Friday, December 16, 2022

I Didn't Say It

Cyndi Lauper, singer, activist and LGBTQ+ ally, thanking President Biden for signing the Respect for Marriage Act:

“I came here because I wanted to say thank you to President Biden, Speaker Pelosi, Vice President Harris and all the advocates and his team for all families—mine and a lot of my friends and people you know … we can rest easy tonight because our families are validated, and because now we’re allowed to love who we love.”

And right after saying this Lauper was attacked on social media for praising equality for same-sex couples and interracial couples.

And folks wonder why we fight.

photo

John Avlon, CNN, on Marjorie Taylor Greene saying if she had planned the insurrection “we would have won”:

“She was playing to the crowd. But what she is basically saying is what we’ve been pointing out: without accountability, failed insurrections are just practice. She’s saying they would have succeeded, and they would have come armed. And that’s a statement with real weight if you’re a member of Congress. That’s an endorsement of violent sedition. Make no mistake about it.”

Greene should have been run out of Congress for suggesting she’d be in favor of, and probably attend, an armed attack on our government.

Traitorous ignorant bitch.

photo

Andrew Hartzler, nephew of crying anti-marriage equality GOP lunatic Vicky Hartzler:

“Aunt Vicky, that’s just not right. Institutions of faith like religious universities are not being silenced. They’re being empowered by the U.S. government to discriminate against tens of thousands of LGBTQ students because of religious exemptions, but they still receive federal funding. It’s more like you want the power to force your religious beliefs onto everyone else and because you don’t have that power you feel like you’re being silenced, but you’re not.”

Sadly, Aunt Vicky is too blinded by her ignorance, masked as faith, to ever see the truth, but good on Andrew for taking her to task.

photo

Kirk Cameron, former childish actor and current butt-hurt religious wingnut, whining on Fox:

“One of the things I love about our country is its commitment to the sharing of knowledge and the free expression of ideas. That is why I’m excited to bring Brave Books Story Hour to public libraries across the country. Unfortunately, though many of these libraries gladly hosted the ‘Drag Queen Story Hour,’ several have refused to let me read about biblical wisdom from my new children’s book, ‘As You Grow.’ Today, I sent a letter to the directors of the Indianapolis Public Library and Scarsdale Public Library asking for the same opportunity the drag queens had this year to use a room in their libraries so I can read my new book and talk about love, joy and gentleness—character traits I think we all want to see in our children. I hope these libraries welcome me to Indiana and New York—but should they refuse to rent me a room, like those used by drag queens in June, I am prepared to assert my rights under the Constitution in court.”

Hey Kirk, you asshat, if the library doesn’t want you there, that’s their right. And please let us all know when you’ll stand up for Drag Queen Story Hours since you seem upset that they were allowed to read to the kids. And lastly, fix the pedophile situation in organized religion and protect children inside churches before you come for the libraries.

photo

Neal Bledsoe, actor, standing up for his beliefs and ending his affiliation with anti-same-sex marriage Great American Media and Kirk Cameron’s little bigoted sister, Candace Cameron Bure:

“My life wouldn’t be where it is today without the love, support, and guidance of the LGBTQIA+ community. From my mentors in college, to the myriad of agents and managers, writers and directors, teachers and colleagues, and, of course, my dear friends and family, who have all touched my life, I owe them a great debt. As someone who struggled as a young man with our society’s extremely narrow definition of masculinity, it was their community that provided me with refuge and a guiding light when my life felt lost. And now, if I cannot stand up for that community in their time of need, my debt to them means nothing. So, I want to be very clear: my support for the LGBTQIA+ community is unconditional—nothing is worth my silence or their ability to live and love freely in a world that we are lucky enough to share with them. I cannot continue with business as usual. I cannot take comfort from, nor will I give refuge to, those who excuse exclusion and promote division in any way, shape, or form. Everyone is entitled to their beliefs, and these are mine: the recent comments made by leadership at Great American Family are hurtful, wrong, and reflect an ideology that prioritizes judgment over love. I was raised as a Christian and believe in the essential message of love and forgiveness. That said, I could never forgive myself for continuing my relationship with a network that actively chooses to exclude the LGBTQIA+ community. It galls me to think that some among us are still finding ways to justify a crueler world under the cloak of faith, tradition, or, even worse, audience share.”

Bledsoe is one of many actors who seemingly left the Hallmark Channel for Great American Family. He made just two films for the network in 2022 before Candace Cameron Bure took over as creative director and said there would be no same-sex marriages, or relationships on the network, just ‘traditional’ ones.

