slathered with cream cheese.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I said nothing wrong because if anyone with half a brain listens to Large Marge the term "dumb bitch" bubbles to the surface!

      Delete
  11. I am with you. She is indeed a dumb bitch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed she is; and she proves it several times daily.

      Delete
  12. aussieguy7:38 PM

    Oh, "dumb bitch" just scratches the surface! Hell, I'd be in penitentiary (for life!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, is what I said really so wrong?????

      Delete
  13. Doesn't seem fair that you are in jail. Why is it acceptable for her to be an idiot but not for you to point it out to the world? Poor Carlos. Losing bread would be a bad thing for me so I can't only imagine how he feels but I hope he is hanging in there. I am glad the quote brought you some comfort and take care of yourself. Also, as the owner of the dumb, white guy blog, it's good to hear that you haven't peaked yet either. It gives me great comfort to know that there's another man out there who knows that he still has a lot of dumb left in him. Take care, Bob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, there's loads more dumb; loads!!
      Yeah, the bread is Carlos' downfall, but he's doing very good with it, and I'm changing my eating habits, too, so it's not just him.

      Delete
  14. It's good to see you getting back into the groove after Tuxedo's death. The main trouble with MTG is that she is as thick as two short planks. A family member or trusted friend should whisper this wise advice into her good ear, "KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yorkshire.
      Maybe Tuxedo is somewhere whispering in that ear, though offering a few more expletives!

      Delete
  15. Pre-diabetics shouldn't fling feces.
    I don't know about Twitter, but I find you very appealing.
    Sergey? Yes please. I need a pick-me-up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily his feces flinging days are over!!
      Twitter has no taste!
      Sergei, on the other hand, quite tasty.

      Delete
  16. I feel for Carlos. NOBODY messes with my breakfast (fruit and yoghurt). Also, when I was pregnant with my first son I ate so many mangoes I'm surprised he didn't end up looking like a mango.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plus, his doctor told him mangoes are bad because they are so laded with fruit he should really only eat a quarter of one!

      Delete
  17. Love the Carlos stories, you call it as you see it. Dumb is dumb.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......