Thursday, March 16, 2023

Bobservations

Lately Carlos has been asking Sri to tell him jokes, which the then saves up for me, telling me as were in bed about to doze off; jokes like:

A park ranger warned some campers:

“Never get on the bad side of a bear.”

“What side is the bad side?”

“The inside.”

Or …

I make a lot of Dad jokes for someone who’s not a Dad.

It’s a real faux Pa.

Or …

I was washing the car with a friend and someone asked:

“Can’t you just use a sponge?”

I have told him that I will murder him one night in his sleep for these jokes and I will get off on the charge once I tell people what he’s doing.

Those jokes are a crime punishable by death … or at least being hit in the head with a cartoon frying pan.

This one, about The Great Tuxedo, is from March 2009:
"I was on yard patrol today, raking leaves, bagging, leaves, hauling bags across the lawn to be put in  the back of the car and taken. Tuxedo likes to sit in the window and watch.
But then he gave me the Pouty Face when I came inside because he isn't allowed to go outside.
Then he decided to punish me for leaving him in the house while I was outside having 'fun.'
Note to self: Don't piss off Tuxedo!"
Carlos was amazed that tuxedo would attack my hand and biting like that, but it didn't really hurt, it was just how we played.
I miss that.

I don’t eat fast food, but for some it’s a way of the life and maybe their only joy? Take one Belinda Miller from Georgia who drove her SUV through the front doors of her local Popeye’s because she claims they didn’t give her her biscuits.

According to the police, Richmond County sheriff’s deputies responded to Popeye’s for an accident with injuries and the manager told them that Miller drove her SUV into the east entrance after she became upset that her order did not have any biscuits. She continued to ram her car into the store and then decided she’d made her point and left for home, where police found her. She has been charged with aggravated assault and criminal damage to the property.

Like I said, I don’t eat fast food, but, damn, those must be some good biscuits!

At a recent publicity stop in Iowa Julie Ross, who calls herself a “craftivist”, gifted Florida’s Anti-Woke Governor Ron de Fascist with a handmade snowflake. But the joke was on Ronnie because, look closely, the snowflake is made of the word ‘fascist.’

Love it!

Everyone’s talking about the Big Dress at the Oscars last weekend, and I missed the photo of Nigerian singer Tems, who co-wrote Lift Me Up, from Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, and her giant hood.

People seated behind her craned their necks to watch the show, but I’d have found a tiny pair of sheers and cut myself a face one and pushed my head through right beside hers.

Seriously, look at her gorgeous face that has Zero Fucks to give anyone sitting behind or beside her. Lift Me Up, indeed, so I can see that show!

Last week at church, the pastor asked if anyone would like to express praise for answered prayers, and Susan Greene took to the podium:

"I have a praise. Two months ago my husband, Phil, had a terrible bicycle wreck and his scrotum was completely crushed. The pain was excruciating and the doctors didn't know if they could help him."

The men in the congregation gasped and clutched their nether regions as Mrs. Greene continued:

"Phil was unable to hold me or the children, and every move caused him terrible pain. We prayed as the doctors performed an operation to piece together the crushed remnants of his scrotum and wrap wire around it to hold it in place."

The men in church were visibly squirming now:

“Thank the Lord, Phil is out of the hospital and the doctors say that with time, his scrotum should recover completely."

The men sighed and the pastor asked if anyone else had praise; a man stood, and walked to the podium:

"I'm Phil, and I just want to tell my wife the word is sternum."

Oh.

The New Mexico legislature has passed legislation, officially titled the Human Rights Modernization Act, to modernize the state’s anti-discrimination law by adding explicit protections for LGBTQ+ people.

The proposed law, which Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham is expected to sign, establishes a broader slate of protections for LGBTQ+ people by defining gender and sex in state law and expanding existing definitions of sexual orientation and gender identity.

Good on New Mexico. Especially with the anti-LGBTQ+ nonsense going on around the rest of the country. This is what happens when you put adults, and by adults I mean Democrats, in charge.

Another show I’m enjoying is Alaska Daily, starring Hilary Swank as a reporter in Alaska covering the many stories of Indigenous women who go missing every year in this country; a couple of hotties co-star, and they are Craig Frank, left, and Shane McRae, right, and so I pose the question; Which One Would You Hit?

39 comments:

  1. Oh, Carlos. Those are some bad “jokes.” Fortunately, SG wouldn’t tell them because someone would have to explain them first.

    Sternum. Scrotum. Parts is parts. (Oh my god.)

    The big dress looked stunning on her but I don’t get the sitting in the audience like that. Ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes pretend I don't "get" his new jokes and then it becomes even funnier as he explains it to me!
      Gorgeous woman, but she should have asked for a seat in the back!

      Delete
  2. I like the scrotum joke!!! Slightly better than Carlos' jokes eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We chose to move to New Mexico almost 8 years ago. The blue color was a major reason for our choice (not so much the red and green chili).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd go for the Blue AND the chilis!