Good on Bledsoe for standing up against hate masked as religious belief.

photo

31 comments:

  1. Bravo to everyone who stands up for our community against the bigots and haters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cyndi rocks!!! I understand the numbers of creative talent leaving the Great American Family channel is substantial, which is good. It's about time people like Candace and Kirk understand their beliefs don't come with special privileges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want Kirk and Candy to be forced to sit in a room while Cyndi rips them a new one for their Haste Faith.

      Delete
  3. My hat is off to all these exceptional human beings. As for Jerk Cameron and his evil sister, they can fuck all the way off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, off is the direction in which they should fuck.

      Delete
  4. Why can't people live and let live? How does it hurt you if a drag queen reads a story in a library or two people of the same sex get married? I can assure you it makes no difference in my life save that I am pleased that other people are being allowed to live the lives they want to lead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Live and Let Live doesn't work with some of these faux Christians.

      Delete
  5. Great American Family---

    We love our allies-Neal Bledsoe! Put your money where your mouth is.

    Apparently Trevor Donovan-90210-did get the memo and decided a paycheck is more important:

    http://greginhollywood.com/trevor-donovan-on-working-with-great-american-family-network-after-candace-cameron-bure-controversy-226300

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danica MacKellar also left Hallmark for GAC and says she believes Candy is entitled to her opinion but seemed to suggest Bledsoe was making a mistake by leaving.
      Asshats.

      Delete
  6. Oh, Allies are always amazing. Cyndi has ALWAYS been on our side. I just saw a pic of her with Sam Smith at the White House. Adorable.
    And the Camerons should use the money they've gotten from bigots to soothe the pain of being so butthurt. Fuck them.
    And Avlon is right: Jan 6 was a test drive, gone awry because of the ineptitude and ego of Cheetolini. But a smarter nazi will take over the country, eventually.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love how Kirk and Candy seem to think THEIR beliefs supersede those of anyone with whom they disagree.
      Fuck off, they can.
      xoxo

      Delete
  7. Mostly good statements! Nice to
    read.
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kirk Cameron is such a dumbass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need for politeness ... he's a piece of shit.

      Delete
  9. Life in the Cameron family must have been rigid and oppressive for Kirk and Candace to end up so full of hate and self-importance. MTG is insane and Republicans aren't willing to do anything about her. Cyndi always has a place in my heart.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right about the Camerons ... and Empty G ... and Cyndi!
      xoxo

      Delete
  10. I'm surprised Cyndi Lauper didn't rebuttal with a big fuck you.

    And again after Marjorie Taylor Green's comment like that why is she not being kicked out of Congress? Oh I forgot the other Republicans are a bunch of pussies.

    And that is Kirk Cameron now? I knew he was wacky but my God that he age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cyndi may have and I just missed it?
      I agree that traitorous C U Next Tuesday should be removed.
      When you're ugly on the inside, as happened with Cameron, it seeps through the skin.

      Delete
  11. Great Britain has evolved into a very secular society and the LGBTQ+ community are I think generally accepted and supported. However, I worry about Islam. Some of our big cities have significant Muslim populations in which a lot of the practices and beliefs seem almost medieval. We won't be there till we are all there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree we have to learn that your faith shouldn't affect my rights, nor should my faith, or even lack thereof, should affect yours.
      Live and let live.

      Delete
  12. aussieguy7:00 PM

    Sorry -- late getting to the party today! Kirk needn't worry about the Indianapolis Library -- us goish0-darned Hoosiers will probably welcome him with open arms (never mind a few of them will be flipping birds!)

    And puh-leez, would someone shut MTG the fuck up?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aussieguy7:02 PM

      Um, that's "gosh-darned", damn auto-correct...

      Delete
    2. I just find it ironic that Kirk is probably anti-drag queen but sees no issue with that.
      Marge will be going down one of the days, and not on a gym owner like she's used to doing.

      Delete
  13. Ok, I've tried to comment 3x and have accidently deleted each comment. I'm guessing it's a sign that you know what I'd say, sweetpea. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I remember the names, but can't recall what TV shows those Camerons were in and now that I know what they have become, I don't care.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dearest Bob, you got your nut cases in Congress, 100%. But, what you SHOULDN'T have in Congress are people still holding offices there who are not only nuts but also seditionists. Away with MTG and her ilk. Let them focus on something real like Agent Orange's NFTs Maybe they should all leave and play with their digitals. Good grief. How hard can it be to kick them out?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, this is the first I've heard of Great American Family or Candace Cameron Bure, so let's hope they continue dwelling in relative obscurity. (Or at least remain shielded from MY eyes.)

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......