Monday, January 02, 2023

Bryan Ruby Comes Out

It’s hard for a professional baseball player to come out as gay while playing; it’s just as difficult for a country music singer to announce their queerness to the world. Both professions are not known to be full of the love for The Openly Gay.

But imagine you’re Bryan Ruby, who made history as the only active pro baseball player—for the minor league Salem-Keizer Volcanoes—and a country western singer trying to make a name for himself while coming out while released a new song, “Christmas With You,” dedicated to his boyfriend:

♪ ♫ I don’t wanna sing carols, hang stockings by the fire;

If I said I wanna go shopping, I’d be a stone-cold liar.

 I don’t care about decorating or all the holiday food.

All I wanna do is spend my Christmas with you. ♫ ♪

When he came out, Ruby acknowledged that he’s on a minor league team and “not a hot-shot prospect” for the major league, but maybe by taking this step, he’ll make it easier for the next gay ball player, or country singer, to come out.

“I kept thinking about the little 14-year-old me, who was scared because I’m a baseball player who loved country music. Those are worlds where people like me are told they can’t belong. I want to help create a world where future generations ... don’t have to sacrifice authenticity or who they really are.”

Welcome out, Bryan, and please accept as our gift, from HOMO HQ, the Official Coming Out Toaster Oven and a copy of The Gay Agenda.

On a personal note, please accept my invitation to join the Husband In My Head Club … just saying.

Welcome out.


LGBTQ Nation

33 comments:

  1. Good for him for living his life loud and proud! I liked the song and video too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that he's blazing a trail for others to follow!

      Delete
  2. krayolakris9:26 AM

    Bryan Ruby is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Brave man. I hope his soul is breathing easier now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful thing to say, Ms. Moon!

      Delete
  4. I am so not into celebrities or baseball or country music so never heard of Ruby, but he seems cool. Nice song too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really into country or baseball, but it's to see someone come out as gay in those fields.

      Delete
  5. Nice voice. Nice song. Welcome to the world, Brian. One suggestion, I'm betting if he cut his hair, his fan base would grow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no sir, I am hear for the hair and the jeans and the voice and the big bat!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. He's a hot longhaired singin' swingin' hunk.
      xoxo

      Delete
  7. I suspect most country fans wouldn't have a clue that the song was dedicated to his b/f. Good on him for speaking his truth and good luck too in both his baseball and music career.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's really paving the way for those who come next and that's all we can do.

      Delete
  8. I'd like to give him a hug! I don't do Country, but I do like his voice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He could sing to me while swinging his bat and I'm good!

      Delete
  9. I'm neither a baseball fan nor a country music fan, but I would certainly try to get along with this guy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. He's hot! I congratulate him for living his truth.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a sucker for a hot longhaired guy in jeans with a bat.
      Just sayin'
      xoxo

      Delete
  11. Two areas where there isn't a lot of acceptance or understanding of gayness. I wish him much success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree; he's gonna have a tough road, but he seems ready to make it happen.

      Delete
  12. Anonymous3:31 PM

    Bob, Better check the Occupant Load in the Husband in Your Head room. It's getting pretty crowded in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it might be full, but then I remembered I removed Armie Hammer when it was revealed he's kind of a perverted cannibal. Make just the perfect spot for Bryan!

      Delete
  13. I love country!! I lived in Dallas for six years!! Trust me those cowboys were hot as hell. And even the straight cowboys were sweet as hell. There mama raised them right. Wranglers that fit just right and heavy, heavy starched shirts were the uniform of the day.

    Bryan has a great voice and he is not bad to look at as well.

    I am 65 years old and when I see young people stepping out into their authentic self it brings be to tears.

    I was in my 30's when the internet came into the mainstream. I am from the AOL dialup days where you paid by the hour. Forget about Grinder, TickTock, and Instagram. Never heard of them in the 90's.

    Young people today have it easier being gay. I am not saying it is all peaches and ice-cream but far better than before. Still I am in awe of our gay community coming out younger and younger and living their truth. It warms my heart. I trust they don't forget who ushered a smoother path for them and know their gay history.

    Thanks for sharing Bryan Ruby with us. Much success for him.





    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think that the steps we took back in the day makes it easier for those coming up now.

      Delete
    2. I better quit typing fast and proofread before I post.

      Delete
  14. aussieguy5:45 PM

    Well, I love country & I love baseball (worked for the Cubs briefly), and this here ol' country boy looks mighty fine to me...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yep.
    Very brave. And the voice is not bad and he looks, well, the part and then some. Gonna go stalk his Insta...

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is kinda stalker-worthy, you know, in a good way ...
      xoxo

      Delete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......