Thursday, January 05, 2023

Bobservations

The other night, watching the news before bed, we heard that Barbara Walters had died. Carlos asked:

“What show was she on?”

“The View.”

“No, that other one … Twenty Minutes.”

The man confused Sixty Minutes with 20/20, bless his heart.

This GOP Clown Car Extravaganza is making my week, especially listening to all the dim bulbs in the party—Bobo, Empty G, Gym Jordan, Matt Predator Gaetz—brag about all they will accomplish when they can’t even pick a Speaker.

When the new Congress convenes House Republicans are set to vote on a rules package that guts the Office of Congressional Ethics.

The GOP getting rid of the Ethics Committee makes perfect sense since they’ve never had any.

Elon Musk was the second person ever to amass a personal fortune of more than $200 billion, right after Jeff Bezos, but he also has a new honor all his own: becoming the only person in history to erase $200 billion from their net worth.

Sorry not sorry.

When you shtup a grifter you become one … we now know Junior’s pole-dancing trick, Kimberly Guilfoyle, asked for a $60,000 payment upfront before giving a three-minute speech at Thing 45’s Insurrection Party. Seriously? Does she think she’s a ‘high-class’ call girl now? And she was quite the bitch to campaign deputy Caroline Wren:

“You will pay us that’s the deal so don’t even think about it. You will send the funds as promised.”

Wren disagreed, so Kimmy said they were “done for life,” and then demanded Julie Fancelli, QAnon heir to the supermarket chain Publix, cough up $176.47 per, mostly screeched monosyllabic, word for a total of 60K.

Popped into one of the shops downtown the other and this guy was ahead of me in line and for some reason I forgot why I was there. I had to follow him around all day trying to remember what it was I wanted and then it hit me … cakes!

Photo blatantly stolen from Voenix Rising

Remember Mark and Patricia McCloskey, AKA Boozy and Clod, the couple who were pardoned for pointing guns at Black Lives Matter protestors outside their Central West End mansion in 2020? Well, this week a St. Louis judge ruled that they will not be getting their guns or legal fees back.

Mark, er, Clod McCloskey ran for the US Senate this year, finishing fifth with a scant 3% of the vote, and the following month both Boozy and Clod lost as appeal to the US Supreme Court to reinstate their law licenses.

Again, sorry not sorry.

Years back, after Carlos and I met online, I flew to Miami to meet him. About  a month after that he came to California to meet my family and friends. He came to my job and I awkwardly introduced him as a ‘friend’ from Miami. He has given me grief about "My Friend From Miami" for over twenty years.

This past weekend we had cock-a-tales with the Round The Way Gays, David and Neal, who lived right around the corner when we moved into our home. We’d been told there was another gay couple in the neighborhood, and one day after walking the dog, Carlos raced home to tell me he'd seen the other homos.

Well, this past weekend I learned that Carlos stopped to talk with David, who told him his partner, Neal, was in the house and Carlos said he lived around the corner with his … wait for it … it's rich ... and it's on ... friend.

Needless to say, Carlos had an interesting New Year’s Eve.

Finally, I have the perfect apron for when I’m deep frying and want to protect my junk. Plus, it has a zippered compartment for all my, um, kitchen supplies. Yeah, kitchen supplies.

Joris Lechene is a Black, gay, Franco-British social influencer and model with a fabulously wild head of hair and wicked smile but that’s not the issue: Would You Hit It?

31 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That was my first thought whenI saw them that day!

      Delete
  2. I've heard that no concession will get McCarthy the Speaker position and that he will retire from politics within the year. Good. Santos Parents? 😎😎😎 Musk is on his way to being Toast. And sorry, Lechene needs to crop that hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. McCarthy will be the last person to realize he's SOL.
      Oh, Joris' hair is amazing.

      Delete
  3. I am glad to see that the Dems are not doing a thing to help the Repubs out of their dilemma. Let them suffer their self-inflicted pain. If they ever elect a GOP Speaker, their ability to govern will be crippled. Then again maybe Jeffries has a chance yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The GOP thinks they can get so much done on Hunter's lapdog, but will ignore inflation and the border and fentanyl and all the things they ran on if, and it's a big IF, they get this ONE job done first? Sorry kids.

      Delete
  4. It makes me so happy to know that you and Carlos are friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so funny about the cakes picture. I once turned unexpectedly and once caught a guy snapping a picture of my ads. The guy was red but I laughed!!!!

    I too am enjoying the in biting of all the wacky GQP on each other. They are now heckling themselves!!!! Our job is done. Even MTG is even swiping at Bobert!!! They are going to implode!!!! At least us Dems got some things done. And if McCarthy does get speaker who damn well know he sold his soul to every member and will have to pay alot of favors and possibly suck some dick.

    And Carlos....ever the guaranteed crack up....bless him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How can you NOT stare???? 👀👀👀
      The GOP will eat themselves alive.
      Carlos slayed this week.

      Delete
  6. Double dipping here. There is never enough Carlos so two on one day is a joy. And, he showed up in "People You May Know" on my Facebook page so I asked him to be my friend. Not the same as your friend but a friend none the less. Don't be upset. I am way to old and over a thousand miles away afterall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carlos was an extra treat this week.

      Delete
  7. aussieguy11:17 AM

    You look marvelous in your “apron”! Not everyone could pull it off. And I believe the O in GOP stands for oxymoronic…they’re providing much-watch TV!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like a little leather something while cooking.

      Delete
  8. Well, St George does claim to be Caucasian and black so Hershey and Kari are possibilities for parenthood (although as far as we know Kari didn't die on 9/11).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man, the lies this guy tells with such ease is stunning.

      Delete
  9. 20 minutes? I think you can work that “friend” response for another 20 years. I wouldn’t mind giving Joris Lechene’s hair a few tugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you about Joris' hair.

      Delete
  10. (Carlos) (Tuxedo)
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Next you are going to tell the neighbors you're "roommates."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We met an older gay couple when we first moved to Camden and now, fifteen years later, they have decided to tell us that they've never been a couple, and were always just roommates ... who owned homes and businesses and lived together and traveled together??

      Delete
  12. Carlos stories are the best. My political action figures can't stop laughing at the GOP's inability to elect a speaker. The noise is interfering with my work.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carlos is high-larious especially because he doesn't even know it!
      I saw your Mantel Group chuckling today!
      xoxo

      Delete
  13. The tweet of the week is too great. Love it. As almost as I love hearing tales of Carlos. Hope you enjoyed your cakes. Happy New Year, Bob!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm cakes! 👀👀👀
      I wait for the day Santos decides to call Kari and Herschel Mommy and Daddy.
      HNY Mr. Shife

      Delete
  14. It is hilarious that the GOP cannot elect a speaker. And I am enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a rich week for your collection

    ReplyDelete
  16. It was a week of giving ....

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's brilliant news about the McCloskeys, and I loved "George Santos's parents." LOL! Mr. Cakes is quite captivating but his bail bonds shirt gives me pause.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......