      Delete
  4. Tuxedo, you are missed. Ron, you are a stupid fascist, and I wish I had thought of making a snowflake for you. I thought it was rude to be in an audience with that dress. She should have gone naked. I've never had Popeye's so I guess I'd better get some biscuits after work today. Scrotum, sternum, what's the difference? I don't want to hit either one. Not in the mood.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you Janie; I thought that wearing that hood was just ignorant.

      Delete
    2. Helen, when we go to the awards ceremony, we'll insist on an unobstructed view.

      Delete
    3. Tuxedo is missed every single minute of every day.
      I love how Ron is such an idiot he didn't see Fascist!
      I'd have pulled the shroud down, filled it with Popeye's biscuits and then had it after I hit those two hotties!
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. Awwww.. Tuxedo!
    And I LOVE dad jokes. Especially if it's Dads telling them. For real.
    And Alaska Daily? I should look it up on Hulu because I'd like to be spitroasted by Craig and Shane. Oh. Shit. Did I just write that??

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carlos' jokes are just the worst, especially when told just as I'm drifting off to sleep!
      What I like about Alaska Daily is that it also shines a light on Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women [https://mmiwusa.org/] who seem to be forgotten by law enforcement.
      But the hot guys are a nice addition.

      Delete
  6. (Carlos) (Tuxedo forever!)
    Good for New Mexico!
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to see states working to make LGBTQ+ people equal, rather than trying to make us invisible.
      xoxo

      Delete
  7. I hope that scrotum story is true. Because that's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm fairly sure it's not true, but if it was??

      Delete
  8. My grandson asks Alexa to tell him jokes. He's 6. LOL!
    Tuxedo certainly was opinionated. As long as you didn't need to go to the ER, all is good.
    I'd vote for Julie Ross! Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. *Sigh* a biscuit craving can be a terrible thing! Maybe that was the biscuit that broke the camel's back.
    El Gato Guapo was my hero.
    I wouldn't hit either of those guys. I'm currently having problems with my sternum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Deedles, it's just as well it isn't your scrotum you're having problems with.

      Delete
    2. Helen, hon, I can probably make good money if I grew one of those things, but, ewwww.

      Delete
    3. Tuxedo was, and is, my hero, too!
      Sternum issues I can take, but scrotum??? Nope.

      Delete
  10. Those jokes are groan worthy. Tuxedo just liked to play which for cats sometimes involves biting and scratching. It's done in the name of affection, even when it draws blood. Scrotum versus sternum--OMG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The jokes are ALMOST murder-worthy.
      Oh, I used to love Tuxedo attacking me, and he loved it, too; for both of us it was "our" game.

      Delete
  11. One of your best ever postings. Made me laugh out loud. And, I just got an Echo Dot and one of the first things I did was as it for a joke. I said "Why did the crocodile cross the road? To live in denial". Tell Carlos I am on his side with the sick jokes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carlos has no side this time. He's goin' down if he keeps it up.

      Delete
  12. aussieguy5:42 PM

    Oh, to be woke! DeSantis is just proving how valuable and wonderful the Floridum education system is. He makes an appropriate spokesperson! Phil's wife probably screws up prostate/prostrate as well...sign me up for McRae!

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Faux Pa" and "the word is sternum" GROAN!!!! And how nice to see Tuxedo again. What a beautiful cat he was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The jokes are as painful as getting your scrotum crushed??
      And Tuxedo was a most handsome fella.

      Delete
  14. Carlos!!! Rocks!!!! If you trying reading the edge of DeSantis' snowflake, you can make out the word GaG repeating around the circumference. I may have to start watching Alaska Daily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carlos may be hit by rocks! I Kid!

      Delete
  15. Increasingly I am proud to be woke! Right wingers in Britain have increasingly been using the term to denigrate those who do not think in a conservative way. I heard a Member of Parliament using a linked word just yesterday. He referred to the "wokearatti" - like a a leftist and intellectually detached strand of society. We should seek to reclaim "woke" and not be embarrassed about it. Stand up if you are Woke!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To mean it seems quite simple: woke is awake and aware, and if you're not woke, you're asleep and unaware, and that's no way to live your life.

      Delete
  16. LOVE the Snowflake :)
    I miss play fighting with Angel but I had to wear leather elbow length rose pruning gloves when I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tuxedo was always very good about biting but never breaking the skin; he loved to fight like that.

      Delete
  17. Carlos can tell those jokes all the time, we need groans and laughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, the groans are outweighing the laughs, though I love that he thinks the jokes are hysterical.

      Delete
  18. Ok. The Phil sternum joke is hilarious. Perhaps you should tell that one to Carlos when he finishes with his jokes for the night?
    My heart breaks for your missing your Tux.
    They take a long time leaving, but they'll be a long time gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told Carlos The Phil joke, and then had to explain it to him; oy!
      Yeah, it's still a lonely house out here without Tuxedo. He was a huge part of our family.

      Delete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......