Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Architecture Wednesday: Brentwood Estate

This home looks like it stepped out of a Nancy Meyers movie, with its traditional architecture, light and bright interiors, and impeccable design. The home sits on over two serene acres, this sprawling 12,000 square foot, five bedroom, nine full and half bath, mostly one-story ranch home is a one-of-a-kind sanctuary.

And it’s on the market for the first time on market in almost 30 years.

Sitting behind more than 280 feet of hedged frontage, the classic façade leads to contemporary interiors, which are lofty, inviting, and flooded with natural light; while floors of polished brick and handsome hardwood; there are vaulted beamed ceilings with skylights, fireplaces throughout—including the primary suite bathroom—and views to the private pool, pool house, and gardens.

A chef's kitchen with ample cabinetry and high-end appliances includes an indoor BBQ and across the loggia is a circular breakfast room with walls of glass looking out onto the terrace. The spacious owner's suite is a restful retreat with sitting area and fireplace, sunny bay window, and private covered balcony overlooking the property; it has a wood-paneled bathroom with soaking tub and large shower, along with privacy leaded-glass windows. There is also a large gym, office, and secondary bedrooms. Each with their own bathrooms attached. An Art Deco theater, bar and marble powder room, feature mohair covered sofas and burl wood columns.

Glass doors along the loggia open to a large courtyard patio for quintessential California indoor-outdoor living and entertaining on two acres of majestic mature trees, tennis court, gazebo, waterfall pool and spa, pool house with bar, fireplace, and separate infrared sauna and steam room, as well as entertaining patios, large grassy areas, a designated vegetable garden, plus meandering paths leading to a peaceful yoga and meditation platform.

And it can be yours if you write a check, made payable to the owner, Jim Carrey—yes, maybe you saw The Riddler costume—for a hair under $29,000,000.00.

28 comments:

  1. Pat Lark9:07 AM

    You'd need a few more cool millions just for upkeep. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, but if you can afford $29M you can afford the upkeep!

      Delete
  2. Sorry, too much white. The floors are nice in the bathroom, the fireplace is a bit too much, though, and statues make that shower too odd. The grounds are nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. C'mon, you work at Big Orange, get a deal on some paint!

      Delete
  3. Some people have too much money, Bob...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so. I could live happily in less than a tenth of that house!

      Delete
  4. Walking around the house and grounds
    would get your exercise in!
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful isn't it. I especially love that pool and that "day bed" outside. What always beats me though is why you need 9.5 bathrooms for 5 bedrooms. I mean, if you're sharing a bedroom with someone I'm pretty sure you could share a bathroom right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There always seems to be an overabundance of bathrooms in these houses, though I guess one in the pool house, and possibly one at the Zen cottage???

      Delete
  6. I like this one. That bathroom with the fire thingy has a little bit more wood than I like in a room, but I can live with more wood in small dosages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like my wood in large doses.
      😲

      Delete
    2. A little wood can go a long way, dear Bobulah.

      Delete
    3. Don't I know it! 🙀

      Delete
  7. Well, I'd say Jim Carrey has done pretty well for himself, hasn't he?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It's a lovely home and the gardens are wonderful.

      Delete
  8. I lived in LA with a friend for about a year and we visited the Brentwood area and scoped out the homes. A lot are hidden with walls and some type of shrubby. Such beautiful homes.

    Just a reminder when previewing a home for purchase you look at the bones. Does the flow meet your needs? Will it cost too much to bring it up-to-date or remodel. You many get the price of doing so off the asking price. The furniture is there to give you a suggestion on how to use the rooms and they will be removed upon the sell of the home. Yes, some sellers may let you buy a piece or two. Paint is one of the cheapest applications to a home. Don't like the white, paint it a color of your choosing.

    For the most part, I love the home. I like the bones. Yes, it is a little too big for just me and the upkeep would cost a pretty penny. As mentioned, why does one need all those bathrooms. Maybe each bedroom has a ensuite bathroom and the rest are located through out the home. I love the mature outside plantings. Feels cozy and secluded.

    And yes, I saw the Riddler costume incased next to the bar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's way too big, but I love the grounds and the sort New England-ness of the house.

      Delete
  9. I'm happy for him. It's impressive. And what I tend to consider obscene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like t, though it doesn't feel obscene, until your hear the price and the size. The rooms seems quite comfortable.

      Delete
  10. Hello, Riddler! You're right about the Nancy Meyers movie. That place is not for me, although I can afford it, of course. I wonder why Jim is selling. He's a strange guy.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take down some of the art and slap Meryl Streep in it and Nancy's got a brand new film!!
      xoxo

      Delete
  11. It's huge. And I don't say that very often.
    But you had me at 'loggia', btw. Very nice bones and I love the white because it bring out the color in the artwork. Love the outdoors though. Fab.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd buy t if the artwork was included ... and I had the $29M!!!
      xoxo

      Delete
  12. I agree with a prior commenter about too much white. I did like those wood rooms. However, the place is out of my price range anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the white because of the art; if I can keep the art when I buy it ...

      Delete
  13. I like, the kitchen needs wall ovens, I don't bend over like I once did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make an offer of $28.5M based on the lack of wall ovens. i think they'll go for it!!!

      Delete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......